Ninetails

What are you allergic to?

I'm allergic to pears. I don't mind, considering that I thought they tasted bad the first time I tried one, but it gets quite annoying because nobody ever believes me. It's not like being allergic to peanut butter; it's much less common. I consider myself lucky, since pears aren't the most popular of fruits. I do get a sore throat when I drink certain flavours of Kool-Aid (yes, juice pouches and juice boxes are still cool to me) because of the concentrate pear juice contained in many of them.

I'm allergic to grass pollen, pollen in general actually, sawdust/wood dust and sulfur-based antibiotics. I also suffer from chronic rhinitis (all year round hayfever).

...SUGAR?!

I don't think it'd qualify as an allergy exactly, but I do get a reaction when I eat anything that has too much of the sweet stuff. I only have to get a liiittle sugar before my stomach becomes upset and my throat feels weird-ish (I dunno how to describe it, it just feels strange).

The sugar has the effect of making me feel listless and tired immediately (as opposed to the energy people are supposed to get from it), and I get gas. :(

user posted image

^ That ^

Edited by Ælex

Fish and pollen. Eating fish kills me, and staying in a room where fish is being cooked/has recently been cooked will cause me to get all stuffed, dizzy and feverish. Pollen just makes my eyes itch and some mild flu-like symptoms with dizziness/feverishness when worst.

I used to be allergic to pretty much everything, but I grew out of it - egg and mustard to name some.

I'm also allergic to dogs, cats, horses, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, hay... but, even despite that, I own five rats, a cat and wait to get a puppy. I refuse to let allergies prevent me from gathering a fuzzy wall of love around me.

Basic allergies include dust, pollen, dander, dust mites, etc. and affect me greatly during the Spring.

Severe allergies include sesame (any form) and avocados.

While my basic allergies clear up with a dose of medication, the others require hospitalization :T

In the springtime, the pollen almost kills me. Nothing really helps other than a pack of halls a day so i can at least breathe. This year is going to be fun. My brother is allergic to raspberries but I doubt it. I think he just had the pollen allergy and the pie at the same time. Who knows...

Mice, Bunnies, Rats. Basically all rodents. Which is sad because I love them all. xc

I remember these people came into my work one day and they smelled like they just got done rolling around with a million rabbits. I instantly started itching and sneezing. I had to run in the back and have someone buy me some allergy meds real quick. It was horrible.

Usually, I'm not that bad though. I used to have a hairless rat that I could handle, just not very long.

Also, I can't remember whether it was cedar or pine wood shavings I was allergic to. Pretty sure it was pine though.

Ummm... I think that's it...?

Edited by tikigurl91

Also, I can't remember whether it was cedar or pine wood shavings I was allergic to. Pretty sure it was pine though.

So wait, are you allergic to the rodents themselves, or the bedding that comes with them, or both? You really shouldn't use pine shavings with rodents anyways, and I am not sure about cedar, but there are other beddings available.

So wait, are you allergic to the rodents themselves, or the bedding that comes with them, or both?  You really shouldn't use pine shavings with rodents anyways, and I am not sure about cedar, but there are other beddings available.

Both.

I figured out I was allergic to the wood shavings many many years ago when we first got rats and did use wood shavings. But then we learned that they weren't good for them and started using different beddings, and we hoped that it was just the shavings I was allergic to but it turned out to be both.

I'm not extremely allergic to rodents, just to the point where if I hold them for long periods of times I get itchy and start sneezing. I'm more allergic to the wood shavings. If I'm around that my eyes get real puffy and watery and I can barely breath.

I'm allergic to various pollens. Ragweed is bad news for me and I can't mow the lawn or anything because the grass makes my eyes burn. I'm not sure what all is around my house (we live around a wooded area) but I'm having the worst allergies I've ever had.

Aside from that, I am allergic to the antibiotic, Septra. Break out in serious hives. sad.gif

Nickel.

I have to wear titanium earrings.

...And everyone connects that with Wolverine... Annoying...

Edit- Page topper! Woo!

Edited by qwe1100

The only thing I know that I'm allergic to is pollen. I get hayfever. But then I've never been bitten or stung by some sort of bug, so yeah.

Penicillin. And I've also developed hayfever since I turned 20.

Why do people associate titanium with Wolverine? His skeleton/claws are adamantium...

Anyways, I'm allergic to ragweed pollen. Oddly I am not, however, allergic to chamomile which is in the ragweed family. Excellent, since I am a fan of chamomile tea.

No food allergies or intolerences that I know of, thankfully.

This plant... I should have probebly remembered what it looks like... xd.png It makes me get all itchy. (it's not poison oak/ivy)

I think... nothing?

Well, maybe one medication which I don't need (Paralen), and silver earrings which I manage to avoid, but that's pretty much all. rolleyes.gif

I'm allergic to nickel. It gives me a terrible rash, so I have to be careful with the jewelry I wear, though I don't wear jewelry much anyway.

Apparently as a baby was "allergic" to.................................... cows milk. Im not anymore, but Im Lactose Intolerant.

Edited by Froggu_master