TJ09

07/02/10 - State of the Cave

I LOVE the new tool! Everything is running smothly here... lets just see from my laptop now.. (stupid slow laptop *kicks*)

Yays, now when my dragons have a billion children, it won't drag the entire page down!

Thanks for the updates smile.gif

But when I check my sister's scroll I noticed that there were no symbols for male/female although all of her hatchling are matured. unsure.gif

user posted image

thanks fopr the updates and thats for reducing the children list^^

But when I check my sister's scroll I noticed that there were no symbols for male/female although all of her hatchling are matured.

I found the same problem. Is that an intentional change or a bug? It makes it a little harder to keep track of the maturity levels, especially when you're waiting to see the sex before you say yay or nay to keeping the hatchling. I hate to be the (second) bearer of bad news... ><

Very cool new progeny tool btw. Kthxbi. :-)

I found the same problem. Is that an intentional change or a bug? It makes it a little harder to keep track of the maturity levels, especially when you're waiting to see the sex before you say yay or nay to keeping the hatchling. I hate to be the (second) bearer of bad news... ><

this problem doesn't appear on every scroll. also, though the symbol doesn't appear, if u go to the matured hatchie's view page, it will give u the gender.

but i too find it quite inconvenient O:

and now for the thnx tj spam! lol jk. But I do see an improvement xd.png thumbs up

*keeping scroll clear at the moment. Its been a little over a month since the last dragon release and there has been a new breed release about every month. I hope one of my 3 completeds makes it this time!* twiddles thumbs in anticipation.

Edited by wondersueak

As for the symbol thing not showing up on scrolls, mine's fine so far.

Thanks for the Progeny Tool and for fixing the site even if it may need another tune-up to sort out bugs that i don't see or know about.

No more lag, yay!

A quick suggestion for the progeny tool:

Since the entire line for children is now (a) link(s), could it be moved to right below "view lineage", instead of being the very last item? It looks a bit odd having several links above, then "Last bred on: [date]" then another line of pure links below. Especially since the last breeding date is relevant for, at most, the youngest dragon, or possibly not related to any of them, if no egg was produced with that attempt.

Thanks TJ!

Just curious, did some of the eggs/hatchies get time added back?

I usually sort my hatchies by time left, I could have sworn that I had done that; either I didn't, or some gained time. I think that they are in the order I left them, but not in time left order.

I could be misremembering though.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Thanks TJ! It's always nice to see something new in the cave :3 It was also really great that you could give us a warning, and so early!

I love the new progeny tool! Makes individual Dragon pages so much neater (especially for old brood dragons).

Just wondering- has the 4 day insta-grow/-hatch been disabled? I have a hatchie which was due to grow up almost 4 hours ago (more than enough of each view) who is happily reclining over my scroll lock. dry.gif

Just curious, did some of the eggs/hatchies get time added back?

I'd like to know this as well. Yesterday I caught some eggs from the cave for neglected experiments, and I noted the exact time that I caught them, so I will be able to calculate their exact time of death. But if eggs got time added due to downtime, now it's going to throw off my calculations.

EDIT: If time was added, is it possible for us to know exactly how much time? That will make it easier for me to determine their new time of death.

Edited by Renorei