tazgal123

Discontinued Dragons

I would say Frills. They were, and still are one of my favorite dragons. Which is weird, the others are blacks, vamps, and Black Marrows.

I never even heard they were going to be stopped until they were. I had been grabbing them simply because I liked them. Even breeding my own.

I would like the Bright Pinks back. I never got one of them and they are one of my favorite breeds. The Frills are also lovely and i'm glad i could get so many of them before they were discontinued. But actually i would like them both back becouse they are beautiful dragon breeds.

bright pink. the sprite is so cute, i love it. i think those would be excellent for lineage projects too.

i have a bunch of the new pinks but i love the er... brightness of the bright pink and the offset of the blue eyes smile.gif

Frills. I didn't know they were discontinued until a friend of mine told me. I loved those dragons, still do...

I definitely cast my yes vote for a memorial/nostalgia day for the Bright Pinks and the Frills... One day of drops for both would be awesome.. I definitely want a pair of each for my scroll since i have none. I understand the reasoning behind their retirements, but i hope that the artists would consider the memorial/nostalgia day concept. I agree that the sprites are beautiful!

How could I choose? They're both amazing. <3

It's just so sad they had to be discontinued, for old members and newbies as well. </3

Edited by aquamarine__

I only got a single frill before I left on a year-long hiatus. Now I wish I had gotten more, especially in the days when they were cave-blockers. :'(

Plus, I didn't even manage to raise an adult old pink >.< I only have a pathetic little frozen hatchling. I like the bright pink color so much more than the current pink too. *sigh*

Lesson learned, peeps: Collect the commons that you can, in case they get discontinued too

I was lucky to get one of each of them before they got discontinued. I love the bright pinks and wish I had not been such a newbie when joining! I just feel lucky to have the ones I have though

I would bring back the frills, so I could get male/female/ungendered hatchies. after that, I would be happy.

Only ever got one Frill. And he was my first dragon ever to hatch.

If I'd had to choose though, I'd want the BP back, just because I don't have any.

I respect the wishes of the spriters wanting to discontinue them, but I really miss Bright Pinks. I have four of both BP's and Frills, and I suppose I have what I want, but I kinda wish I could reverse the growth of one of my pinks to get one of those sweet looking hatchlings.

Eh, I don't like the Frilled sprite as much as I like the Bright Pinks, so I would say BP. I DO like the Frilled sprite...just not as much.

I would love to see BOTH back... But if I had to choose one, I would say Frilled, their sprite is really, really gorgeous and really western-ish draconic like.

Wish I could get either discontinued breed, but I don't expect anyone was thinking about future players when they were discontinued. No, too busy being butthurt or whatever to consider that maybe, just maybe, people who started to play later might actually want one...

Wish I could get either discontinued breed, but I don't expect anyone was thinking about future players when they were discontinued. No, too busy being butthurt or whatever to consider that maybe, just maybe, people who started to play later might actually want one...

That's a little rude, don't you think? If you were around when they were discontinued, you know the reasons they were, and the spriters had every right to do so after so much drama (especially with the Frills). No one has the right to get every single dragon ever, but the spriters *do* have the right to pull their artwork.

I miss the Frills. I have a small group of them, but not as many as I would have liked, and I find they breed well with my picky stripes, which is another reason I would want more of them if I could.

Chill. In the case of the bright pink, the spriter simply disliked his own past work. He came up with the newer BSA pinks, and the original plan was to replace the sprites (adding males the same way male purples were added). We convinced him to leave the existing pinks alone, because we liked them. There was a compromise. There was a transition. Bright pinks were no longer dropped in the cave, they only produced a few bright pink eggs among all the new pink eggs, and eventually there simply were no new ones. Every dragcave artist has control over their own work. The spriter did not want to leave bright pinks in existence, he wanted to change the sprite. We convinced him otherwise.

In the case of the frills, you gotta admit that the spriter got what he wanted-- people appreciate them now!

You stop being "butthurt." Yes, you joined too late for the frills and BPs. You also joined too late to get a lot of CB holidays. It's part of the game. If you don't accept that, find a different game or go make your own. It's people who are as whiny and inconsiderate as you who make this one less fun... and to be perfectly frank, who caused the frill spriter to get so upset that he discontinued those dragons.

Get over yourself.

I would love to see BOTH back... But if I had to choose one, I would say Frilled, their sprite is really, really gorgeous and really western-ish draconic like.

This. smile.gif

I'd want the Frills back. I was soooo miffed when they were pulled because they got pulled before their supposed pull date and I wasn't able to complete my sprite wishlist beyond what I already had. I still needed a male, a S2 f hatchie, and an ungendered hatchie. Although extremely grateful for what I have that just irritated me a ton. The frill was one of my first 4 eggs and one of only a handful I went through the effort to describe. I even called her the matriarch of my scroll and this was well before they were pulled.

With BP I never had the chance to collect one but the fact they are essentially the same breed as the current pink that can still produce more pinks lessens the desire to get one cause I think of them more as alts and because as an artist I can respect the desire of the artist to want to improve their art if they believe they can do better and it no longer represents their skills, Frills on the other hand are a whole different species from anything else in the cave.

I just found that whole Frill fiasco eyeroll worthy

Plus I like the idea of discontinued dragons in general. Lots of adoptable sites have some adoptables that were a limited time only and can never be gotten again, and that's okay. Maybe that's just me talking because I have CBs of both breeds, but there isn't really an inherent problem in having discontinued breeds imo.

I actually loathe this idea. Part of the reason I enjoy this game so much is that I can take a break from playing it for weeks to months at a time, come back, and pick back up right where I left off without feeling like I missed something I'll never get again. I don't need a bunch of retired or limited edition sprites on my scroll to make it more special or better than a newbies somehow. I don't understand this concept and would hate for DC to make more moves like this that would put beginners to the site at more of a disadvantage to scroll completion than they already are. I don't want to punish newbies in anyway.

I think holidays and the fact that you can only get them once a year is enough of a challenge because at least it can still be obtainable.

Edited by Disturbedchic

I love Frills and Old Pinks! I was so bumed when I saw they were no longer available. I am soo jealous of anyone who has one. That's why I would have asked for a Frill as opposed to a CB Tinsel if I had won the tree decorating contest last Christmas.

In the case of the frills, you gotta admit that the spriter got what he wanted-- people appreciate them now!

You stop being "butthurt."  Yes, you joined too late for the frills and BPs.  You also joined too late to get a lot of CB holidays.  It's part of the game.  If you don't accept that, find a different game or go make your own.  It's people who are as whiny and inconsiderate as you who make this one less fun... and to be perfectly frank, who caused the frill spriter to get so upset that he discontinued those dragons.

Get over yourself.

Yes, I remember when the Frills came out, there were so many people saying how ugly they were. Personally, I liked them, but like many other commons I took them for granted. I wish I'd picked up more when they were around. The hatchie sprite is one of the top ten cutest, in my opinion. Also, I like the 'screaming greens', both Frills and Pebbles.

In my opinion, the shame is that we didn't make the spriter feel like we loved their dragon. We tend to take the artwork for granted around here, but the spriters have my eternal respect and gratitude - even the ones who sprite dragons that haven't been used yet. It was a bit different in the case of the Old Pinks, but I can still understand the artist's perspective. I'm a writer, but I'd hate to see some of my old stuff (especially works I'm not happy with) being used against my wishes. TJ understands that the trick to having good spriters is to keep them happy and feeling valued, and kudos to him for standing up to the users and respecting the artists' intellectual property.

Of course, I was sad to see them go, and wish I'd picked up more of both. Here's the lesson, folks: take commons! You never know what's going to happen in the future! smile.gif