Jump to content
Ninetails

What are you allergic to?

Recommended Posts

I have had my nose get all stuffy, my eyes itch and cough and sneeze non stop from my sisters ex-friends guinea pig, and the family cat a few months ago. Not sure if I am allergic? I haven't been around guinea pigs in over a year, and I don't interact with the cat anymore (the cat lives with my sister, 100+ miles away). We have two cats that are kind of "feral" but "tame", I mean like we feed them and play with them. They hang around the outside of our house. I have never had a reaction to them.

Then lately I have noticed when I get water on me and I don't get it off, if it says for more than 5 minutes, I notice small red spots on my hands, red bumps up my arms and sometimes on my stomach too. It sucks, I hate looking at it. Not sure if that is an allergy either, though. Luckly, it doesn't hurt, itch, or anything. It just doesn't look nice.

Edited by Slaptail

Share this post


Link to post

I'm lactose intolerant, only developed 5 years ago. I used to go through 4 pints of milk a week. I still eat cheese and chocolate but I've got to be careful... some just hurt, others make me really ill. I think yorkies are the worst chocolate for me too eat, and tesco's own brand... Cannot stomach milk though, my word...

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm allergic to dust; I didn't know about it until my physician told me that my "summer cold" was an allergy and she told me to take allergy pills to make it go away for a few days. And also, eating pineapples makes my mouth itch, but I love them anyway so I only eat until I can't handle it anymore.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Share this post


Link to post

Short answer? Everything.

 

Long answer? Wheat, onion (leeks, shallots, etc. too), garlic, asparagus, artichoke, eggplant, capsicum, sundried tomatoes, tomato paste, chicory, apple, pear, grapes, cherries, guava, honeydew, lychee, mango, papaya, pawpaw, persimmon, quince, watermelon, avocado, dried fruit, coconut milk/cream, honey, jam, corn, and... cats. But I obviously don't eat those. tongue.gif

 

It makes eating out at restaurants a bit of a pain.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm allergic to cats, although my reaction varies according to the cat's allergen levels. It's still a real pain, especially since I am studying to be a vet... Might need to go and see a specialist and see what can be done.

 

I might also be allergic to some types of dust, I would have to be tested to know for sure but I had weird reactions a few times when some old dust had been stirred around.

Share this post


Link to post

i am asthmatic so dust bothers me and cinnamon power bothers me. i am also slightly lactose intolerant and i have acid reflex too ):

Share this post


Link to post

I am lactose intolerant (runs in the family of my father's side)

 

And I am allergic to some medicine - will get some hives or rash.

Share this post


Link to post

I am allergic to:

Green Bell peppers

Globe Grapes (the kind you peel)

Bermuda grass (Ironically my whole neighbor hood has this grass as front yard.)

Dust

Dog(one but getting a second one)

Cat(owns two cats)

box wood

Kentucky blue

elm tree

 

I just recently got an allergy test done to make sure my migraines are not allergy related. So I have actual medical backing. Science! But I am not deadly allergic to any of these things, At most green peppers burn and Bermuda grass itches.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm allergic to nickel; if I wear a necklace with nickel in it, I get a rash. I'm also allergic to dust/pollen but most people I know have some sort of reaction to those things so it's not really an uncommon allergy. I don't even consider it to be one. Every other person I've met gets sniffly when they inhale a little dust or pollen.

 

Someone else mentioned it and reminded me, I'm allergic to some variations of sunscreen. If I use many of the generic storebought brands, my eyes will swell up very badly - it's horrible because I am extremely pale and very prone to bad sunburning, so I have to use very strong yet gentle sunscreen so my face doesn't puff up -__-

Edited by glamoursea2

Share this post


Link to post
Short answer? Everything.

 

Long answer? Wheat, onion (leeks, shallots, etc. too), garlic, asparagus, artichoke, eggplant, capsicum, sundried tomatoes, tomato paste, chicory, apple, pear, grapes, cherries, guava, honeydew, lychee, mango, papaya, pawpaw, persimmon, quince, watermelon, avocado, dried fruit, coconut milk/cream, honey, jam, corn, and... cats. But I obviously don't eat those. tongue.gif

 

It makes eating out at restaurants a bit of a pain.

Rofl. Well at least you had an excuse for not eating Fruits and Veggies as a kid. =P

Share this post


Link to post

I'm lactose intolerant, only developed 5 years ago. I used to go through 4 pints of milk a week. I still eat cheese and chocolate but I've got to be careful... some just hurt, others make me really ill. I think yorkies are the worst chocolate for me too eat, and tesco's own brand... Cannot stomach milk though, my word...

Same here. I used to constantly drink chocolate milk, but, starting about 10 years ago...it decided that it hates me. I have found that drinking goat's milk is a wonderful way for me to get my calcium without the pain. Of course, I still love ice cream (in moderation,) and although cheese makes me pretty sick, I still love to eat it. I tried taking Lactaid pills, but they made me feel even worse than the actual lactose intolerance.

 

I am also pretty sensitive to smells. Cleaning supplies and some laundry detergents give me instant migraines. When I was a cashier at a certain hardware store, we had stainless steel counters that we were supposed to clean with stainless steel cleaner (obviously tongue.gif) I went home with a migraine every single day, until one week we used a "green" product, and my migraines disappeared. The next week, one of the other girls used the stainless steel cleaner again and the migraine came back instantly. Put two and two together.

 

My skin is also super sensitive, has been since I was a child, and I have to be really careful about making sure that when I wash my hair, I rinse all of it off of my back.

 

I am also allergic to blackfly bites. If I am anywhere up in Northern Ontario, Canada, and get bitten I get pretty big hives.

 

Other than that? I'm okay laugh.gif

Edited by CDM

Share this post


Link to post

excluding nasal allergies....

 

Penacillins, specificially amoxacillin, the only pink "bubblegum flavored" medicine that tased like it claimed!...boy that sucked as a kid lol

 

and alt antibiotics are a pain sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Dad's allergic to antibotics, besides a few types of it.

So I might be allergic to it... but I don't want to find out Cx.

Share this post


Link to post

Bright lights.

 

I know it sounds ridiculous but I start sneezing when it's too bright out.

Share this post


Link to post
Same here. I used to constantly drink chocolate milk, but, starting about 10 years ago...it decided that it hates me. I have found that drinking goat's milk is a wonderful way for me to get my calcium without the pain. Of course, I still love ice cream (in moderation,) and although cheese makes me pretty sick, I still love to eat it. I tried taking Lactaid pills, but they made me feel even worse than the actual lactose intolerance.

Couple years ago I read somewhere that over two thirds of people become lactose intolerant once they grow up.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm mildly allergic to any Dove soaps or products. My skin breaks out and itches really bad when I use Dove soap. When I was a kid I never could play in a bubble bath because just about every type of bubble bath product broke my skin out. sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Couple years ago I read somewhere that over two thirds of people become lactose intolerant once they grow up.

Most babies can't drink milk either due to the fact it's not made for human babies. (made for calfs of course hehe). My mother told me I had to drink soy milk. o.o

Share this post


Link to post

oh man I'm allergic to mold, dust, pine tree sap and sent, a bunch of drugs like Morphine and Pennicillian to name a couple, I am highly allergic to sents and dyes found in perfumes and laundry soaps and house hold cleaners, I can not touch anything that is pink such as pink soap liquid or solid.

 

The worst part of all my allergies is old ladies!!! I am allergic to old ladies who ware all that perfume, the moment i enter a room my lips start to tingle and dry up and then if i dont get away fast the dizzy feeling hits me and I know I have just moments before I pass out

 

I have passsed out in perfume departments from having to wait too long for the person behind the counter to stop yapping at their friend or what ever lol I actually have a pass direct to the Managers office for when I need to buy anything from the perfume and make up department at Yonkers lol

 

Embarrassing yes especially when I have to run away from Old ladieis and cant even stop to tell them im not being rude you just stink lol

Share this post


Link to post

I'm allergic to dish soap and particular detergents in their liquid form. I also have a mild allergy to shellfish and crustaceans, but I eat it anyways 'cause I'm a fiend for seafood

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.