tazgal123

Discontinued Dragons

I like a second chance to get back the old pinks, i actually used to have one, but because of having the dragon without a scroll, i lost it D:

Frills!! I really want one... (I think that the new pinks are better xd.png ... more,, cute?)

Why it's discontinued???? huh.gif

Edited by Rinikka

*sniff* I love frills. The second dragon I ever got was a frilled. I so want him to be able to breed more frills with my first ever dragon! :<

I swear in the name of the dragon god Sharath, that I'm going to punch a baby if Mints get discontinued. No, I'll punch over 9000 babies if those cute little mints get discontinued. mad.gif Moms around the world, beware!

I'm not much into pinks... But still I'm glad I've two bright pinks... And I'm kind of angry with myself that I didn't catch more of them when they still were around.

And I truly miss the frills.. They're one of my favourite dragons here... So I would love to have them back, it feels so... empty... without them. ):

Bright pinks were discontinued before I started and frills just after, so I only caught one sad.gif

It would be great if there was one day in the year that we could breed them again-- like holiday dragons? Perhaps the day they were discontinued, every year. To give those of us who don't have one, an opportunity to catch one.

Edited by Aussiemum

I miss you frills... sad.gif I would bring them back if I could, but I can't. *sigh* I guess I'll never get one then. :^(>

I wish the frills would come back since i fell i love with em the first time i saw em but already there i was unable to get one since they where already gone sad.gif

Edited by vythalax

I don't really miss either breed, actually... I think the sprite redo of the pinks was gorgeous and I never cared about frills or even liked them very much. All the same, I did love how they looked with silvers and wish they would come back for that, because there are very few dragons I like paired with silvers. And I like the lineage I'm working on with frills and stripes, now, too.

It's funny. Now that they're gone, everyone misses them. I remember seeing the abandon page absolutely FLOODED a few times with frills.

I liked the ideas behind it and while I'd like a female, I am happy with Keiygn. I'm glad I have him, though like many others if I had known Lyth would discontinue them, I would have caught at least one more. I really love the bright pink sprite still, though I'm fine with the number I have on my scroll. Rosi, my first, was bright pink. She, Heart's Blood, and Bolero, both rare or retired dragons now, but they were commons then. Of course, Stars, Ramor, and Macau's breed remain common as heck.

I would bring back Bright Pinks. I loved them, I was trying for an army of them before they were discontinued. Sadly, I never got my army of them as I didn't know about hatcheries...

I had no real problem with frills, really I didn't. I thought they were just interesting dragons that were a part of the entire experience. I didn't really understand all of the drama that was happening with the frills. I mean, even when I first joined there was at least 1 dragon that filled the AP constantly. When I first joined I believe that dragon had been the bright pink.

As for the bright pinks. I was here when they were discontinued. They were discontinued because the spriter had created the pale pink dragons and wanted the bright pinks discontinued to make room for the pale pinks. That was the official announcement made by TJ at least. And that was before the news forum someone managed to get wiped.

Between the two...I'm not sure. I think I'd go with the bright pinks. They've been discontinued longer and there are fewer of them.

I love em all.......I probably would have hoarded baby frills and bright pinks. And I was really looking forward to the male frilled sprite..

I really like both and would brign both back. The only bright pink I have is inbred by one water and she is the 1st one I ever got. I manged to get 4 frills but only one was CB. I really want them to come back so I can have some hatchies to frezze.

WB

I find it funny nobody cared about frills until they were discontinued. I mean, I know some people cared, but not as much as they do nowadays.

Interesting.

Me? I have enough frills and no bright pinks. I've gotten over the fact that I won't be getting a bright pink anytime soon.

They should stay discontinued. As a retired breed, frills are gaining the popularity they never had. Plus they add to the value of my scroll.

OK, that was sort of greedy. But anyways.

Most sites have way more than two 'retired' things that are unobtainable via normal means. We should feel lucky the number is so low.

Rambling post is rambling.

I joined too late to get either. But I would like frills back more, since pinks were replaced by the same spriter and can still breed new pinks.

Lesson learned right when I started: don't reject commons because "they're easy to get" and "they'll be here forever". If I want one, I'll get one ASAP. I mean, if mints were discontinued tomorrow I'm sure everyone would be the same way: "NOOO!" (me included xd.png)

I used to have a good bit of both, but i stopped playing for a while, and decided to clean my scroll of anything not purebred or caveborn, and i ended up releasing all of them Dx how i regret it! I hadn't realized they had been discontinued

I am torn if I had to choose just one

I joined right after the bright pinks were pulled so never got any

and I am one of the ones who loved the bright pink sprite

but I had a goal of getting 6 CB of each dragon, and wasn't very active here

so didn't know the frills were being pulled until it was too late and I only have 5

I even considered if I won honorable mention for the tree decoration, to ask for a CB frill so I can finally have that 6th one...but probably would have gotten a CB holly...but I think I can eventually catch a holly...so....

Guess I would have have to say bright pink that way I can at least have one

I am all for having a memorial day and TJ dropping nothing but frills and Bright Pinks. If the new limits isn't in effect I would grab 1 frill and 3 bright pinks so I can have one bright pink in each stage and my 6th frill to even me out biggrin.gif

Well, I rejoined the site too late to get either Bright Pinks or the Frillies, and have been wishing I could get a Frill ever since I first saw them. They are beautiful to me, as I have always loved (and been known to wear) combinations of green and orange or deep rust tones, and they are just the perfect dragon for me. I've also met a couple of real live Frillies along the way, and they are AWESOME animals! wub.gif

The idea of having them available one day a year is really exciting and Memorial Day would be appropriate for an annual drop of one or both of these two beautiful dragons. Maybe it isn't possible, but a grrl can ALWAYS dream! smile.gif

I would bring back Frills...pink isn't really my colour, and I like the new pinks better tongue.gif

But it doesn't really matter much to me. I have two CB frills anyway(one female and one male) and two old pinks(one CB, with the awesome code LILY)

Edited by EeveeSkitty

I have one inbred old Pink (received it via TGT) and two frills, female is inbred and the male is CB. :3

Isn't it funny - frills were common dragons, but now everybody likes them and wants them back?

The same thing with Holly, because it's very rare. (Yes, I want Holly too! To complete my scroll).

I loved the frills... I didn't get one because it was always the case of "They're stunning, true... but I've just caught a rare egg I don't want to abandon. Maybe I'll catch one in a few days."

*a few days later*

"OMG A RARE EGG. *catches four in about 10 seconds, goes into scroll lock, and doesn't catch a frill in the end*"

It's sad people were complaining, I think the frill sprite is one of the most detailed and gorgeous ones we have. Obviously people were only breeding so many because they were so pretty. tongue.gif

A bright pink was one of my first dragons. I still love the sprite, and miss them.

Me very first dragon was an old pink smile.gif

I never got an old pink, it was one of those cases where I was too busy grabbing rares or umcommons that I didn't want to abandoned and then I never went back to get the old pink xd.png but hey, I love 'em still!

But Frills. I managed to get a few of those and I love them still. Always will.

I loved the old pinks and frills. I would bring them back if I could because they are beautiful sprites. (:

Frills and old pinks= <3

I don't know I am iffy on bringing either back. To be honest one of my first dragons was a brigt pink because people threw them away in the AP all the time. I didn't start collecting more until people said they were going to dicontinue them then bam three pinks. Same thing with frills, I never wanted one on my scroll until people said they were being dicontinued and even then I only took one because I was never a fan of them. I prefer both of them stay as they are now, at least they are considered rare now.