tazgal123

Discontinued Dragons

As you all know Pinks and FRILLS (MY FAVORITE BREED!!!!) are discontiued. This topic is dedicated to honoring lost breeds.

PLUS: If you could bring back one of those lost breeds which one would you pick?

I would bring back frills, the dragon with the beautiful fans of emerald and amber!

We miss you, frills!!!!

...Frills were discontinued? D:

They were discontinued on May 4th at the artist's request...

I like the Bright Pinks, but if I had to pick one to bring back it would definitely be the Frilled.

A bright pink was one of my first dragons. I still love the sprite, and miss them.

Frills were discontinued at the artist's request? I heard it was because they overpopulated the ap

Does anyone know why pinks were discontinued?

If this topic turns into another drama problem it will be closed.

Edited by _Z_

Frills were discontinued at the artist's request? I heard it was because they overpopulated the ap

Does anyone know why pinks were discontinued?

Maybe pinks were discontinued to make room for the new pale pinks? I'm not really sure - just a theory.

And one of my first dragons was a bright pink. <3

And one of my first dragons was a bright pink. <3

My first dragon was a Bright Pink too.

I would bring back the frills definitely. I don't think it was fair that they were pulled from the ap when so many people still wanted them.

Personally, this is really disappointing.

I had dropped dragcave for a while, and when I came back, I said "I will collect every dragon possible". Well, guess what? Said dream is crushed when dragons are no longer available. It's like if someone painted a portrait that was posted in a museum, then destroyed it after some people saw it. Now no one else can have the view of going there and seeing it.

Not trying to start drama, just stating that it makes people like me, who want to collect everything, very very disappointed. I only have one Frill, a frozen ungendered hatchling, and no bright pinks.

Somewhere..... maybe in the Ascended thread? I saw a new style pink with the old, vibrant color. The best of both worlds! I'd love to see it released, but I think the entire project might have been put on hold.

And while gone is most certainly gone for good, a 'memorial' day release of the discontinued breeds would be fun, even if it just meant they would breed true for a day. Can't imagine what those would trade for the next day... blink.gif

I only have one Frill, a frozen ungendered hatchling, and no bright pinks.

I think bright pinks were discontinued quite a while ago. D:

For people to know;

Frills; discontinued at artists request, mainly because of sprite bashing and because people complained they were too common.

Bright Pinks; I wasn't on the forums when they were discontinued, but I heard a rumour that there was sprite bashing. Dove, the spriter of the BPs has said she has plans for them, and seeing as there was a Male Ascended BP, that can probably give some clues.

Frills were my favorite. I was very sad to see that they were discontinued while I was away for sometime, never got to finish my Frill x Gold 500 - Internal Server Error Line... As I can't even breed them D: So what if they were common, they looked totally awesome. Sucks how it's always the complainers who are the loudest even though they aren't the majority most of the time. sleep.gif

As for Bright Pinks, they are alright, I do prefer the newer ones though. :3

I haven't had time to get bright pinks or frills sad.gif they're so elegant and lovely

hope no other dragon will become discontinued huh.gif

Bright Pinks.

One of my favorites. I was sorry to hear the spriter decided she didn't like them.

I like the new ones, mind, but I am still very glad I have the old ones I do. And I hope they stay.

Frills are nice, of course.

): If one could come back, then bright pinks. <3 I was sad that they were discontinued.

Plus, I like pink more than green (colorwise).

The Bright Pinks were discontinued because the sprite ownder decided to make them both genders. The old pinks were formerly female only. They still breed but will only ever give new pinks if they lay pink eggs.

I was here when they wernt and I want to see them coming back.

bright pinks.

u.u

they were discontinued shortly before i joined dragcave Dx

i couldn't grab any xP

I'd have to say Bright Pinks. The Frills are awesome in their own way, but I love the Bright Pink sprite, and am very sad I joined DC at a later date and never had the chance to get one. T-T

None. Having that said I love both but the artists took them off for a reason, and I respect that.

Even more: apparently they got yelled at because their dragon was far too common, which is really not nice.

Back then when I didn´t know that Yulebucks would return on Christmas I asked people who had them for eggs with Yulebuck-parent so I could have them at least in the lineage. I still breed my Frills and old pinks and drop the eggs for anyone who wants them.

Bright pinks have been discontinued longer, so I guess I'd want them back to have some of the newer users know what they're like. 'Course, I already have two frills but no bright pinks, so I suppose that's a bit self-serving... Though it would be nice to have a mated pair of frills, since my current set are father and daughter.