Ninetails

What are you allergic to?

Pollen and wheat.

I really, really miss grilled cheese sandwiches.

Pollen and wheat.

I really, really miss grilled cheese sandwiches.

A wheat allergy or Gluten allergy? Cause they sell gluten free breads.

bee stings, and recently i had something of a reaction from a wasp too ._.

A wheat allergy or Gluten allergy? Cause they sell gluten free breads.

Mine's mostly just wheat, but for my mom it's gluten.

Gluten free bread is terrible. xd.png

I think they put something in the chocolate milk I drink.

I have a weird milk allergy that makes this nasty film stuff build up in my mouth and throat so I can't taste or swallow properly...plus I'll have a coughing problem for a day or two.

Orange juice gives me a similar reaction.

Pollen, certain kinds of smoke, and mold spores give me horrid migraines and nausea

Honey, which burns down to some pollen allergies, poplar seeds, eggs, fish. Used to have rash from milk and Coke, but I manually desensitized myself by regularly consuming those at a moderate amount.

Oh, and cold. That's a new allergy for me, didn't have it until... this year?

Edited by lightbird

I have been free from allergies all my life, except nickel which makes me itch. But lately I have noticed that red tomato is making my mouth hurt. I heard from my neighbour that I could try to eat yellow tomatoes instead, because they aren't so "strong", and she was right. Still, it makes my mouth feel funny, but not so bad what the red does.

I'm so happy that I haven't got anything else. I would probably die from sorrow if I couldn't pet cats and eat chocolate.

Are you directing this to anyone in particular?

Nope, just a general reminder. Quite a few people do call their intolerances an allergy, and there is a difference between them. And the 'stupidty' remark was a small witticism as opposed to an actual allergy/intolerance.

Latex

Are you also allergic to kiwi?

Edited by Kestra15

I'm really not too aware of the difference between intolerance and allergy. Guess I'll look it up. Fairly certain all mine are allergies though.

Pollen, mold, mangos (from my mom's side of the family), and they say corn, but I can still eat it without any problems.

I'm really not too aware of the difference between intolerance and allergy. Guess I'll look it up. Fairly certain all mine are allergies though.

Using food here, as it is usually food/drug intolerances that get mistaken for allergies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_intolerance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_allergy

The fast and loose difference is a food intolerance only makes you unwell (so D&V, nausea, stomach pains) whereas an allergy will give you the allergic reaction we all know and love (the swelling, severe sickness in the short-term, rashes, breathing difficulties, etc).

However the symptoms can and do overlap, so it is hard to tell the difference unless you're well-versed or been tested.

Edited by Kestra15

I also have an 'allergy to the sun', as the photic sneeze reflex is called sometimes. :b I get out in the sun, it hits my eyes weird and I sneeze. Lul.

Hmmm, I never realized it had a name. I have that trouble too.

I'm lactose intolerant, and I have a spice allergy that causes me a lot of discomfort. I won't go into the details on that.

I am allergic to Amoxicillin, Bactrim, Zotex, Oxycodone, Hydrocode, and cats.

The cat allergy is pretty annoying, since he lives in my bedroom and sleeps on my head.

Luckily, it is not life threatening, well except when he tries to smother me by sleeping on my face.

With all the product recalls lately, I have stocked up on Benedryl, as that is one thing I would never want to run short on.

Elastoplas and several artificial food colourings.

It's so weird since certain chocolate milk doesn't make me feel horrible, but then a certain brand does. What ingredient could cause that?

I used to be allergic to cockroach corpses. Not the live ones, they had to be dead. :/

Thankfully I grew out of it.

I've never even heard of this....and how did you find this out?

Oh and I'm allergic to rodents 3:

but I love love loveeeee rats and chinchillas and the like u-u I absolutely despise hamsters though, plus those are the ones I react the worst to. ): Was over at my friends and was petting her hamster when first it nipped my knuckle and when I rubbed my eye from an itch about 20 minutes later it's completely swollen shut. ;-;

Effin' hammies... o-e

I wasn't allergic to anything at first. But last year my eyes started to water and I got a stuffy nose. First I thought I had pink eyes. But we went to the docter and he said I was allergic to some kind of pollen. He didn't give any medication. The next morning I still wasn't better, and I had to write my English exam! I wrote it in the office and and went to the docter again, he gave the medication

My mom won't let them do the test to see what type of flower it is.

I used to be allergic to shrimp. I once smelled some shrimp and I got this horrible rash. I've grown out of it though.

I was one of the few kids who actually played outside a good deal, and grew up with animals of all kinds, so I don't have any allergies to pets, pollen, or such.

I'm one of the lucky ones in that I don't even react to poison ivy!

Allergic to nickel (Not that I wear jewelry much anyways) and penicillin (antibiotic)....hmm.... that's all that I know of for true allergies.

Sensitive to smoke or dust, but that's just a normal reaction of someone who isn't used to being around heavy amounts of either.

Having been vegetarian for the last decade I have a food intolerance to animal proteins of any sort (lack proper enzymes for it now) so even dairy/eggs I need to take in moderation.