lola92

What do YOU want to do when you grow up?

I want to have a lot of money when I grow up. I attempt to achieve it by becoming a pharmacologist and inventing new types of medication.

Be a landlord. Sit around all day, roll around in rent money and not give a damn.

Which is, actually, already in progress. I'm well on my way to a promising career that will land me more then enough cash to buy out plenty of land after a decade or so of work.

Once that is done, I'll retire and live a life of selfish freedom and laziness.

When I was younger I think I wanted to be everything at one point: actor, doctor, lawyer, gymnast (I'm blaming London Olympics for that one), astronaut and a Youtube for longer than I care to admit :s.

Over the past year or so it's kind of become more stable and has been narrowed down to a speech therapist or maybe an interpreter.

Ever since I was a kid I wanted to get into acting, but I suffer from acute shyness and have stage fright. But, what I would love to do more than anything is become a voice actor. I don't care if its for anime, Disney, Dreamworks, it doesn't matter. It's just something I've always wanted to do.

I can throw my voice really well. I can sound really old, really young, I can imitate dozens of pokemon (at least the original kanto-hoen mostly) I can also sound like a little boy and even a teenage boy if I tried.

My secondary dreams were either photography or working with animals. Like studying wildlife and exploring.

I'd love to become a plastic surgeon! <3 Psychology is also an amazing field.

Or maybe I'll be an opera singer one day.... xd.png

Own lots of land and do whatever the hell I please while some poor saps pay me monthly just to use my property.

Mýeees. *twirls mustache* Actually, that's what's already happening.

Edited by Brotato

My mom wants me to be anything but a writer, sadly, that is what I feel I am called to do.

My mom wants me to be anything but a writer, sadly, that is what I feel I am called to do.

Why not? That's an excellent profession.

Edited by Syiren

For a long time I wanted to be a theatrical makeup artist, but I've started to consider being a midwife or birth doula instead! Leaning towards doula due to the fact that I really don't want to go to med school (or ANY school) for 8-12 years. tongue.gif

When I graduate from my community college I want to get a further education and become a nutritionist.

I want to-- ...wait, I am grown up already. Anyway, either pro graphics designer or landscape architect. Or both, why not.

My plan Bs are something ornithology related, like maybe parrot cognition (I would LOVE that). Honestly I would love to work with a conservation organization, like maybe the Orianne Society, or just be a regular zookeeper. As long as I'm working with exotic animals, I'll be happy.

But my number one goal is definitely to be a marine mammal trainer, and I want to work with cetaceans. My biggest goal is to train killer whales.

*Dives under a desk to avoid hate*

Electronic music. Music has always been a passion of mine.

I'm also into the other arts too, like graphic design, digital art, writing, poetry...

Some day I would like to combine all the three. I have plans. smile.gif

Otherwise I would be a translator/something to do with languages, or a proofreader.

Edited by Anak

Why not? That's an excellent profession.

She says it doesn't pay well, and that unless I have the talent of JK Rowling, I'd be better off doing something "useful, productive, and helpful" for people.

She says it doesn't pay well, and that unless I have the talent of JK Rowling, I'd be better off doing something "useful, productive, and helpful" for people.

There are plenty of writing professions besides being a novelist like JK Rowling :) Keep your mind open, you might find something.

I'm looking into a games career. But it's pretty divided; I'll come to a point where I'll have to decide whether I want to be the developer that codes the games, or the designer that draws the concepts.

Right now I'm learning to code in Python, which is very easy to understand and if you know enough of it you can program games with it. If I decide later on that I want to go through with programming I might learn C# or C++, which are pretty hard to understand unless you've done an easier language first - then all the commands, although gibberish, will make sense.

But then, I might also decide that I don't have the heart for programming - I already get really frustrated when code doesn't work and I can't figure out what's wrong with it. In that case, I would become a concept artist since I love drawing and I would love to be able to come up with characters and environments for games. biggrin.gif

I'd love to become a plastic surgeon! <3 Psychology is also an amazing field.

Or maybe I'll be an opera singer one day.... xd.png

Why not do all three? xd.png You can be a triple threat!

But really, psychology is a great field, and there's so much you can do with it. I got my undergrad in it (with an emphasis on child development) and it's proven to be really handy in my graduate education courses.

As for me, I'm going to be an art teacher for a few years, and then hopefully get certified as an educational diagnostician smile.gif

So, so many things I want to do! Architecture, game development, writer, author, journalist, sheep farmer, I don't even know. Anything, everything! I've got a long way to go for any path and lots of time to decide.

I guess I've already grown up (30 o_O) but I'm working in a big Furniture store. My dream is to be an authour, though.

I'm terribly torn between

1) wanting to go into law and planning my future (college and all that) around law school

2) marine biology, because I am very in love with the subject and, having previously toyed with the idea of going into biological research, am certain that marine biology is the most interesting to me

Ambitious goals, I know :P