Jaako

Dragon Origins

I was thinking about this for a while, so here it is. Post your legend on how the first of a breed came about, such as the origins of the Red dragon, the first paper dragon, or the first Hellfire Wyvern. whatever you want, but do not make up random nonsense and spam everyone!

Also! Due to so many origin ideas, breeds can have more than one Origin Legend. They are legends after all biggrin.gif

Read these rules first!!!

This thread was originally made to be an easygoing talkative subject. Sadly, due to some... inappropriate off-subject content, I'm forced to lay down some ground rules.

1. Off topic matter such as (____, I really think you were mean to ____ last night on IRC) will result in a two day ban.

2. obscene matter (****ography, extremely questionable subjects) is against the actual TOS of DC and DC Forums, you might be banned from the actual site. 1 week ban

3. hateful comments on an Origin. Anyone can make another origin for the same breed. These are their own ideas, so if you don't like one, make another one of your own. Result of breaking this rule: 4 day ban.

Temp-ban:

none.

Perma-ban:

none.

Origins, work in progress:

Valentine's '09 ~Dr. Paine

Origin Legends:

Pebble/green ~rabbit153

Neglected ~Jaako

Zombie ~Jaako

Silver ~ArynChris

Vampire ~SaeginBlight

Magma ~Eljazo

Skywing ~soullesshuman

Shallow Water Goldfish ~Stealthypugs

Guardian ~Jadeye

Stone ~Umbee

Ice ~Infinis

Sweetling ~rabbit153

Holly (X-mas '07) ~Infinis

Snow Angels (X-mas '09) ~Dr. Paine

Purple (male and female origins) ~Purpletail162

Nocturne ~sir_horsey_XIX

Yulebucks (X-mas '08) ~Pinch of StarDust

Albino ~Kangaroowings

Gold ~jaytey

Awesome origins everyone!

Neglecteds:

An unhatched egg is sitting on a proud owner's scroll. It is a bright pink dragon's egg, and very happy. Everyone loved it. Until the new eggs appeared. Everyone wanted one, frantically trying to make room on their scrolls for the eggs. Earth dragons were forced to use earthquake, red dragons incubating overtime, owners killing or abandoning their eggs. The bright pink egg was tossed away by its owner, and practically forgotten. As time passed, other abandoned eggs started being adopted, except the bright pink egg. Finally, after weeks of loneliness, a human picks up the egg and brings it back to the scroll. There are many dead eggs, hatchlings, and dragons on this scroll. The bright pink egg feels scared, and is practically left on its own again. However, it was not about to give up. It found the strength to hatch, but into something no one had ever seen before. Years passed, and finally it grew up to adulthood. The first Neglected had survived.

Edited by Jaako

Pebble

There was a purple egg, that ONE owner had,keeping it away from everyone else, then they abandoned the purple egg,and it rolled down the hill and landed in a bush, nobody knew what happened and just went on as if it never happened, THEN the egg was surrounded by Rocks and pebbles, so the hatchling inside changed a bit and the egg changed into a green color, when he hatched he LOVED pebbles and rocks. Then as he started getting older he realized what his purpose was, to care for the earth.

biggrin.gif

Sunrise: thanks :3

rabbit153: nice idea, it makes sense biggrin.gif

Zombie

There were once two brothers, a kind, caring dragon caretaker, and a crude, jealous miser, who treated his dragons as soulless property. The caretaker had hundreds of healthy dragons, all strong, happy, and gentle. Even his HellFire Wyverns would allow humans to approach and play with their hatchlings. His brother however, hated him for his ability to tame his dragons. The miser decided to destroy the one thing that his brother loved. During the night, the miser left his home and slayed all his brother's dragons. When the caretaker woke the next morning, he was horrified at the sight of the massacre of his beloved dragons. He sank to the ground, sobbing. Moments later, one of his magi hatchlings, who had hidden from the miser, crept out of hiding and nestled against the caretaker. She whispered in his ear, telling him there was a way to revive all who had died, but at the cost of his own life. The caretaker begged her to do so. The magi used her magic and the caretaker's life force to resurrect the dead dragons, however, she was not able to heal their wounds. The undead dragons, with the thirst for revenge, charged the miser's home. The miser was horrified of these monsters, who would not die, no matter what he threw at them. The dragons exacted their revenge, avenging their caretaker.

From then on, Zombie dragons sank to the ground in the light of the sun, but rise again to roam the nights, avenging the dead, and mourning the loses of their kin.

Vampires:

An egg, abandoned at the entrance of a cave, stood solemnly alone in silent vigil under the light of the moonless stars. Its parents, siblings, aunts and uncles and beloved family all slept behind it among piles of riches within the dark chasm. Maybe it was a pink, or a gold, or simply a plain white egg to begin with; none of that mattered as a shadow, human shaped, flowed out into the open, black-on-black, and surrounded the egg. A young vampire, as voraciously hungry as it was inquisitive, flashed eyes soulless and bright in the dark as it contemplated a quick meal of dragon's egg and the possible consequences of it.

A decision was reached without a sound, and fangs glinted sharply as they reared, then plunged through the egg's hard shell. A squeal of anger at the lack of blood, and the shadow vanished, leaving the night as soundless as it had been. Nothing was different than it had been ten minutes ago, but for the rotten odor rising from the bitten egg. In the morning, the egg would be simultaneously discovered and abandoned, left to grow up with out parents. And years later, a dragon-shaped shadow would sink fangs into another egg, and the cycle would renew itself. Thus were the Vampires born.

-------

Whatcha think?

Neat idea!

*puts on thinking cap* Must... contribute...

Shallow Water Goldfish

There are those people in DC who give their dragons permanent mates. Now, sometimes these dragon keepers take into consideration the wants of the dragons, but usually its only their dislike which gets any attention. All it takes is a pretty lineage, and suddenly two dragons are thought to be perfect for each other. One such dragon keeper had recently attained a magi and a water. Both these eggs were hatched, grown to adults, and paired with their 'perfect match'. The problem was, that this magi and this water loved each other, not their assigned mate. They longed to have a child, but knew that if a magi or a water egg popped up in their masters cave all of a sudden their master would be suspicious, and do some research. So the pair consulted a few dragons, tried a few charms, pondered a few nights, and then decided to take the risk. TJ must have had pity on them, so the egg that was laid became a breed never seen before. The egg was orange, like the magi, and yet was obviously fishy, like the water. When the master found it, he was so baffled by this novelty that he didn't bother researching its origins. And so became the Shallow Water, out of pity.

Eh... I should be able to do better...

Edited by Stealthypugs

Skywing:

Once, the endless skies were only a desire. No dragon could stay aloft for long enough to enjoy the wind in their wings permanently. It was the envy of all dragons. During this time of great desire came a great lord of dragons, his name lost to the scrolls of time. This great lord sought the skies with his dragons and so he made a competition for the best female flier and the best male flier. These two he assigned to mate, and their children would similarly mate with those most aligned to the winds. This lord, too, desired to fly but he knew, and all knew around him his limitations. However, so great was his spirit that the dragons respected him. When his human life began to burn away, his last breath was upon a newly laid egg, a blessing before he passed away. The hatchling inside was born with wings and seemed to be alike the clouds in the air.

Thus, the skywing first tasted wind.

Magma:

A single bright pink egg sits atop a large mountain that stretches into the sky. It's parents circle above it, protecting their precious child from danger. Bright pink dragon numbers had been dropping, and this egg had to survive, for the sake of it's kind. When the time came, a small crack appeared in the egg, growing larger by the day.

Suddenly, the ground started shaking violently. The eggs parents saw that they where in danger and dived down to grab their child, but where blinded by an explosion of black smoke and dissapeared. Desperate cries came from them, muffled by a deep rumbling. All of a sudden more black smoke burst from the mountain, followed by charred rocks. One hit the egg and left the small dragon inside bruised. A river of liquid flame lifted the egg up and swept it away, hurtling down the mountain. The dragon didn't know what was happening. It could feel itself slowly dying, cooking alive. It knew what had to be done. With a mighty push it kicked its way out of the egg, which had turned black. It didn't notice the danger it was in until a wave of magma came tumbling down upon it. The young dragon roared with pain as it's scales and flesh burnt away. In too much pain to do any more, it almost died, but something burned within it, stronger than any liquid fire.

It had to live.

The young dragon struggled, but managed to break free from the flaming river. It grasped onto a rock and pulled itself to safety. Then it collapsed.

When it awoke, everything was quiet. The mountain had stopped rumbling. Everything was charred and black, but the dragon was alive. It slowly stood up and looked at itself. The pink scales it had once had where gone, replaced by blackened flesh. Magma clung to the few scales that still remained, but it didn't feel the heat.

And so the first Magma dragon was born.

Edited by Eljazo

Silver:

Long ago in an Asian land, where dreams and reality sometimes blended in the mists of mysticism, an aging monk had a pet ferret called Lala. Lala was his pride and joy. Sleek, sweet, comforting, always curious about the world around her, the monk went nowhere without her in his pocket or on his shoulder.

One day, the monk was traveling into a great city to bring news of a prophesy, one that spoke of a great wonder emerging to bless and bring great luck to the people. While there, he stopped to watch the work of a silversmith... but as the monk's attention was diverted, little Lala slipped out of his pocket and let her curiosity got the better of her, getting too close to the forge and falling into a bucket of molten metal. Thought both the monk and the smith gave out a great cry and tried to save her, it was too late-- the heat itself had cooked her alive in seconds, and the silver had hardened around her form forever. The smith, greatly sympathetic to the monk who had brought such joyful tidings, did what little he could; he painted Lala's little spine with pink gilt and set her on a little stand so that she looked to still be alive and in motion, as if she might at any moment leap into the monk's hands to comfort him in his last days.

This was small comfort indeed to the monk, though he appreciated the gesture, and the grief of losing his only companion so far from their home broke his ancient heart. As he passed away that night, the monk dreamed a great and mystical dream, as monks are occasionally known to do. In this dream he saw Lala on her little stand, all coated in silver and pink, and the monk cried. Yet, as he watched, little Lala shook herself awake and did, indeed, leap off the stand. In his dream, the little ferret grew larger and larger until she was a beast of great size and beauty, then licked the monk from head to toe until his habit and skin came right off his flesh, revealing him as a beast of similar size and coloring. Though the transformed monk felt naught but fraternal affection for her, and would never consider his old pet and companion as a mate, he nonetheless felt kinship with her and vowed that they would never part.

The morning sun burned away the mists of dreaming, and over the city that next day there flew a great, silver and pink beast with a kind look. The former monk flew much higher in the clouds, looking on-- it was Lala who was a true lucky blessing, not only on the people but on him, and it was right that she be the wonder spoke of in prophesy. Thus did dreams and reality become one, and thus were the first silver dragons born.

Edited by ArynChris

Thanks to all contributors!!! <3

SaeginBlight: Pretty good, it makes sense too :3

Stealthypugs: Different type of theme, also good biggrin.gif

soullesshuman: yet another excellent origin 8D

Eljazo: gripping tale D: read it twice (poor hatchie)

ArynChris: all i can say is... you are an excellent writer :3

Calling Snow Angels/Valentine's '09 biggrin.gif (I have ideas, but I'm writing up something else at the moment...)

@ArynChris: Wow, that's a great tale! Perhaps you should submit it as the description for one of your silvers?

Guardian

Once there was a time when dragons and humans were separate. Wild dragons roamed free to hunt and raise young. A particular hatchling, Peter, was not able to hunt no matter how much he tried. His family gave up on him and left him alone close to the human boarder. He got angry and on revenge he broke the dragon code {no dragon is to cross the boarder, or be seen by humans} and headed to a small town on the base of a mountain. He spied on the humans and stole some food. One day, he saw a screaming little girl being taken by a bunch of men. He memories which way they gone. The next day the house where he usually gets an easy meal at had nothing for him, so did the next. Frustrated and hungry, he attempted to hunt, but no luck like usual. He notes the humans have been everywhere, probably looking for the little girl, so Peter set out to find her. On the top of the mountain was an old looking house. He sniffed the air to find out the girl was inside. 2 men were out guarding the house and a 3rd was inside keeping the girl quiet. Peter got on the roof and took the first guy out in a flash, and then the second guy struck his tail with a knife cutting the end off. Peter yelped in agony but quickly took out the second guy too. The 3rd guy was running with the little girl to the edge of the mountain. Peter flied over in an instant and took the little girl from the guy causing him to fall off the mountain. Peter carried the little girl back to the village and the people was so happy, they thrown him a feast and mended his tail. They add a giant shield like end to his tail made of tough metal like scales and that was the birth of the guardian dragon.

This idea is fantastic ! It really ties well into the Dragcave toys that theyre doing.

~Links Removed~

I really think there should be more breeding RP's. contact me if you guys want to get something started.

<3 <3

Edited by _Z_

I agree about the silver one, it's really good! biggrin.gif

This looks like its gonna be an interesting thread.

Yeah I love how Kurai really puts so much thought into make then design fit perfectly. It's like it was MADE for that particular dragon. I wasnt sold on the Yulebuck at first, but it kinda grew on me and I love it now.

~Link Removed~

is really HAWT as well, but It dosent looks so much like the DC vampire anymore so Im on the fence about that one. Still pretty though. so so pretty <3

Edited by _Z_

Wow, all of the stories are amazing! I'll try to find some time later and, hopefully, make one for a dragon. smile.gif

Edited by emmaiskewl

Yeah I love how Kurai really puts so much thought into make then design fit perfectly. It's like it was MADE for that particular dragon. I wasnt sold on the Yulebuck at first, but it kinda grew on me and I love it now.

~Link Removed~ is really HAWT as well, but It dosent looks so much like the DC vampire anymore so Im on the fence about that one. Still pretty though. so so pretty <3

Can you stop posting this kind of horrible links? I don't think it's allowed to.

I see a penis over there. I don't think younger people would appreciate.

Awesome descriptions here guys :3

Edited by _Z_

Can you stop posting this kind of horrible links? I don't think it's allowed to.

I see a penis over there. I don't think younger people would appreciate.

Awesome descriptions here guys :3

It's made by the actual site artists, so it;s completely legit. If you dont like it, dont look. LOL it's not hard. Im personally a huge fan of Dove and Kurai and I LURRVE anything they create!

I don't caree if it's legit or not. Some kid may not know what it's about, and may click it. If it contains something bad, please at least say it.

And i don't know why you're posting such a link here :x

Stone:

Many centuries ago, in a land far from this one, there existed a great kingdom known for its mages and scholars. The people here lived in peace, until another, more powerful kingdom invaded. The most skilled of the mages tried to defend their land, but it was of no use; the invaders were too strong. It wasn't long at all before everyone just gave up. Well, mostly everyone. One city was still trying its best to resist attack. However, one of its wizards knew it would not last much longer if drastic measures were not taken. He had an idea, but it would take far more power than he was able to handle. So he gathered his fellow magic users, and told them of his plan.

True to the wizard's prediction, it only took a few more hours for the army to break through the city's defenses. As they approached the center of the city, they saw a crowd gathered around an enormous stone dragon statue. The statue suddenly became engulfed in a bright light, which faded away only a few seconds later. At first it seemed as if nothing happened, but then the statue twitched a bit, and began hesitantly moving its wings. The mages hurried out of the way, their work done.

Months passed. News of the great stone dragon spread, causing other cities and towns to create their own. Though slow, these beasts were powerful, and so they easily defeated the invaders. Even today, those legendary stone dragons still live, and are treated as sacred by the people of the mage kingdom.

It's made by the actual site artists, so it;s completely legit. If you dont like it, dont look. LOL it's not hard. Im personally a huge fan of Dove and Kurai and I LURRVE anything they create!

There's a reason it's not on this site. Just because it's "legit" doesn't make it appropriate for this site.

How is anyone supposed to know not to look if you didn't even give some kind of warning?

~

Topic itself is cute. You all are so creative. <3

Ice:

Many ages ago a lone white egg was stolen from its nest by a curious human. This human lived in the North, though, where everything was cold and icy. Nor did this human know what kind of egg this was. So he took it back home with him.

As the human's life went on, however, he forgot about this white egg. One day he accidentally left it out on an a piece of ice after he went fishing.

The egg sat there for days, collecting ice until it eventually had icicles hanging off of it. The egg also turned blue from the cold.

When the human who found the egg finally remembered, he ran back to find his egg, only to be surprised by the changes it had undergone. He was further surprised when the egg hatched in front of him-a small blue dragon hatchling that had ice covering it.

Thus the first ice dragon hatched into being.

Sweetling

Once there was this white hatchling, he was always hungry and always was very playful, so then his owner was going away, and the owner gave him to his friend, and the friend didn't know how to take care of it so he just gave him sweets, lots of pink sweets, and then the hatchling ate soo many sweets and he started turning pink, then he loved sugar and wouldn't eat anything except sugar, and then his owner but a brand on him, a little heart.