tazgal123

Discontinued Dragons

They were overbred? huh.gif

But doesn't that make a species more rare and valuable? *is thinking of blacks*

...Makes me wonder as well; did TJ talk to the spriter of the Frills and get permission for them to be a consolation prize? Because they were. And bright pinks weren't. Granted, bright pinks were revamped instead of the species being flat-out pulled AFAIK.

No, it means they flooded the AP constantly are were considered really common and everyone dumped them sad.gifsad.gif

Yes, TJ got permission to offer them as a HM prize in the tree contest.

I personally don't want Frills to be back. I didn't and still don't understand why they were pulled, because I never saw anyone bashing the SPRITE, which was the alleged reason they were pulled. I only saw people lamenting the fact that they had an identical description as other dragons, and hence people would get a frill when they wanted a horse/skywing/ochre.

Lyth wanted them pulled, they should stay pulled. If she couldn't get past the few negative comments, even when so many people said they didn't want Frills to go...

Her wishes.

Ah, that's sad. sad.gif But if that's what she wanted, then there's nothing to be done.

I'll be content enough with seeing frills in lineages. tongue.gif

As you all know Pinks and FRILLS (MY FAVORITE BREED!!!!) are discontiued. This topic is dedicated to honoring lost breeds.

PLUS: If you could bring back one of those lost breeds which one would you pick?

Back on topic please.

What ever happened to Lyth D:.

I remember I had caught a frill from the cave when it was announced they'd be discontinued. It was my first one. Now, I couldn't regret it more. I tossed it for an unlocked scroll ToT

I would bring back the bright pinks, only because I wasn't able to get one.

While I was sad to see the frills had gone, and I wished I got a frozen PB hatchie that gendered, to complete my collection of them, I understand why that species was pulled.

I have no idea about the bright pinks. Probably because I wasn't here when they were being pulled.

I have 5 Frills, and i love them so much. One is CB

But i would bring back the BP because i joined one or two weeks after they were discontinued, and i feel so bad i didnt join earlier...

I have an adult and a s2 frozen bright pink. Not CB but I like them.

Then there are my three frills (one CB).

I like both breeds, but if I could bring one back it would be the frills since I need more and the hatchies are so cute!

I wouldn't bring back either. They were discontinued for a reason, let's honor that reason. Plus I like the idea of discontinued dragons in general. Lots of adoptable sites have some adoptables that were a limited time only and can never be gotten again, and that's okay. Maybe that's just me talking because I have CBs of both breeds, but there isn't really an inherent problem in having discontinued breeds imo.

I have quite a few Bright Pinks. And they were my favorite sprite (until Day Dream, female Storm, V-Day '09 came along). I would bring back the Bright Pinks. Would love more of the adults. :3 The Frills - they're not my favorites, but they don't deserve the bashing they received.

Back when I first joined there were Frilled eggs frequently in the AP, and Bright Pinks were not that hard to come by. But I never got any. Why? Because I was only interested in fancy looking eggs back then.

*bangs head on desk*

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Frills. Sigh. They were beautiful dragons, but not all thought so. Hency why they were so common. Ah well, they'll always live on in memory. [This sounds like a funeral xd.png]

Bright Pinks. They were sort of uncommon, since there were rumors going around it would be discontinued, and everyone was grabbing them. I regret not getting more. Even though they were the same hatchie sprite as the red, I think these were way more cuter and adorable. Ah well, too late. Dx

Bright Pinks. I never got to have one and I like pink more as a color than green. I think there needs to be more pink dragons in general xd.png

I have two CB Frills, which is enough for me. But I only have one CB Bright Pink (it has an awesome code though: LILY). So I would choose to bring back the Bright Pinks. But I'd rather not bring them back as in released in the cave, I like the idea of a day/week every year when BPs and Frills can breed their own kind.

If Frills are brought back as an uncommon breed, it would be nice. They're pretty, but the horrifying population of them in both the cave and AP are scaring people from taking them.

I have a small gang of 6 Frills, I rarely breed them before discontinuation, because it was a kind of contributing to the Frill wall problem.

*Tips fedora in respect*

I do wish both would be brought back... The frills put back as uncommons and the bright pinks returned as, perhaps, an alternate version to the 'new' pinks, as is with alternate black and vine dragons. I only ever had one pink dragon (named Iduna - she was one of my first dragons ^^ ), but I still want a frozen hatchling.

And of course, my adult and frozen hatchling frills are some of my favorites as well.

I joined DC when both were still pretty common. I took a break for a few months, and when I came back they were gone. Although I respect the spriters' decision to have them removed from the cave, I would like to bring them back at least one day a year. That way, people can complete their scrolls.

Though I never actually saw a Frill or Bright Pink in the cave or AP...I kinda feel bad for what happened. It makes me think that the Frills went extinct.

I find this kind of funny.I remember at the time of frills filling the AP thinking,"God,another Frill?Give me a break."Now we are all moaning because we thought they were always going to be there.I think we should take this as an example,and quit complaining about common eggs in general.I like to think about getting many of these common eggs before they too become uncommon,or even discontinued.

Same thing happened with Blacks,I can't believe I didn't get a black when they were common,especially CB ones.

I only have three Frills that I love very much,and regret never being able to snag a Bright Pink.I do,however,think we may regret the return of the Frills/Bright Pink because they would need to "Catch up" on ratios,considering the fact they were commons to begin with.The return of Frills would be the return of blocked caves and many,many abandoned Frills who would end up "Dying" anyway.

I would,however enjoy a brief return.biggrin.gif

However,I respect the Spriter's wish to withdraw,even though I wish for them to come back.biggrin.gif