angelicdragonpuppy

Same-Name Eggs ( Descriptions )

Does giving the same name to different eggs add anything to the game?  

488 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spitfires and Stripes are now both bright marking eggs.

Horses/Ochredrakes/Skywings are all strange markings eggs, as were frills before they were discontinued.

Some think this is what helped drive the frills to extinction--it's easier to dislike something when you take it thinking it's something else, even if what you do get isn't bad.

Thoughts?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

At the same time it makes things more difficult to find a certain egg, it also makes the game more fun in way, because what you'll get is like a surprise. I think it adds more fun. :3

I don't mind it with the Ochres/Skywings/Horses, nor with the Dorsals - it's a lotto of some sorts. I am, however, annoyed that Stripes now share a description, since those were rare to start with, and will now be even harder to catch. x_X

I'm split on the issue.

I like the "Surprise" of seeing what egg I'm going to get, or not get. When you manage to get the one you've been searching for, I for one, feel very accomplished. xd.png

But I also sometimes get annoyed after the 5th egg not being the one you've need to complete your collection. I've been looking for a CB split, and my search just got a whole lot more difficult. X3

I'm kinda for both sides of this. I think having multiple eggs with the same description can help move those eggs off the cave. For example, someone sees the "this egg has brightly colored markings" and grabs it hoping for a CB stripe. As Infinis put it, this adds more intrigue, mystery and fun to the game. At that point the egg is almost really like a mystery egg. You know you will get 1 of 2 eggs but you don't know for sure until you grab it. I have been playing DC for a couple years now and have seen common eggs such as blacks go from being AP blockers to prime trades for metallics because they have become uncommon (with CBs becoming rare.) However, on the other side of this, someone picks up the "brightly colored marking" egg hoping for a stripe and gets the spitfire, 5 hours later they can just drop the egg into AP. Same goes for the Ochres, horse, and skywing eggs. So it all goes to preference and the way each person plays the game. Some people are happy with whatever they get and will keep it, some are looking for a particular egg and may toss it, etc. I don't think this is what caused the Frills to go into extinction, for most people (like me), they had just collected all they wanted of that dragon, therefore that could and will happen to many dragons. So ultimately, I do not see an issue with this untill there are TOO many eggs with the same description. I personally think 3 should be the max of how many breeds have the same egg description.

I hate it. I refuse to pick up strange marking eggs from the cave. There is nothing "fun" about it. When your trying to find something specific it's enough to have to spend time refreshing the cave till you see what you want and actually catch it. Since many strange marking eggs are dumped in the AP I'd rather find them there and actually get what I want without taking a gamble. As for the new stripe/spitfire thing, stripes are so rare anyway, it's going to be nearly impossible to get a CB one now.

I agree that there's nothing "fun" about it. It's like being tricked into getting an egg you don't want.

I don't care for it either. It's not fun, it's frustrating.

On the one hand, you only have to wait for five hours before you can get rid of them if they aren't what you want. And really, if five hours is such a terrible thing to have to wait for in a game, well...

On the other hand, it is incredibly frustrating to see something that was already rare now become that much harder to get. And if people are complaining now, what's going to happen if the Pyrite dragon is released? That one's description looks almost exactly like the gold dragon description.

I believe it adds some suprise, but it was fine with just the strange markings. I prefer it when they are similar, but not exactly the same. Like "This egg is a third the size of other eggs" and "This egg is so tiny you almost didnt see it" or "This egg has brightly colored markings on it." and "This egg has strange markings on it." or "This egg has colored speckles on it. " and "This egg is covered in speckles." Changes that you wouldnt notice if you didnt pay attention. I would like more of those.

The only real issue I have is the 5 hour wait, much too long IMHO. with the number of players now hunting and breeding a shorter wait and/or more egg slots would end most of the complaints.

One to two hours would be plenty and add some cb eggs to the now almost empty AP

If the wait wasn't so long I believe more of us would be willing to take more chances in the description lottery!

I don't particularly like that these eggs have the same descriptions. Like if you want it to be deceiving or whatever, then at least do something a little different so that the egg description is only extremely similar.

If ~surprise~ is all you want then close your eyes, refresh, and randomly click.

i didnt mind the stripes and spitfires sharing a description at first now that i want more stripe eggs i cant get ahold of 1 as their all spitfires ive found :/

I don't mind the skywings and such sharing the same description, but where there is a vast difference in how common an egg is (such as the spitfire/stripe case) I really don't like it. I wasn't here for the stripe release and thought I could still get some CBs. Now I know I won't be able to get one unless I want to trade or go through hundreds of spitfires.

It doesn't really bother me but then I very rarely hunt for eggs in the cave (I usually hunt the AP).

I'm kind of split on this. While it's true I will often let those "lottery" eggs sit in the cave because I don't want to risk getting stuck with a breed I don't need, at the same time it does add some challenge, so it doesn't really bother me. At the least, it gives me some vampire bite fodder if I end up with an undesired breed (unless it's an ochre of course).

dragonpuck Posted on Jul 13 2010, 12:07 PM

The only real issue I have is the 5 hour wait, much too long IMHO. with the number of players now hunting and breeding a shorter wait and/or more egg slots would end most of the complaints.

One to two hours would be plenty and add some cb eggs to the now almost empty AP

If the wait wasn't so long I believe more of us would be willing to take more chances in the description lottery

I agree!

Edited by Merlot

I do not mind the same descriptions when they actually fit. It drives me crazy that most of the "strange markings" eggs do not have markings, they have A marking, if that, but certainly not plural. A single stripe, like the horse dragon egg has, does not constitute markings, and neither does the single stripe on the ochredrake egg.

At least with the new one the description fits. The only thing I do not like with the new one is that a common and an uncommon share the same description, it will make getting CB stripes extremely frustrating as you are far more likely to get the new common.

I do wish that with new releases though, that for at least a few days you are guaranteed to get the new dragon. I know that at least with the frill release, it wasn't. I remember struggling to get the new dragon, to be so happy to see the getcode page load only to find that it was a skywing, and this was on the first day of the frill release. It happened twice that day and was immensely frustrating. This has probably changed, but if it has not, I would like it to be.

Edited by Nectaris

I don't mind it with the Ochres/Skywings/Horses, nor with the Dorsals - it's a lotto of some sorts. I am, however, annoyed that Stripes now share a description, since those were rare to start with, and will now be even harder to catch. x_X

This :S

Also this.

On the one hand, you only have to wait for five hours before you can get rid of them if they aren't what you want. And really, if five hours is such a terrible thing to have to wait for in a game, well...  ~Serisent

I prefer it when they are similar, but not exactly the same. Like "This egg is a third the size of other eggs" and "This egg is so tiny you almost didnt see it" or "This egg has brightly colored markings on it." and "This egg has strange markings on it." or "This egg has colored speckles on it. " and "This egg is covered in speckles." Changes that you wouldnt notice if you didnt pay attention. I would like more of those.  ~superguy16

I don't mind the skywings and such sharing the same description, but where there is a vast difference in how common an egg is (such as the spitfire/stripe case) I really don't like it. ~Wookieinmashoo

I do not mind the same descriptions when they actually fit. ~Nectaris

These biggrin.gif I don't mind it but there are flaws

I don't like it - it takes the skill out of grabbing the egg that I'm after.

I don't mind at all. I can grab, if they aren't what I'm looking for my DC adventures are over in five minutes and I can go and do something else rather than spend an hour going crosseyed staring at my computer screen. smile.gif