tazgal123

Discontinued Dragons

Random speculation from a comment above

now that ratio differences has been resolved by TJ... in some point in time... frills may come out of retirement...

If enough people want the frills back, there might be a chance that they'll come back.

I'm not a completionist, so I'm okay with spriters wanting to retire their work.

The one dragon I hope never goes is the Magma. I love my Magmas. <3

Random speculation from a comment above

now that ratio differences has been resolved by TJ... in some point in time... frills may come out of retirement...

If enough people want the frills back, there might be a chance that they'll come back.

No. Stop. False rumours are bad.

Well, description of Bright Pink says -

"Mating seasons occur once every 200 years and can last up to 2 years"

Maybe it's between mating seasons lol so no bright pinks are born dry.gif

I really like idea of Memorial day (trading problem of next day could be solved like the one of summoned egg - you can't drop it on other days than Memorial day smile.gif). I don't have either of them, but I would like to rolleyes.gif They are so beautiful wub.gif

i'd vote for frills as it did seem that we weren't give much warning when they were finally discontinued, just suddenly poof no eggs, where as the pinks were gradually drawn out of circulation with plenty of time for aquiring them if you were an aware member at the time of course...a lot of us thought the date for the frills to go bai was set some where in june but apparently TJ didn't know that....i hated the reasons behind its discontinuation and did not mind them in the cave at all...so what if the frills wern't my favorite because i had trouble naming them not because i thought they were ugly....my biggest reason...i wanna breed my cb pair ;-;.....

i give my cb frills a big hug and wish for one day that they might breed again...

I'm not a completionist, so I'm okay with spriters wanting to retire their work.

The one dragon I hope never goes is the Magma. I love my Magmas. <3

Agreed! I love my magmas! I wish I had a little plushie of the hatchie. :-)

And then I'd need a bright pink plushie for my little girl, maybe a little glass BBW to hang in my office window, a water dragon pool float, and ....

I would like that both of breeds were back cuz i don't have any old pinks and i've cought only one frill(i don't have even both gender!) sad.gif

I loved both and got both but to complete my colection i need more D:

for the bright pinks i don't mind as much because when they were retired i had planned to only get 2 of each gender and i had 2 females an a hatchling, the problem is later after they were retired i decided to go for 3 of each gender ((mabye 4 soon)) but since they technically "rare" i have different goals for them

the frills i was really sad about because i just need one more female, and i was trying to get it from a specific breeding pair and they decided to be jerks the weeks before retirement dry.gif so that i just had bad luck

Edited by darkshadow5392

If it was just something to do with too many of them filling up the AP, and a handful of whiny overcritical people being whiny and overcritical... and the AP being tweaked, seemingly successfully...

Ahhh, just wishful thinking. =B

I joined DC after the old pinks were discontinued and really never knew about them until I found the forums. However, looking at them, I can say I prefer the new pinks and really don't care that I never got a Bright Pink.

It'd be cool to have Frills again, but it was the artist's decision and I respect that. I was able to snag five of them before they were discontinued.

Really, I'm not too concerned that there are dragons people can't catch anymore. I view as like collecting in real life. You try to get everything you're collecting but you'll always miss out on something. Besides, it's also a great way to mark how long you've been catching dragons. A nice little memento, I guess you could say.

I'm a bit of an optimist, I guess.

I love the frills and bright pinks were one of my very first dragons. I miss both breeds, but I am glad that I got some while they were still around.

If I could bring one back, it would be the frills.

I'd bring Old pinks back, mostly because I never really liked the frills- they were ok. I grabbed two just to get them out of my needed list a while ago, sort of sad I never finished the family...

but I never even got a chance at the old pinks, and they look so pretty....

Adult BP, gendered hatchling BR, 2 M Fr A, 2 F Fr A, 2 M Fr S2s, 2 F Fr S2s, 1 Fr S1.

PLUS: If you could bring back one of those lost breeds which one would you pick?

The bright pinks! xd.png I just love pink. laugh.gif

But I still remember how annoyed everyone was how many stuck in the AP ... haha But when they became discontinued... Everyone wanted them. Always the same... wink.gif

Frills were discontinued at the artist's request? I heard it was because they overpopulated the ap

Does anyone know why pinks were discontinued?

because i think she didnt like the old pink anymore and she wanted to change it.....so what if frills took over the ap i bet it was some 10 year olds complaining

I liked the BP hatchling sprite. Too bad I never got my hands on one. Also for frills... yeah, I've love them back, but there's nothing to be done.

because i think she didnt like the old pink anymore and she wanted to change it.....so what if frills took over the ap i bet it was some 10 year olds complaining

.....*turned 11 3 weeks ago*

Collection wise, my scroll is lacking one CB Frill and two CB Bright Pinks. The Bright Pink was one of my "first four" and the Frills were the very first release of new, regular dragons that I witnessed. (I joined shortly after the Skywing and the Guardian were released, I believe, missed CB Yules by a fraction).

Therefore both dragons have a nostalgic value, not to mention are very pretty. I was especially hoping for Frill dimorphism <3

Do I want them to come back? Nah.

We were given the new, beautiful Pinks and their fantastic BSA. For the Frills... that topic was so unnecessarily full of drama and is still so full of hurt feelings, that as soon as I hear "Frill" I go "Oh dear, careful now, don't say anything wrong, drama...!". I certainly don't want that back.

I liked the BP hatchling sprite. Too bad I never got my hands on one. Also for frills... yeah, I've love them back, but there's nothing to be done.

The bright pink hatchling sprite is the same as the red hatchling sprite...?

Unless you're talking about the colors.

-is twelve and a half- o__e

Hmmr. Anyways, my collection of bright pinks and frills is satisfactory. I have two bp adults and one matured frozen hatchling, and then a male and female frill along with one matured frozen hatchling. So I'm good.

I have neither :<

I don't care much about the BP, but I would love to have some purdy frills on my scroll. ah well, can't be helped.

The bright pink hatchling sprite is the same as the red hatchling sprite...?

Unless you're talking about the colors.

Also the vine ...and I think the Holly hatchie? But I think the color plays a big role, as much as the idea of having a complete set for those that play that way.

I didn't even realize frills got discontinued until now---now I feel bad for my one frill. Never was too fond of orange and green, but they do look cool in a quirky sort of way.

As for bright pinks, I was lucky enough to have snagged one last July. I'm pretty sure it was one of the last, and I could barely believe it when I saw the egg in the abandoned pile (was told that BPs were long gone). Of course, this was after about 3 days of refreshing the abandoned page for about 2 hours each day... what can I say, I had no life last summer...