tazgal123

Discontinued Dragons

Yes, but even if we got our 'Frill Memorial Day', you know what would happen?

A few months later from all the people who weren't in attendance as well as the newbies: OMGWTFBBQ! I WANTZ FRILLI MEMRIALZ DAYZZZZZZZZ! I WANTZ A FRILLZZZZLZLZLZL. Y CLNDT DEY HAV ANTHER ONEZZZZZ??!?!?!??! *complain complain complain*

It would be the exact same situation we have now, just with different people.

I think they should just be discontinued and STAY discontinued unless the spriter wishes otherwise. We have plenty of other beautiful breeds, why don't you all go pick up some of those? Missing out on two dragons isn't going to kill anybody here.

And, yes. This comes from someone who has no frills or bright pinks.

I apologize if I sound tense or irritated. My opinions tend to come out that way...

I applaud you.

Maybe pinks were discontinued to make room for the new pale pinks? I'm not really sure - just a theory.

And one of my first dragons was a bright pink. <3

No, the new pinks were to replace the old pinks. Or so that was my understanding. I loved the old frills, I avidly collected them and they were the only dragon breed I collected in huge numbers for no reasons. (Blacks for breeding, etc.)

Yes, but even if we got our 'Frill Memorial Day', you know what would happen?

A few months later from all the people who weren't in attendance as well as the newbies: OMGWTFBBQ! I WANTZ FRILLI MEMRIALZ DAYZZZZZZZZ! I WANTZ A FRILLZZZZLZLZLZL. Y CLNDT DEY HAV ANTHER ONEZZZZZ??!?!?!??! *complain complain complain*

It would be the exact same situation we have now, just with different people.

I think they should just be discontinued and STAY discontinued unless the spriter wishes otherwise. We have plenty of other beautiful breeds, why don't you all go pick up some of those? Missing out on two dragons isn't going to kill anybody here.

And, yes. This comes from someone who has no frills or bright pinks.

I apologize if I sound tense or irritated. My opinions tend to come out that way...

No big. I know they're not coming back, but I still wish they would. I just love the silly things, and this is the thread to express it.

Apparently, the Frilled spriter did agree to let the eggs be a prize for the Christmas Decorating contest winners, so that's an exception. The Bright Pinks, though, did not, because you couldn't request Bright Pink eggs. *shrugs* Maybe something like that will happen again.

I would dearly love to see Frills back, though I respect Lyth's wishes to have them pulled. I do really wish we could have a memorial day for them, sorta like their own Holiday. Perhaps something like on Earth day, or Memorial day, though I suspect it will never happen.

Bright pinks... Those I happen to think should stay discontinued. I don't have a sprite of them, either. But I would love it if the same breed concept was "redrawn", the bright pink color and all female breed that is. I actually joined right as the Bright Pinks were being phased out (at the end of the month they were discontinued from the cave drops, actually). I wasn't on the forum, and missed them completely.

As for lineages which appreciate these lots breeds.... A DC friend bred this for me, she bred the entire lineage, and I just think it's fantastic:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/2AZ5p

Cheers!

C4.

Wow, that's pretty!

Hmmm I wouldn't mind another chance to grab a few CB bright pinks again, since both my BPs are inbreed. Oh well. I've had my scroll since 08 so I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing that since I had plenty of times I could have grabbed a CB bright pink (and CB black dry.gif ). But I'm not too upset I at least have both discontinued dragons.

But if I don't get a dragon I'm not too upset. I don't have a holly (I'll be surprised if I'm ever lucky enough to grab one, tho I did manage to get a vampire when I thought I would never back when they didn't bite) or a neglected (haven't tried to, so that's on me). Life goes on.

I used to play this site years ago but quit for a while. Now that I'm back, I'm super glad that I snagged both a bright pink and a frill before they were discontinued. It was remarkably lucky, considering that I didn't have a very good collection back then!

I really wanted an old Pink because I love their sprite, but then I found out they were discontinued. sad.gif

I also really miss Frills.

An old pink was one of my first dragons and I really like the sprite. But it was really anoying when the cave was blocked with bright pink eggs for hours. Now I'm sad not to have more of them.

I'd really like to see the Bright pinks come back in some form. Hoping the Ascended version comes to completion.

I dont really care which ones we bring back. Besides i alresady have male and female frill and an old pink. I would say frills though since we already have2 new pinks.

I joined after old pinks were discontinued so I'm indifferent about them. But my very first dragon that grew up was a frill. I have four of them, all somehow CB.

(/T_T)/ I love you, frills. You're so pretty.

Why didn't I catch any CB Frills when I had the chance? Now I only have one with an ugly lineage, and a Frozen Hatchling with a not-so-nice lineage.

Edited by TheGrox

Is there ever any warning when a sprite/dragons is going to be retired, or is it just, "Ohhai guys, you can't get ________ dragon anymore/we changed the sprite for _______ and you can't get the old one anymore!"?

Both retired breeds had some warning, but there was much controversy over the Frills which were retired earlier than was anticipated.

I don't think there will be any more retired breeds (hopefully), but if there is I imagine there to be ample warning time given. If the past teaches us anything, it's that users don't like unexpected, spontaneous change =P

Again though, doubt any more sprites will be retired, so no worries.

If anyone still remembers, there was also a handful of dragons got their sprites 'changed', not retired but changed.. Like water and 09Val, and the normal black hatchling. blink.gif

I joined a while ago, while there wheree still old pinks and frills. I quitted for a w while, and when I came back the pinks where gone, I tried to get a frilled but it died, and before I got another one, they where discounted.

Why frills???

I've never been a fan of the adult Frills myself but I get a little soft when I look at the hatchlings; they're pretty awesome. I would have liked to collect them and freeze a couple of hatchlings before they got retired but that was partly my fault, seeing as I stopped playing because of loss of interest for a while.

Bright Pinks were pretty cool, and I don't think I saw those clogging up the cave as much as Frills though...(which got pretty irritating)

My second ever egg was a frill lol, I started a few months after they had come out, so they were EVERYWHERE xd.png

I was completely in shock when I came back to DC to find out they were discontinued, I was happy I already had one, but kinda sad that there'd be no more of 'em. I'd want them back, preferably with a different pose for the adult sprite because it kinda looks funny lol tongue.gif

Edited by sasuke307

If anyone still remembers, there was also a handful of dragons got their sprites 'changed', not retired but changed.. Like water and 09Val, and the normal black hatchling. blink.gif

I remember. I think they were all improvements, though. Especially the water. <3 And the Vdays look better this way, imho.

Also, I'd bring back Bright Pinks. I WANT MORE OF THEM SO BAD. D8 It's not fair they got discontinued just to sprite bashing. -.-

I wasn't around when the Bright Pinks and Frills were released. Because of that, I'd like either of them to come back, but more so the Frills.

I remember trying SO hard to grab more frills before their retirement because they're so pretty...but dangit, everyone else was grabbing too so they were so hard to find (for me at least!), and then they disappeared early sad.gif The entire thing was just such a huge disappointment all around.

I REALLY regret releasing all of my inbred dragons forever ago...most of the frills (and original pinks) I had got tossed out with that bunch. If I'd have known I wouldn't get much of a chance to replace them i would have held on to them.