darkangel787

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

What do you guys think about the Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan?

I want you guys to tell me YOUR opinions!

My Opinion:

Okay. So I've also read the Percy jackson books, and I thought it was a bit of wonderful, fresh fantasy clashed with a little bit of Fantastic Greek Mythology (I'm a mythology fan...I mean, fanATIC. smile.gif)

But now here comes the Red Pyramid. The story line was...okay. But I thought it was a duplicate of The Percy Jackson. Rick Riordan has extraordinary talent for writing, but I think he sholud concentrate it on something else other than mythology fantasy. smile.gif

Edited by darkangel787

I'm halfway through it, and it isn't bad so far. The tape recorder thing was unique, though. I'd give it 3.5/5

well said.

I'ts just that I got bored through it and I had to put it down...and trust me, that's the second book IN MY WHOEL LIFE that I put down and didn't finish (I've been counting) tongue.gif

Aww for a second I thought this would have something to do with the Red Pyramid from Silent Hill sad.gif

I personally think the Red Pyramid is better than Percy Jackson- no 0ffense intended. I own all the PJ&O books, but I don't have the Red Pyramid. Me, I find it really cool because it incorporates more information about Egypt into the book. And the tape recorder thing was cool. =)

I agree Jello, but the books could have used a little less talking and more happening.

I think Rick Riordian or his kids should write a sequel to the series about like, say, the Mist somehow failing and stuff, cuz the book didn't really explain everything about the Mist.

I think Rick Riordian or his kids should write a sequel to the series about like, say, the Mist somehow failing and stuff, cuz the book didn't really explain everything about the Mist.

The Red Pyramid is only the first in the series wink.gif There is going to be at least 2 more books for this series, as mentioned on his website.

I personally liked the series and I look forward to reading the other books. Egyptian mythology isn't something I'm too familiar with and I think the books are a good way to learn a bit about them. Definitely made me want to learn about it.

That book was really interesting to me (but all books are interesting, so no surprise there.) The story line ... eh, if TRP had come before PJatO, then it would've been totally original. What really interested me was there was an emphasis on "the Egyptians weren't stupid enough to believe in false gods" which made me do a double-take for a minute.

Meh...didn't like it that much. It really did feel like a re-hashing of Percy Jackson, and while well written, I can't help but feel the author should try his hand at something new.

Something which did annoy me (and bothered me a bit in PJatO) was the constant dream sequences. So much of the information and exposition came from them, I started to feel it was a cop-out.

I'm really enjoying the book right now. The only thing I'd like to see would be a little more explanation on magic specialties. Although, I'm assuming there'll be more information on that in the upcoming books.

Haha, I saw this at the library with Riordan's name on it, and I was like, "OMG!!! The next Percy Jackson book!!! I MUST GET!!!" And when I got home, I started reading and I was all like, "Where's Percy? Did he DIE?!?!" And when I looked at the back cover (something I rarely do) I saw something about Egypt and went, "Oh." Bummer. But it was a good book anyways. The only thing was that they should've included more stuff about Egypt in it, like foods and whatever.

Haha, I saw this at the library with Riordan's name on it, and I was like, "OMG!!! The next Percy Jackson book!!! I MUST GET!!!" And when I got home, I started reading and I was all like, "Where's Percy? Did he DIE?!?!" And when I looked at the back cover (something I rarely do) I saw something about Egypt and went, "Oh." Bummer. But it was a good book anyways. The only thing was that they should've included more stuff about Egypt in it, like foods and whatever.

i just posted something about this for the percy jackson topic. lol. i know!. i seen Rick Riordan and went crazy!. lol

This is another book I've been meaning to pick up. Hmm.. I was expecting it to be only "decent"

Rick Riordan isn't one of the best authors I've seen..

Oh well..

The "first" Percy Jackson Series was worthwhile to read.

I liked this book and thought that it was really interesting to read, especially towards the end. I'd give it a 4 out of 5

i really liked it, but i still think Percy Jackson and the Olympians was better.

I read the first book when it came out. I am in the process of reading The Throne of Fire. I love the books!!

Edit: Stupid B key on my keyboard won't work unless you hit it hard...

Edited by evangeline5432