Stromboli

ABC's "Castle"

user posted image

So, I don't watch TV a whole lot. And most of what I do watch is Food Network stuff.

This might be my favorite TV show ever (with the noted exception of Firefly).

If you haven't seen it, look it up on Hulu. Like, nao.

If you have seen it, are you as stoked as I am that Season 3 starts Sept. 20?

Edited by Stromboli

Nathan Fillion if a fiesta of yum, a hotpocket of manliness, and I'm frickin' obsessed with him. I don't watch Castle mainly because I miss his Captain Mal character soo much from Firefly and I don't want it ruined. And Captain Hammer....Gotta love him as Captain Hammer. I wonder if he ever guest-starred on Buffy....David Boreanaz and Nathan Fillion in the same episode? That's like more than a fiesta of yum.... that's like a whole new galaxy of YUM!

((I ish happy since you mentioned Nathan Fillion.))

He frequently wears a brown coat on Castle.

It pleases us greatly. :3

You should see if the Halloween episode, "Vampire Weekend" is on Hulu. It was Joss Whedon tribute day. Within the first ten minutes, we've referenced Buffy and Firefly. biggrin.gif

Nathan Fillion if a fiesta of yum, a hotpocket of manliness, and I'm frickin' obsessed with him.

Totally agree, I don't watch Castle but I have to agree that Fillion is hot laugh.gif

Also this is from a Castle episode, done I assume especially for firefly fans,

Edited by Kaynight

Yep, that's the clip from Vampire Weekend.

"Didn't you wear that like, five years ago?"

LAWL.

PS, awesome avatar.

I am so stoked for Castle's return. It's such an awesome show. Love the characters, love the actors, love the quirkiness. . . it's just a whole lot of fun. That, and I've thought Nathan Fillion is awesome since the first time I saw Firefly.

Actually, I think my favorite moment of Castle was the pseudo Malcolm Reynolds cameo. I couldn't stop laughing. Such a great show.

I love this show, and I especially love the references to Firefly;

"I was aiming for his head!"

I've always meant to check this show out. Mostly because I'm a giant Firefly fan and want to see more Nathan Fillion. biggrin.gif Unfortunately I've never gotten around to it. Looks like I'm going to have to see if Demonoid has a good torrent of it.

Totally agree, I don't watch Castle but I have to agree that Fillion is hot laugh.gif

Also this is from a Castle episode, done I assume especially for firefly fans,

Oh my gosh I don't think I'll ever stop laughing!

"Didn't you wear that, like, five years ago?"

"I like it!"

Nathan is great. :3 I think a lot of Castle fans are old Firefly followers.

I just wish that Morena Baccarin and Alan Tudyk's new show "V" was as good... The old mini-series they based V off of was way better. :|

Love me some Castle! Can't wait for the new season.

Oddly enough I didn't watch it the first season (I have since caught up) because I LOVED it so much I was afraid to get attached since when I LOVE a show that much, it usually gets axed the first season. But once I knew it was good to go for at least a 2nd season, I got caught up and haven't missed an ep yet.

My fav ep, The Mistress Spanks Twice. LOL

I think my fave this far has to be the spy game one.

That was so great.

"I think we're looking in the wrong place. I think we got so caught up in the game we forgot what was really important."

xd.png I love their scriptwriters. So much.

TWO WEEKS. I can't wait.

I wonder if he ever guest-starred on Buffy....David Boreanaz and Nathan Fillion in the same episode? That's like more than a fiesta of yum.... that's like a whole new galaxy of YUM!

Yes, for 5 eps of the 7th season. He played an evil preacher helping a big bad try to end the world and other doomy stuff.

I admit to having had Castle sitting my Netflix account for a while now, but I seem to be the only one in my household who wants to see it, so we keep ending up getting other things. *Considers putting it at the top and not saying anything.* No, I think younger siblings are still ticked off enough about the last time I did that.

Do they have the beginning on Hulu?

EDIT: Went and answered my own question. No they don't, and I hate jumping into the middle of a series.

Edited by Emmejo

I don't know if David & Nathan ever had any scenes together though when Nathan was on Buffy. Wasn't Angel on by then anyway? I can't remember and I'm more of an Angel fan then Buffy. wink.gif

Yes, for 5 eps of the 7th season. He played an evil preacher helping a big bad try to end the world and other doomy stuff.

And he was freaking scary in that role. A complete 180 from his playing either Castle or Mal.

Quite a few of the Firefly cast ended up in either Buffy or Angel after the series was canceled. And they were evil to boot.

Angel was long gone from Buffy by the time Nathan had hit guest-starring there. But Adam and Gina were both on Angel, the series.

I love Castle. Its awesome! xd.png

Favorite episode would be Punked.

... So did anyone see that season finale?

Because I think that might be the best episode ever.

... So did anyone see that season finale?

Because I think that might be the best episode ever.

I watched it.

Castle is a silly little time-waster most of the time, but man, when they get serious... it's ON!

Plus, they actually got me and my friends to speculate whether or not Beckett will die. I mean, I doubt she will--even if the writers wanted to have the last season be Castle, Ryan, and Esposito trying to solve the final clues, I doubt ABC would let them end such a popular show with budding merchandising end like that.

Oh, she totally won't die. The story would die without her. No one would watch a whole season of Castle paling around with Ryan and Esposito. She'll pull through.

But I was so annoyed at her during that scene when Castle went to talk to her. When he says he's her friend and she's all "Oh, is that what we are?" C'mon Becks. You've got a mouth too. If you think you're not friends, then say something. tongue.gif

I've only seen bits and pieces of it. It looks to be quite good.

If I wasn't sick to death of all these crime series 'cause my parents watch these all the time I'd actually consider watching it myself.

Oh yeah, Castle rocks, I wonder if they're gonna make another season. I saw the last espisode when they were at their boss's funeral and then um I forgot her name, but she's Castle's partner I want to know if she's going to live or if she dies. I don't like cliff hangers I want to know what happens I really really hope they make another season.

I'm happy that there's going to be a new season of Castle. In truth, I was afraid that there wasn't going to be another season, but since there is going to be one I'm happy and I can't wait to see it.

Eee, I'm so excited for the new season. :3 I need to hook up the TV in my dorm room yet though. >.> Can't find the cable. It's somewhere in one of my boxes...

Obviously Beckett can't die, 'cause that would kill the show. No one would watch any more. But I wonder if she'll remember what Castle said when she wakes up... If she doesn't and they go back to their whole never-talk-about-anything crap again, I might hit someone.

I love Castle! Nathan Fillion is THE man. I loved him in Firefly and I loved him in Buffy and now I get to see him back as this hilarious manchild and I love the back and forth between him and Kate however I really really really hope that they don't do it like Bones and drag out the relationship FOR EFFING EVER.

They already dragged it out for three seasons. xd.png

But I think they might start to get together this season. The writers seem to be itching to move it forward.