tazgal123

Discontinued Dragons

Tiffalkin, Frills cant breed together anymore. If you do breed them, theu always refuse, like breeding a Gold to a Yulebuck: was once possible, but not anymore, they will always refuse.

I'd ask for a yearly memorial day personaly.

I never got any Old Pinks, and I still need a frozzen frill of each gender. So on such a day, I'd grab 3 pink eggs (Adult, S1, S2), grab a frill and breed another frill.

Though, frills CAN still be useful for projects when you need an egg of one breed but dont have both genders of that breed...

Well, the bright pink ones...I liked the Frill, and I wish I had a CB one. The pink ones totally, I loved the bright pink ones...

I think TJ should give a "Back in time" day. Where there is a quick 24 hour egg drop of the old eggs...so the newbies have a shot at getting them on their scrolls.

They would not be clogging up anything since it would be a short release, BUT gotta respect the artists requests...

Bright Pinks need to come back, I was a big fan of them...

I love both of the sprites ♥ I don't think I could choose

A Frill was one of my first four so they hold a special place in my heart. I got a 2nd gen xSilver that I would love to have a mate for, but that will never happen now sad.gif

I happened to grab a Pink from the AP pretty early on as well and I'm so glad I did. I wasn't on the forums at the time and was incredibly confused when suddenly there weren't anymore of that shade of pink...

I love the idea of a Memorial Day drop biggrin.gif I've turned into something of a collector and absolutely want to complete my scroll. And I'd love to see those eggs in the cave again, for old time's sake.

Although I very much respect the wishes of the artists. It would totally be dependent on them if that would ever be possible.

PS, lookit me ramble! rolleyes.gif

Bright pinks, sadly I will never have one. Frills are pretty but I don't like very much the green color xd.png

I would have to say bright pinks because they were discontinued before I joined dragon cave so now I will never fet a single Bright pink.

When I joined DC, the first egg I grabbed was a bright pink one, which later turned into this female. I never got another bright pink dragon again, I thought I had plenty of time for it. Besides, there were far more tempting eggs than that one. A few weeks later they were discontinued. Oh joy.

On one hand, I've got two frills, male and female, and just one bright pink...

But on the other hand, the frills are far cooler-looking, and I probably wouldn't get another pink one even if I could. xd.png The pink one's sprite looks a little outdated in comparison.

Why were the frills discontinued anyway? I know it was because the artist wanted them to be, but I've also heard something about people disliking them or complaining about them? That seems hard to believe, I can't see anything wrong with them.

Frills. I love my 6 Frills, and want more.

I would like to get the old pinks back , because they look great and I could not get any of them!

On one hand, I've got two frills, male and female, and just one bright pink...

But on the other hand, the frills are far cooler-looking, and I probably wouldn't get another pink one even if I could. xd.png The pink one's sprite looks a little outdated in comparison.

Why were the frills discontinued anyway? I know it was because the artist wanted them to be, but I've also heard something about people disliking them or complaining about them? That seems hard to believe, I can't see anything wrong with them.

Not really sure, BUT I know it was a sore topic...so we should NEVER speak of it again.

I really wish I had a CB of both...I never understood the difference of AP and CB...this was way before I was on the forums.

Not that I care, I love my AP dragons just as much as I love my CB, but just for sake of collecting I would have like to have at least one CB...

:-)

One of my first dragons was a Bright Pink, so I want them to come back! xd.png

Actually, I really want both to come back.

EDIT: I agree with the person who posted above me. Z warned us this shouldn't turn into a drama topic.

Edited by aynessa

Hmm, since I already have a few frills, I'd like to have the bright pinks come back. (Yeah, self-serving and all, that's me.) Which means I'm very much in favor of a memorial day for the discontinued breeds.

Bright Pinks. I already have 1 frill (and I would like at least 2 more) but I don't have any bright Pink, when I joined thed cave they were already discontinued. Both are pretty.

Whoa wait, frills were discontinued?! omg I haven't been here in so long, I came back and found my frills waitin' there for me and remembered I was trying to get a huge purebred lineage. D: So much for that I guess xd.png I suppose I'll move onto my next purebred lineage project, whites. cool.gif

Pretty much if I could bring frills back, I would. I hardly ever want to purebreed dragons, and when I do it's because I thought the sprite was beautiful and it was just a must have. My poor princes and princesses! </3

When I joined DC, the first egg I grabbed was a bright pink one, which later turned into this female. I never got another bright pink dragon again, I thought I had plenty of time for it. Besides, there were far more tempting eggs than that one. A few weeks later they were discontinued. Oh joy.

My story EXACTLY. When I heard they were going to be phased out, I started looking frantically for them. I only managed to grab one, extremely late (May 17 2009), which was a miracle. Never got another.

Did just want to say that there doesn't have to be anything 'wrong' with a sprite in either of these instances because ANYTHING, no matter how pretty or generally loved, that chronically gets in the way because overproduced for the environment to support (us to willingly adopt) will impede play and create frustration which is likely to be voiced.

Even if the criticism is typically directed at the problem of AP/Cave blockage and not at the sprite itself, it's likely to be labelled 'sprite-bashing' and when this is repeated enough, people may begin to say the sprite itself is hated by others, begin to perceive comments in that light even when not intended so, and a problem of ratios becomes shifted to one of the unfortunate sprite, even though it's NOT the problem.

That's how we lost those sprites, even though many liked/loved them (in reasonable, manageable quantities,) not because they were unfit or unwanted.

Preventing people from commenting on problems/components of game-play is not an answer either, though.

Without user input, directions unappealing to many can be all-unknowingly followed to the detriment of the game, with people afraid to express their reactions.

If only a happy medium could communicate with us all...

But on the plus side, the spriter of the Bright Pink does apparently have plans for these...

Though I'm turning kinda purple waiting...

Not really sure, BUT I know it was a sore topic...so we should NEVER speak of it again.

I really wish I had a CB of both...I never understood the difference of AP and CB...this was way before I was on the forums.

Not that I care, I love my AP dragons just as much as I love my CB, but just for sake of collecting I would have like to have at least one CB...

:-)

No problem - didn't want to resurrect any drama, I just wasn't around for it so wondered what happened. Guess I should go dig through some old threads or something, haha.

Ahh well, it looks like the two I got were CB (even though I didn't know or care about the difference at the time either) so I guess I'm set.

Bright Pinks, although that's probably just because I don't have one. If I had them both, I'd probably choose Frills. They're just so detailed. Although if either one were to be brought back I would be forever grateful. <3

I honor all of them, although I have both Frills and Bright Pinks, I still will miss them both regardless.

i miss the frills. they're awesome, but at least i have a bunch of them

I miss 'em both. Only got one old pink, and was wishing for more CB frills to start a lineage right about the time they got discontinued. A yearly day when they could breed or cavedrop would be awesome, as long as there was some notice to plan for it.

i never got an old pink. didn't really like the sprite.

I have one bright pink, my darling Hinawa, and a couple of Frills.

I think it's tough luck for the collectors, but the spriters had their reasons and so wishing to have them back is just ridiculous. Missed them? Too bad. Even if you want to have all the sprites, there are always going to be impossible sprites.

I would bring back frills in a heartbeat if i had any say in the matter. They were beautiful. Although, the retirement made me feel old xd.png I remember how excited I was when they were brand new, soooo pretty!