TJ09

2010-07-04 - Beat The Heat Egg Release

...The little banner T.J put in the release gives a kind of hint xd.png

Z removed my names in a previous post (Sorry Z ^^'), guess I said the names a little to early...regardless, these ones are pretty cool if I remember right. Unless they were changed a little, in which I'm sure they'll still be awesome biggrin.gif

Uhm... Coastal Dragon and Summer Dragon? xd.png Or Fire Dragon?

I'll probably see what you mean after they grow up and then feel like a complete idiot. xd.png

Grabbed another sea egg (and my first sea egg hatched).

>_> well dang still like 11 hours until they grow up, I sadly won't be able to see them all grown up until hours later. I'll need to save the links. ):

I'm considering staying up to see them grow up. Lately I've been going to bed in the morning and getting up in the evening, then staying up all night. Since they'll grow up at noon, I suppose I could either try sleeping super early (like now or something) or I could try staying up until they mature. Or I could just sleep and see them whenenever I wake up.

Sleep. They'll still be here when you awake.

Uhm... Coastal Dragon and Summer Dragon? xd.png Or Fire Dragon?

I'll probably see what you mean after they grow up and then feel like a complete idiot. xd.png

Good guesses wink.gif

Yeah, you'll all see in a little while :3

Meanwhile, I'll just stare at my hatchlings and eggs who wont hatch or mature for another 3 days xd.png

Man! My eggs died!

That's why you have to monitor them and fog as needed.

Just need one more of the "sea" egg, and I'll have two of each. smile.gif

I think the hardest part for me is to refrain myself from incubating these things. X3 I have to plan things out so I don't get scroll locked with like, 7 hatchies or something. But I want them to grow up already~~

Sleep. They'll still be here when you awake.

That's true. It's not so much the adults that I want to be here for as the chaos when everyone finally sees the adults. xd.png

I think these dragons are uncommon breeds but hopefully not.

The turquoise one looks neat :3 Took me forever to catch one, but huzzah! I got it smile.gif

That's why you have to monitor them and fog as needed.

Sometimes easier said than done.

I got one, left DC for a bit, came back and it was sick. Not three hours old. So I fogged that one, and saved it.

Another, however, wasn't so lucky. It died far too fast. And while you might say you should just fog them every single time you leave DC, there really shouldn't be a need for that.

These newer breeds, like the last five releases or whatever, seem to sicken and die awful quick. Reds, pinks, whites, black--they never had this problem of dying. If anything, when I was new, the only thing they'd die of was intentional killing.

Instead, I have two dead new-brightly colored. dry.gif

Where the hell is the Heal BSA? What's with all the poke-stuff instead of dragon-focused stuff, like, oh, I don't know, DragonCave is supposed to be about?

Really, I don't care as much about when stuff is released as that we're waiting on stuff to be released and get useless pokemon stuff instead. This wasn't GPX last time I checked.

(And, yeah, poke-fans, go ahead and flame. -shrugs-)

I got one, left DC for a bit, came back and it was sick. Not three hours old. So I fogged that one, and saved it.

Another, however, wasn't so lucky. It died far too fast. And while you might say you should just fog them every single time you leave DC, there really shouldn't be a need for that.

These newer breeds, like the last five releases or whatever, seem to sicken and die awful quick. Reds, pinks, whites, black--they never had this problem of dying. If anything, when I was new, the only thing they'd die of was intentional killing.

Where the hell is the Heal BSA? What's with all the poke-stuff instead of dragon-focused stuff, like, oh, I don't know, DragonCave is supposed to be about?

Really, I don't care as much about when stuff is released as that we're waiting on stuff to be released and get useless pokemon stuff instead. This wasn't GPX last time I checked.

Actually if you left it off any fansites the first day I have never seen anything ( new or old) go sick.

If you really need to add them on the first day it´s your responsibility and I think every fansite owner strongly advises against it.

Well, the easy solution is to not add them to any view sites right away. You just wait a day or so, then add them.

I really don't see a need for a heal BSA, because if you're there and you see it's sick you can fog it, and if you didn't notice until it was dead, then it won't help anyway, since white dragons can't bring back the dead.

Also, the splash BSA is something a lot of us have been begging for because it would be lulzy for a long time, and the magikarp badge makes it funnier and stops people who are griping about a BSA that "doesn't do anything" from whining quite as much.

It's just not that hard to keep your eggs from getting sick, and although I understand it can be upsetting to lose an egg, you shouldn't take your frustration out on something that was meant to be lighthearted and funny, and act like it was something serious and awful and a waste of your time.

Actually if you left it off any fansites the first day I have never seen anything ( new or old) go sick.

If you really need to add them on the first day it´s your responsibility and I think every fansite owner strongly advises against it.

Yes, of course they do. I've seen that.

However, have you not seen the threads about "people are adding my eggs, and they died!"?

'Cause that's happening.

Personally, I wish there was a way that no one could enter in anyone else's codes. That'd make keeping them alive, without having to fog/unfog/refog every time you decide to go outside for once, a whole lot easier.

On the other hand, my friend's 5d2h egg got sick. So obviously it's not just the first day.

I usually keep them fogged until they're ER/nearly ER. That's the safest way to go about it.

And it's also the most annoying.

-shrugs- I'd just like to see the Heal BSA, or something that allows us one attempt to revive a dead egg.

We can do it for hatches and adults. Why not eggs, too? -shrug- Logically, it makes sense, if you're going to go about the whole magick thing in the first place.

I still have two sea eggs, a brightly-colored egg, and a brightly-colored hatch, thankfully. I can't wait to see the adults. I'm sure they're lovely. I'm already thinking up names.

EDIT to include Eruru:

I fail to see where my griping about losing an egg had anything to do with "taking my frustration out on" the magikarp-thing. Those were separate topics. Yes, I'm pissed at having lost an egg. But it's dead. Yes, I want the Heal BSA or something, but that's more because I'd like a site that's supposed to be dragons have dragon things. Not pokemon things. Honestly, TJ quit the Yoshi-dinos for copyright issues, so I fail to see where the magikarp badge is any different, but I'm not a lawyer.

Edited by rayemoon

Uh.. still some hours to go. Is it always this long?

I put mine in the sites almost ever on the first day. And until now I have not had any problems with softshell. Maybe it depends on what sites you choose?

However, have you not seen the threads about "people are adding my eggs, and they died!"?

'Cause that's happening.

Personally, I wish there was a way that no one could enter in anyone else's codes. That'd make keeping them alive, without having to fog/unfog/refog every time you decide to go outside for once, a whole lot easier.

On the other hand, my friend's 5d2h egg got sick. So obviously it's not just the first day.

I usually keep them fogged until they're ER/nearly ER. That's the safest way to go about it.

-shrugs- I'd just like to see the Heal BSA, or whatever it is that allows us one attempt to revive a dead egg.

We can do it for hatches and adults. Why not eggs, too? -shrug- Logically, it makes sense, if you're going to go about the whole magick thing in the first place.

I still have two sea eggs, a brightly-colored egg, and a brightly-colored hatch, thankfully. I can't wait to see the adults. I'm sure they're lovely. I'm already thinking up names.

Really I have never had such problems, usually I add them on the first day only if I can watch them closely, then I normally let them go sick on purpose but fog them right away.

Yeah I saw some of those threads but I really have no clue as to why people do such things. All I can say is that I go fine by adding them on day 2

Back on topic: I can´t wait to get home this afternoon because I know they will be grown by then laugh.gif

Umm, as far as dragons getting sick I have mine on three fansites (Egg Drop Soup, Silvi's Lair, Valley Sherwood) and they haven't gotten sick at all.

'Cause that's happening.

-shrugs- I'd just like to see the Heal BSA, or something that allows us one attempt to revive a dead egg.

EDIT to include Eruru:

I fail to see where my griping about losing an egg had anything to do with "taking my frustration out on" the magikarp-thing. Those were separate topics. Yes, I'm pissed at having lost an egg. But it's dead. Yes, I want the Heal BSA or something, but that's more because I'd like a site that's supposed to be dragons have dragon things. Not pokemon things. Honestly, TJ quit the Yoshi-dinos for copyright issues, so I fail to see where the magikarp badge is any different, but I'm not a lawyer.

White dragons are pacifists and specialize in extremely strong healing magic. The only limit of this magic is that it can't bring back the dead. They only eat plants and never kill living things.

People are breaking the rules if they add your eggs and you are not accepting aid, but unfortunately at this time there's not really much that can be done to make sure that doesn't happen.

Back on topic, only 9 more hours until TJ's dragons grow up.

Yes and that means I will be there again before they grow up *squeeeeee*

People are breaking the rules if they add your eggs and you are not accepting aid, but unfortunately at this time there's not really much that can be done to make sure that doesn't happen.

Only responding once to point out I am not stupid.

I get that you quoted the white dragon description because you're pointing out to me they can't bring back the dead. I'd say thank you, if in fact there were any reason for you to have done it.

To quote myself: "...heal BSA or something that allows us one attempt to revive a dead egg."

So I know, already, that white dragons can't bring back the dead, and that the heal BSA is to "save them from sickness" not bring them back. I got it, all right? That's why I said "something else" that might be able to attempt do so, since we, as magick casters in the actions page, can attempt to do so for hatches and adults.

Sorry, but I can't let it sit that people seem to think I'm stupid because they didn't themselves read my whole post, or else missed part.

On topic: I am quite excited for the new dragons. I know what one of them is already, having waited for it since joining. The other, I've no clue, so it'll be a pleasant surprise. I adore the hatchlings of both, and am quite looking forward to the adults. wub.gif

I'll have to think of proper names to do them justice. -ponders-

I really don't see why we should need a "egg-revive" action. I lost two new eggs because i didn't fog them but people should be able to take sick eggs on their own responsabilities. I mean if people feel the NEED to put the poor eggs on the fansites in the first minute after you get them...it should be their fault if they actually DIE.

I don't want any egg-revive action. really. i don't see it's use. huh.gif

Sorry for commenting but i cound'nt resist.

And....i don't see the differnece between the egg-death-ratio of the new eggs and the one of the older eggs. i had a pink egg death some weeks ago because i forgot to fog it and it just died like the new ones would. dry.gif it is just the fault of the person who doesn't fog them the first day. me in this case. xd.png