TJ09

07/02/10 - State of the Cave

Maintenance

It appears the maintenance was a success. From what I can tell the site is running normally, although we'll see what kind of bugs pop up in the coming days.

Followup Maintenance

Followup maintenance is tentatitvely scheduled for 11:00 PM EST tommorrow/today, July 2nd. Sorry for the lesser notice. It should take 1-2 hours at most. I'll be monitoring the site tomorrow and based on how well things perform, it may or may not be necessary.

Progeny Tool

The progeny tool has also been made public at this time. If a dragon has more than 10 children the list will be replaced with a "View Children" link to the progeny tool. Else, you can access it by clicking on the "Children:" label on the view page.

Now for the kthx spam?

I noticed it going a lot smoother and not lagging, and haven't seen any bugs yet. Thanks TJ.

Did some hatchery page loading and cave refreshes, and it seems to be lot better than the last several days. Is happy.

Mine don't show the "view children" option, though.

Edited by ainisarie

Less lag is always a good thing. Thanks for all your hard work, dedication, and patience TJ!

*Waits for someone to contradict me*

I had two ER eggs that were developing cracks in stages. I can see them in my account page but when viewing the eggs directly, the image doesn't change and stayed at S1. Did a hard refreshed and nope, still did not change. But once the egg hatched, the hatchling image appeared. Just wondering if this has anything to do with the maintenance.

Edit : And yes, love the View Children link ... smile.gif Thanks for that update.

Edited by arlymaye

I think the new Link "show children" is really wonderfull! With pictures of the children and the other parent mentioned.

Not seen any bugs so far.

Thank you TJ!

Cave and AP seem to be loading with out the lag now. Thanks, TJ.

Anyone else notice the new "view children" link on the dragon view page, as in this one: http://dragcave.net/view/n/Argeprah

Any other changes?

So he implemented the progeny tool. Nice.

Maybe it's when the dragon has more than one mate that it changes to View Children, because http://dragcave.net/view/n/Wectvajx%20Thuwed still shows the code of his child, but Children: takes you to the progeny page.

I checked the breed page, dragons still aren't clickable there. Hopefully that'll be implemented soon..

@Arly: My eggs are changing normally...

Ah..good to know it's not a bug then. Been watching that two eggies though and it seems weird why the image didn't change. Could be just a fluke. Hehe..

Do love the Show/Hide Children option! Thank you TJ! This is a neat feature. happy.gif

Wasn't even around when the maintenance was running. Everything is going smoothly at the moment

Thanks TJ.