RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

My crush liked me since 2012 while I liked him for 1.5+ year(started in July 2013). Last year, he removed his birthday from his Facebook profile so on the day of his birthday(which was late Dec), when I checked my birthday notifications, he was not shown among the other Facebook friends whose birthdays fell on the same day as his. Several days before that, I already noticed he was missing from my Facebook friends' birthday event list. The previous years, he would be present so I sensed that he hid his birthday.

For the whole day on his birthday, I did not wish him happy birthday on Facebook even though I long knew it was his birthday(when I wished him in 2013 he did not reply and I got a feeling if this time I were to post on his Facebook wall, I might be the only person doing so which would be embarrassing). I only wished him a few minutes after midnight(which was late) via Whatsapp. He immediately replied and thanked me. I expected my msg to get last seen or not replied to at all, like how he did not reply to my birthday wish along with the others the year before.

A few days ago, I shared a 9GAG page's post on my wall reading: 'Once you delete your birthday date from Facebook you realize no one gave a censorkip.gif about you.' My crush stalks me on Facebook via notifications(possible) and likely seen that post. IDK if that offended him cos on his birthday, we saw each other online but I did not wish him till the end of the day as if I had forgotten about his birthday due to no notifications. When I visited his Facebook wall, nobody wished him happy birthday there and I did not want to be the only person wishing him happy birthday there.

He pretty much knew that I silently stalk him on Twitter as a visitor cos I do not use Twitter. Recently, he chatted up a girl(who is my current classmate whom he knew I knew her) on Twitter. They were both in my polytechnic's soccer team and did not chat with each other on Twitter for months ever since the girl(who also crushed on him) freaked him out by befriending his high school friends(he was the only mutual friend), talking and asking them about him. She also questioned and spoke to him to the point that he became uncomfortable and once asked her, 'What do you want from me? Why are you so nice to me?' Things got awkward between them and they supposedly ignored each other when they sat tables away from each other during break. Now, they are suddenly back to chatting with each other on Twitter after a few months hiatus. Did the Facebook post which I shared had anything to do with that? Did he somewhat get pissed with it although I don't see the reason why he would when I was just reposting.

Edited by S9429183F

No ones answered my question? No one knows? tongue.gif

Edited by ChocolateIzzy

Did the Facebook post which I shared had anything to do with that? Did he somewhat get pissed with it although I don't see the reason why he would when I was just reposting.

You can really only know this by asking him. If you like him so much, why not communicate with him more? Talk with him if you feel like talking to him! Stop trying to read his mind and just communicate. All good relationships (family, friends, romantic, etc.) are based on good communication.

No ones answered my question? No one knows? tongue.gif

You should quote your question if you're bumping it. ;3

Unfortunately, I don't do screen recordings, so I can't help. Sorry!

However, I found:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/...ree-in-windows/ (sounds like record from speak may be built-in and microphone is outside??? maybe?) download: http://camstudio.org/

http://en.softonic.com/s/on-screen-audio-recorder

@ Izzy

My experience is with recording game fights, but I have yet to see a program to record a 'sound' that bypasses the speakers.

I may be out of date, but as far as I understand, a program sees a user hit button and sends data to the graphics card that displays the sword moving on the monitor. Simultaneously it sends data to the sound card that makes the swoosh noise through the speakers. The data will just be data until the sound card decodes and speakers generate the 'sound'.

So yeah, you need something to generate the sound in order to record it.

@HorseChick - could be a number of breeds. Main Coon, straight up tabby/mutt, and Ragdoll come immediately to mind. If it ends up ginormous as an adult, probably Ragdoll.

@Izzy - What kind of video are you recording? If it's a Youtube video or something, there's software out there just for that purpose. If it's some kind of game video, then there's also software for that, too. Just google 'Youtube capture software Mac' or'Game video capture Mac', and see what pops up. Just don't download from any sites that look shady (Hint: avoid any site with any mention of WAREZ).

@HorseChick - could be a number of breeds. Main Coon, straight up tabby/mutt, and Ragdoll come immediately to mind. If it ends up ginormous as an adult, probably Ragdoll.

Tabby is a type of marking, not a breed.

HorseChick, it's likely a mixed breed, but it does resemble my maine coon a bit. Ragdolls normally have a specific coat color, but they do have some similarity with your kitten. :D

So I've been taking school classes to learn French, however I've been having a really hard time keeping up. I'm currently in French 4, which is the second highest level class you can take. Prior to this I had taken Spanish 2 and stopped there because I became a bit disinterested (though I am now but that's not really relevant laugh.gif ). When I'm writing or trying to speak in French it's going through different languages I know (Vietnamese, English, and Spanish in that order) and I think it's why I take A LOT longer to gather up the right words and tenses. I especially have harder times with words like "cafe" which is a word in all of the languages mentioned above (English seems to be more like a place while in the other 3 it means coffee so there's stuff like that too) which stumps me a couple or so seconds. I am fine with thinking it in my head, but for example today I was trying to say,

" Nous parlons un peu , mais j'aimerais parler avec Henri plus parce que j'aime parler a lui . "

Translation: We talk a little, but I would like to talk with Henri more since I like to talk to him.

and only got to "j'aimerais". I had it fine in my head (except I forgot "a little" so just a little mistake xd.png), but when I went to say it out loud it began translating back and fourth all over and I guess I felt the pressure of needing to speak that I couldn't. It ended up with me having to double check with more than one of the languages I knew the word I was looking for in and then totally forgetting the word. >__>; Oddly when I speak in French I mix it up with my Spanish with words like "minute and repeat". When I'm speaking in English, Vietnamese, and Spanish I never mix words around in different languages, but again with French I mix some Spanish words in without realizing it. It never works the other way around where I'm speaking Spanish and a few French words pop out. "Number" can also have the same spelling/speaking in both languages (though there are a couple of other ways to say/spell it in French) and immediately after I say it I double-check if that was Spanish/French. I usually immediately think it's Spanish or I keep checking back and fourth and come to the conclusion it's Spanish, though I have been getting better at recognizing it as French. I also just now noticed that I can type out French a lot better than writing it out. xP

TLDR; is there anything free online or applications that I could use to help me with my French? I have tried to do some studying online, but those often have VARIED answers AND explanations. I tried doing flash cards and those aren't helping very much. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. >___<;

Edited by Saynna

Tabby is a type of marking, not a breed.

HorseChick, it's likely a mixed breed, but it does resemble my maine coon a bit. Ragdolls normally have a specific coat color, but they do have some similarity with your kitten. biggrin.gif

My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Saynna - Languages are great, but the more languages you learn with a lot of crossover (English and the romance languages, forexample - French, Spanish, Italian), it often makes things more difficult, rather than easier. I guess hammering away at it, and really trying to focus on drilling the grammar and such into your head is probably the best thing to do. Sorry I couldn't be more help sad.gif

are there lilacs in the nordics?

Do you mean lilacs in northern parts of the world or Scandanavia?

We have lilacs in Interior Alaska. We aren't too far from the Arctic Circle.

Do you mean lilacs in northern parts of the world or Scandanavia?

Lilacs as in the plants? There are plenty of lilacs in Sweden, Norway and Finland. Not the very northermost parts, but southern and middle parts of the countries? Common enough almost anywhere where humans are.

TLDR; is there anything free online or applications that I could use to help me with my French? I have tried to do some studying online, but those often have VARIED answers AND explanations. I tried doing flash cards and those aren't helping very much. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. >___<;

My roommate has been using Duolingo to practice her French and she seems pretty pleased with it.

I've tried out the German lessons myself and from what I've seen it lets you chose the level you want to start at and takes you through various types of exercises: translations, pronouncing certain words/phrases, writing and gives you little tips and explanations for every exercise/mistake.

So I just adopted this cutie:

user posted image

Can someone tell me,which breed is it?

Cat.

My roommate has been using Duolingo to practice her French and she seems pretty pleased with it.

I've tried out the German lessons myself and from what I've seen it lets you chose the level you want to start at and takes you through various types of exercises: translations, pronouncing certain words/phrases, writing and gives you little tips and explanations for every exercise/mistake.

Ooh, I'd been planning to start learning German again so I took a look at that and I really like its approach smile.gif Thanks for the recommendation. It's a bit too easy so far but that's probably because I started with the basics even though I have a GCSE in German.

So I just adopted this cutie:

user posted image

Can someone tell me,which breed is it?

Tabby domestic cat. A very pretty one. But a mutt.

Thanks for the suggestion Isuzu! smile.gif Haven't seen you in awhile, hope you're doing fine. smile.gif Thanks again for the suggestion and have a good weekend happy.gif

How long does it usually take for 503 errors to get resolved? I've tried since 4 am (it's almost 2 pm my time now) to do things on fanfiction. Posting reviews, faving stories, I can't even go to my options menu in order to access my PM's or to manage any reviews or update chapters for my stories. (Thankfully I don't have any ready to be updated, because I'm be even more agitated then I already am).

I just want to know what could be going on with the site. :/

How long does it usually take for 503 errors to get resolved?

Sadly, the answer is pretty much "as long as someone bothers to fix it on their end".

Sadly, the answer is pretty much "as long as someone bothers to fix it on their end".

H'oh boy, and being the weekend it might take a while. Hopefully I'm not the only one dealing with the problem which hopefully means it might be fixed before the weekend's up.

Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated. ^^

I can't even get to the login page there - it's definitely not just you.

That really sucks. I wonder what the heck's going on. I'm glad I can still read the stories that are on there, but as far as everything else, I keep hitting a brick wall.

What does CB mean for the dragons?

That question should really be in the "Tiny Little Questions" thread in the Site discussion section, since this thread is for non-cave questions, but CB stands for 'Cave-Born' which means the dragon was caught in the cave and not bred from other dragons. wink.gif

I've helped out with a lot of stuff at work, fund raising lunches for other coworkers when something happens like a death in the family or hospitalization/people battling Cancer etc.

As a thank you for putting so much effort in and recognition thing one of the really nice big bosses sent a lovely note with a gift card of a substantial amount.

It's really awesome, except it's a gift card to Home Depot. Since work started buying our tools for us last year, I haven't spent ANY money at a home improvement store. Seriously. I rent an apartment, so I don't even have a home to necessitate a depot. Seriously, I can't even have a garden where I live. The last thing I bought was a $2 container of African violet food about 8 months ago, and I only have one African violet...

I think I'm going to get taxed on it too, since it's an incentive of far more than $25.

Can you think of any polite way I could give it back?

I think they have a limited selection of cards.

Otherwise I'm going to be stuck seeing if someone wants to buy me out I guess. Or swap for something I could really use like Amazon via local Facebook sales/trade groups. Or give a friend's husband a really good birthday gift I guess. He is a contractor and Would use it in 5 minutes.

I really appreciate the thank you. I feel like a jerk about the card, but I could actually really use that much value for a lot of other places so it's sort of a bummer too.