tazgal123

Discontinued Dragons

I actually honored both discontinued dragons with their offspring...

I named this dragon, a cross between bright pink and frill, "Perdita Klytos." Trying for "Lost Legend" as the meaning.

...come to think of it, does anybody have a lineage going to honor these discontinued dragons? That'd be kinda neat. I wouldn't mind if someone else wanted to have one of their offspring to try making one.

If anybody does pick up that idea (or already has it started) and wants an egg from those two, shoot me a PM.

And while gone is most certainly gone for good, a 'memorial' day release of the discontinued breeds would be fun, even if it just meant they would breed true for a day. Can't imagine what those would trade for the next day...  blink.gif

This is realy a good Idea, I wish the same *g*

I wasn't on DC when the BP discontinued, but I realy wish to have one.

Just before the Frills were disconinued, I caught some and I like them wink.gif

If one day one of the dragons could return, I hope this will be the BP.

The bright pinks! xd.png I just love pink. laugh.gif

But I still remember how annoyed everyone was how many stuck in the AP ... haha But when they became discontinued... Everyone wanted them. Always the same... wink.gif

Lol, why do Tribbles keep coming to mind?

Everyone loves enough of a good thing - but NOT being smothered in an excess that leaves insufficient room for everything else, including the ability to move/hunt.

frills

1 they looked cool

2 i wanted one

3 were discontinued soon after i discovered their prescence

4 never did get a frill, or a bright pink

Hmm inventory count:

1 frozen frill hatchling

3 frill adults

Also had a BP but killed it during Halloween in attempts at a zombie. xd.png

Why where the breeds retired?

Edited by evangeline5432

Why where the breeds retired?

Pinks:i'm not sure,i started playin' 3 months ago

Frills:Either it's on artist requets or becouse ap was full of frills...they're just we're not so popular...

Frills were retired because they clogged the AP, and when people complained about that it somehow got turned into OMG EVERYBODY HATES FRILLS SO MUCH and the artist requested that the breed be retired. Even if most people actually liked the Frills and just wished that the AP was more balanced.

The Pinks I think was a similar story, although that was before my time.

I would want the Bright Pinks back as I didn't even have a chance to get them. At least the Frills I could have gotten I simply chose not too.

The pinks were retired because it was one of the first sprites the artist did for dc and she felt it did not adequately represent her skills. It had nothing to do with other people's opinions, like it was with the frills.

The bright pink hatchling sprite is the same as the red hatchling sprite...?

Unless you're talking about the colors.

As well as the vine one,

Frills were retired because they clogged the AP, and when people complained about that it somehow got turned into OMG EVERYBODY HATES FRILLS SO MUCH and the artist requested that the breed be retired. Even if most people actually liked the Frills and just wished that the AP was more balanced.

Incorrect. Both sprites were retired due to artists' requests, however causes were different. Lythiaren asked to remove Frills cause she got too many messages with "how ugly are frills' info.

Edited by Outer Space

My first dragon was a Bright Pink too.

I never got a bright pink sad.gif i didint like the sprite so i kept putting it off...

Edit: i have 3 frills though smile.gif

Edited by superguy16

I came too late to acquire one of the old bright pinks but I love them when I see them on someone's lineage. I really liked their color. I'm just sorry I never got a chance to acquire one. They were quite lovely.

I dunno.

I have an adult frill male and adult frill female, which died as a hatchie the day they were pulled, then revived and ER'd.

sometimes i wish i traded something for it

I have 3 adult frills and 1 frozen hatchie. I always thought they were happy sprites. I have one BP and one frozen BP, but unfortunately it was before I was into lineages so it is not a CB. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the frills I have into a lineage right now, though.

I miss the frills and old pinks. If I could bring a breed back, it would be the frills, so I

could finish my bloody breeding project. :|

I would like the bright pinks to come back even for a limited time. I have two adults and one hatchling of the Bright Pinks because at the time I felt that, since they didn't have males, that I didn't need a second hatchling but I really wish I would've grabbed a second one. It's the only set of dragons on my scroll that is "finished" with only one hatchling.

I finished my Frills set as soon as they came out. I never disliked the sprite, I always giggled at the face because they look so happy!

I had a Bright Pink on my old scroll some years back before it got hacked. D': I miss my little pink baby...

I'd bring back both if I could. ;3; I love the Frills and their sprites. Sure I thought their wings were a little odd looking, but the sprite was so pretty. I loved those little scales... and the hatchlings were just so adorable. I'm so glad I managed to freeze one before they retired.

The Bright Pinks weren't my favourite sprite, but my love for their beauty was brought back whenever I saw fanart. It's so hard to see little details in sprites sometimes.

i would want a bright pink to come back i would like the ability to have one of each breed and color of the dragons

I'd have to say Bright Pinks because I joined after they were removed and never had the chance to get any, le sigh. Though I'd really love to have the Frills back, as well; I still need a CB male, and I lost two in trade just before they went out. It still makes me sad... ;-;

~Feathers

No more talking about why they vanished...trust me, the fall out from all that was just nasty, and I don't want Z closing this topic...or at least I don't I find it interesting seeing what people would want back.

If you want the run down PM me, and I will tell you...but no more talking about it here!!!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ARzO

Right there is my fav. dragon, since it is a cross between a "new" pink and an "old" pink and it gave me an "old" pink.

Does anybody have a frozen "old" pink sprite?

Does anybody have a frozen "old" pink sprite?

I have one frozen sprite,CB, so no lineage. she is a cutie though.