Ninetails

What are you allergic to?

I vaguely remember being allergic to strawberries as a little kid, but now I eat them all the time with no problem. o_O Apparently allergies can go away over time, which is kind of neat.

I was temporarily allergic to shellfish, but apparently I got over it...

I have a small allergy to cats, but it doesn't stop me from having one :33

I'm also allergic to pretty much every kind of tree, grass, weed or pollen in existence. T_T Spring is my least favorite season.

Bees, Yellow Jackets, Wasps, and all those similar type insects. In 2009, I got attacked by multiple Yellow Jackets three times. Last year, I got stung by a bunch of wasps. I'm hoping I make it through this summer without a similar incident.

I think I may be a biy allergic to bananas lol I used to eat them all the time, but now every time I eat them the inside of my mouth, lips, and throat burn, tingle, and just feel weird overall. I've never actually swelled up though, so I don't know if I'm actually allergic or not.

I think I may be a biy allergic to bananas lol I used to eat them all the time, but now every time I eat them the inside of my mouth, lips, and throat burn, tingle, and just feel weird overall. I've never actually swelled up though, so I don't know if I'm actually allergic or not.

That pretty much sounds like an allergy. You need to tell your doctor because an allergy to bananas can also mean you are allergic to latex (rubber) and that is something any medical provider needs to know.

Huh... Just about every bit of pollen existent. Dust. Eh... Watermelon kind of and bananas sort of too. I prefer not to eat them anyways.

I haven't shown any signs of allergies to latex, however.

When I lived in California, I would have this terrible allergy to...something. :/

I don't even know what it was. Probably some kind of pollen or something in the air. I would sneeze constantly, my eyes would get puffy...made me miserable for the whole time I lived there. As soon as I moved here, it went away. :3

Unfortunately, I'm also allergic to cats. Pretty badly, too. The strange thing is, my friend's cat in California I never had any problems with. Don't ask me what kind of cat, because I have no idea.

Also very slightly allergic to dogs. I have 2 of them, so my eyes get a little itchy sometimes and there is occasional sneezing. I think I'm getting over it, actually. ^^

I just found out a few weeks back that I'm allergic to marijuana. No, I was not doing anything illegal to discover this.

So yeah, being at one of the top party schools will suck.

Is that a full allergic reaction (eg, throat swelling, hives kinda thing) or just light-headedness and nausea from the smell? Because at least your life won't be in danger (unpleasant, but not in danger) if it's just the latter.

Incidently the light-headedness from the smell can just be due to low blood pressure. I thought for the longest time that I was allergic to the stuff (passing out when other people were near me smoking it kinda thing) and that all cleared up as soon as I got my blood pressure sorted out.

I'm allergic to pennecilian (sp)- it makes me get red spots that join together until my whole body turns red. Good times. laugh.gif

And maybe milk, a tiny bit. It makes my stomach go rumbly when I drink it.

Edited by Ruins

It's not a big deal, but I have a moderate skin allergy to nickel. With rings, I can usually put clear nail polish on them, and I'm good to go. Necklaces, bracelets, and earrings aren't so easy, and they make me break out in a rash. I hate when they have earrings that say they're hypo-allergenic, but when I look on the back it says 5% nickel. Even that 5% is enough to make me break out sad.gif

I'm the same as rainbowsmile, just a little worse. Within the first hour of wearing anything with nickel I start itching and the spot the nickel's touching starts swelling and breaking out in a rash. And I totally agree with the annoyance with mis-labelled jewellry. I can't wear any of the cute little earrings/necklaces and such that are cheap because most of them are mis-labelled. Also, belts. The buckles are bad enough that I have a permanent scar under my belly-button from my favorite belt (the clear nail polish kept wearing/rubbing off >.<). It's made me partial to a minimal jewellry look because I can't afford to go buy a bunch of good jewellry.

I have noticed that most of the Claire's hypo-allergenic stuff takes a while to make me itch though, so if you're in the US and have a mall with one of those shops in it you might be able to find some stuff smile.gif I've had one pair of halloween earrings from there for a couple years and it only started getting annoying this past halloween.

On a side note, for some you with pollen allergies, you could try taking a teaspoon of local honey (either straight or in teas) to help with that pre-allergy season. The trace amounts of pollen that the bees have carried into the honey will help build an immunity. (*disclaimer: I am not a doctor and this is not technically medical advice; if you are severely allergic to anything I seriously suggest talking to a licensed medical practitioner about any allergy relief methods */disclaimer) <3

I wasn't really allergic to anything until LATER in life... rolleyes.gif

Right now my allergies include birds, cats, insects and insect parts like dust mites or fish foods containing insects, eggs, nickle, and some tree pollen.

The insect thing is kinda cool cause I can make people think I have pink eye by rubbing a bit on my hands and than touching near my eye and it can get me out of pretty much anything. Its annoyingly irritated, red, and watery for maybe 2-3 hours and than all back to normal to enjoy myself, hehehe.

Eggs cause me to react with itching and swelling which means many desserts with creamy fillings that contain eggs is a no go, also most shots are no go's. Goodbye flu shot!

Nickle causes rashes and gave me a nasty infection when i tried having pierced ears when i was younger.

I'm more allergic to birds than cats and I get maybe 20mins in a pet store with birds before I have to high tail out. Cats I react to on the scratch test but I own three and dont react to any of them so I don't know how that works...

I used to be allergic to bananas when I was a kid but now I can eat them without any problem.

I'm allergic to dogs even though I love them. Pollen and dust just mess my head up.

Allergies: One of us is allergic to chocolate. If the body is in water too long, it breaks out in hives.

Intolerances: Ignorance, strong perfume/smells, fake strawberry taste (it's all medicine to me), -isms (like racism, ableism, etc.).

Dislikes: Too many to count.

stupid people.

but, um, really? nothing, i believe. except probably some incredibly obscure thing that nobody ever bothers to check for!

but really. i'm allergic to stupid people. and stupid questions. and stupidity in general.

edit because i can type.

Edited by Xyzaq

i'm allergic to animals, mostly ones that have short hair...or dander.

kind of a weird story: i have my cat, who has short hair and when i first got her, i was deathly allergic to her (watery eyes, sneezing, running nose, you name it). though over time, since her and i are mostly always together when i am home, i've actually developed an immunity to her. i'm not sure how or if that's even possible, but i can literally put my face on her fur when i hug her and i get absolutely no reaction. i think that's cool.

but anyways, yeah. i have some intolerance to apples and milk sometimes, they really bother my stomach. not sure why, either.

I'm allergic to pollen and Kiwis (the fruit, not the bird).

And there lots of foods I can't eat too much of.

And synthetics make my skin itch.

Oh, and I can't take normal painkillers. They make me sick.

Oh, and I forgot to mention I'm allergic to celery, asperin (along with most painkillers. They kill meeeee...) so I pretty much live on bananas, fish fingers and custurd.

*runs away laughing hysterically*

Well im not sure if im allergic or not though, but whenever i eat any raw/uncooked veggies, my throught itches like crazy. My parents say its not an allergy, but i disagree. Also cooked veggies dont give me an itch though.