TJ09

2010-07-04 - Beat The Heat Egg Release

The adult coastal isn't quite to my taste either. I'll let my one grow up and use it to breed an army of frozen hatchies >3

As for the spitfires, I like the adults and hatchies equally.

Oh yeah, I remember both of these.

The Spitfires are my favorites though, but the Coastal Waverunners are cool too, but yeah like some have said, not really my taste.

EDIT: Anyone notice there is no dimorphism for these guys yet? ohmy.gif

Wonder if they'll get different sprites later on...

Edited by DarkdragoonXHybrid

I really like the design of the Coastals because it reminds me of the old days when the cave was simpler and there were walls of black and green in the AP all the time smile.gif

@Maple: I never even thought of that, lol.

I admire any one who can sprite. I've thought of trying my hand at it, but I don't think I have the talent in that way. I can critique (because those who can't do, critique, lol) and give ideas on color and shade, but the rest is beyond me.

Both dragons to me, have their merit and obviously TJ thinks so too, or they wouldn't be both released. I would imagine that not every dragon submitted makes it to the cave.

And neither does everyone have to love every dragon that comes out. Like Drakono said, some people like a simple, fun, cute sprite. Some of us like the more detailed, 'realistic' sprite. There's something in this game for everyone, and I'm glad TJ does his level best to accommodate the whole. There are too many of us to cater to every individual taste and desire.

*hops off soapbox and edits for excessive punctuation*

Edited by blackdragon71

some people might've traded for the new eggs o-o

I didn't think of that either. O_o

I wonder if you just had to be logged in, or you had to be active?

Like, I leave myself logged in all the time since no one uses my computer but me, but if I ignored my account for that day would I have gotten it? Maybe you had to at least do some kind of action in your account, like switch from your account page to the cave, or to the AP. Not just be logged in that day, be active that day. *Shrug*

Both adults are gorgeous and the hard work really shows! happy.gif They're both actually prettier than i expected. Thank you, spriters!

Both adults are gorgeous and the hard work really shows! happy.gif They're both actually prettier than i expected. Thank you, spriters!

QFT

The spitfires are nice, im happy the shading got updated ^ ^

Edited by blackberry57

The adults look so awesome! I wonder why TJ didn't freeze one of each, though...

T.J will freeze them later on.

thanks for the cool dragons spriters and T.J biggrin.gif

Edited by DarkdragoonXHybrid

Many thanks to all the spriters who made the Beat the Heat release possible. I love both of the new dragons!!

Some good looking dragons! I still think the spitfires sharing a description with stripes is going to cause a lot of unhappiness in the long run, but other than that I felt this release has gone really well.

Thanks to Nepherim, Ray, Dovealove, Shiro, and TJ!

I like the colors and general dragon-ness of the Spitfires, but I like the sleekness of the waverunners. Now to reserve some names!

Does anyone have adult forms of these two new releases yet? Or is it too soon to ask? I am very curious on what they look like as adults ^^

Edited by Gvantsa

Some good looking dragons!  I still think the spitfires sharing a description with stripes is going to cause a lot of unhappiness in the long run, but other than that I felt this release has gone really well. 

Thanks to Nepherim, Ray, Dovealove, Shiro, and TJ!

That is a concern, but hopefully the awesomeness of the spitfire sprites will mitigate the backlash.

@Gvantsa: Look at the first post.

Edited by Drakrono