tazgal123

Discontinued Dragons

I joined too late. they both were discontinued.

I'd be extremely happy if we had a chance of getting Frills and Old Pinks on kinda memorial day, but I think TJ will not do it sad.gif

of these two I'd love to have an Old Pink more. they are of my favourite pinky-fuchsia colour, they're so lovely! Frills' sprites are more gorgeous perhaps, but I'm crazy about Old Pinks' colour xd.png

I have 2 frills and 3 Bright Pinks...all non-CB, I wish I had gotten them CB.

Bright Pinks are the ones I would want back, I keep thinking we should have a Retro Day...something like.

"You finally decide to go deeper into the cave, and behold you find eggs you had not seen in awhile."

Like for one weekend...thats it, allow people to get some frills and bring pinks...

Probably not a good idea. Retired dragons are retired for a reason.

Although I do miss them. sad.gif

I have 2 frills and 3 Bright Pinks...all non-CB, I wish I had gotten them CB.

Bright Pinks are the ones I would want back, I keep thinking we should have a Retro Day...something like.

"You finally decide to go deeper into the cave, and behold you find eggs you had not seen in awhile."

Like for one weekend...thats it, allow people to get some frills and bring pinks...

That would be sweet! I second this, if only to get my hands on some old sprite pinks biggrin.gif Id love to have a couple dozen of them.. *is a total hoarder*

Like others, I thought it was bit odd that Frills were discontinued. When it happened, it didn't seem like they were around for very long. Thus, getting rid of them after...what was it? A few months to a year?

Anyway, it just struck me as odd that they retired a dragon species that I felt was fairly new.

The Bright Pinks being retired? That I could understand, since the design was a bit outdated, and we got a very similar species in the current Pink dragon to replace them. But there seemed to be no point to getting rid of the Frills. I mean, did the sprite artist give a reason why they wanted the dragon species removed? Because if they did, I never saw their explanation.

When I learned that Frills even had a chance of retiring I started hoarding them. Hence the huge collection. I wasn't around for the Bright Pinks, sadface.

@Data Girl: A bit of drama and such set off the decision. People were annoyed that Frills were clogging the AP and had a shared description, and things escalated from there.

Like others, I thought it was bit odd that Frills were discontinued. When it happened, it didn't seem like they were around for very long. Thus, getting rid of them after...what was it? A few months to a year?

Anyway, it just struck me as odd that they retired a dragon species that I felt was fairly new.

The Bright Pinks being retired? That I could understand, since the design was a bit outdated, and we got a very similar species in the current Pink dragon to replace them. But there seemed to be no point to getting rid of the Frills. I mean, did the sprite artist give a reason why they wanted the dragon species removed? Because if they did, I never saw their explanation.

there was quite a bit of drama surrounding people "putting down" the frills' artwork and lyth taking it personally, and requesting that tj stop dropping them.

I loved both breeds, and I understand both of the artists anger because they were being put down. I am thankful that I have both species on my scroll but the moral of the story, is to never complain about how common a dragon is. Personally I would bring back the frill, though it will never happen, I actually loved their orange and green design.

Frills look like a certain type of animal... an iguana?

user posted image

^like a chameleon

Not really sure, BUT I know it was a sore topic...so we should NEVER speak of it again.

I really wish I had a CB of both...I never understood the difference of AP and CB...this was way before I was on the forums.

Not that I care, I love my AP dragons just as much as I love my CB, but just for sake of collecting I would have like to have at least one CB...

:-)

Never? That's a rather silly statement. It doesn't hurt anything. ;P

but the moral of the story, is to never complain about how common a dragon is.

Whoa there. If there were no complainers, the site would never get better. There is nothing wrong with clamoring for change. There is something wrong with being rude or mean about it.

I never complain about complainers (xd.png). I know that they are promoting change, though sometimes in a frank manner. Remind them politely to improve theeir tone. Do NOT, however, overreact. That will only make it worse.

And, don't feed them. Ignore them.

OT;

I really would have loved either of the breeds. :/

Tj, please have a day where we can have them? just one day? It would be like.. a rare gift, and maybe it could only happen one year? then the next year it would have to be lineage-wise? As in, messy lineages would have a better chance of breeding?

Hmmm......I was so sad when I came back to DC to find that frills and pinks were discontinued.........If I won the tree competition I would most certainly get a frill.But I didn't.A little off topic,but I am also a bit sad that blacks are so uncommon now.

R.F.F & P.-Run free frills and pinks,never to be owned again..............

I'd bring back the frills. I heard that the males were in progress, and that they were supposed to be even more flashy and beautiful than the females we had already seen, and I was and am very saddened that we will never get to see and collect the "real" male sprites.

I originally only collected one adult and one hatchling of each breed, but when dimorphism was really introduced, I started collecting an adult of each gender, too. I was lucky enough to grab one last frill before they were discontinued, but unfortunately it did not gender appropriately. Considering both genders have the same sprite, I'm not super bothered by it, but I am a little agitated that it didn't gender male dry.gif

That said, I completely understand and respect the decision to have them pulled. I probably would have done the same in that situation.

Edited by FireAngel73

Whoa there. If there were no complainers, the site would never get better. There is nothing wrong with clamoring for change. There is something wrong with being rude or mean about it.

I never complain about complainers (xd.png). I know that they are promoting change, though sometimes in a frank manner. Remind them politely to improve theeir tone. Do NOT, however, overreact. That will only make it worse.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thats why the frills were taken off the site because of how some people overreacted.

I was ALWAYS a fan of the sweet little Original Pinks. I'd bring them back although the idea of a "Memorial Day", in which both Frills AND BP's are either dropped in the Cave or allowed to breed true for that one day would be awesome!!!

ETA: In an earlier post, someone said something about a male Frill being 'in the works'. I have a CB Male Frill on my Scroll, so I'm not sure what was meant by 'being in the works'. blink.gif

Edited by oddsoxdi

I was ALWAYS a fan of the sweet little Original Pinks. I'd bring them back although the idea of a "Memorial Day", in which both Frills AND BP's are either dropped in the Cave or allowed to breed true for that one day would be awesome!!!

ETA: In an earlier post, someone said something about a male Frill being 'in the works'. I have a CB Male Frill on my Scroll, so I'm not sure what was meant by 'being in the works'. blink.gif

It means in the sense of dimorphism, with a separate male sketch and sprite being worked on by Lyth, much like how electrics and storms gained an extra sprite.

Gah, I couldn't choose between them. I do have a Bright Pink, but her lineage is crazy. I wish I had gotten a CB one before they went away. =( I would love to have another. They always looked so small and cuddly.

On the other hand, I would LOVE for the Frills to be brought back because I had a mated pair and really wanted a frozen hatchie from them to complete my cute little Bowie Frill family (Ziggy Stardust and Lady Stardust being the parents, I was going to name the hatchie Starboy.)

Although I do respect the spriters' choices, I also miss the breeds quite a bit. One of those, 'you don't know what you've got until it's gone' kind of things.

Well by the time I got here, both frills and old pinks were gone so I have to see in my time which ones will be discontinued.

OMG MEMORIAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!

perfect idea

that could be the special event ^^

or veterans day rolleyes.gif plzzzzzz tj *looks up with puppy eye*

So, uh, what about respecting the wishes of the artists of those dragons?

Exactly. They were pulled for a reason, I'd let it be.

That being said, I am glad to have my one CB frill, though I would have liked to have more than one.

I miss both Frills and Bright Pinks very much, but the horrible comments about frills back in the day really hurt to read and I'm not even an artist. It's fine to miss them, to wish they could come back even for a day, but that particular breed was taken out because there was literally an overwhelming amount of negativity about them, ranging from their massive overbreeding and clogging up the AP to the sprite itself. I really hope she never releases them again because she worked very hard on them and basically got a slap in the face for it.

As for bright pinks, while I do wish I'd gotten more of those I also really like the new sprites.

Edit: Er, and to clarify, I wouldn't bring back either. Let them rest in peace and just enjoy the new dragons we get or the old ones we still have.

Edited by gravija

They were overbred? huh.gif

But doesn't that make a species more rare and valuable? *is thinking of blacks*

...Makes me wonder as well; did TJ talk to the spriter of the Frills and get permission for them to be a consolation prize? Because they were. And bright pinks weren't. Granted, bright pinks were revamped instead of the species being flat-out pulled AFAIK.