RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

How does the bank deposit slip or any kind of slip make a duplicate copy? For my bank, it makes a blue mark at the duplicate copy. It doesn't seem to work like a carbon paper. Carbon paper relies on friction and would make a mark on any surface that is under it.

The second slip would be marked only if the first slip is above it. The above slip will only make a mark on the bottom slip. I tried wiping the second slip using the first slip. There, it makes some blue prints. I tried doing the reversed but nothing seems to happen.

Okay, recently I've been having weird "Predictions". It's happened 3 times so far. Basically what happens is my mind wanders and I think about something, and it happens. First time was when I was at a speech competition. We were down to the 2nd to last person speaking, and I started thinking "If he wasn't here we could get on to the last person". Right after thinking that, the judges said he wasn't there as he had pulled out, and at the time I just thought it was odd. Second time was when I had finished watching a Dr Who episode, and I began thinking the Xbox 360 edition of Minecraft should have a Dr Who texture pack/skin pack. I looked in the game marketplace, and what did I see? "New Minecraft Skin Pack: Dr Who". Third time was when I was playing a video game match and began thinking about a special bonus match thing you'd get sometimes. What happened? I got it. This is..weird unsure.gif . Are they all just coincidences, or can I make stuff happen with my mind? If this happens again then...I dunno.

Edit:

Good god, it just happened again. I was looking through the cave and began thinking about eggs with all number codes and how they're relatively rare. 5 seconds later... I found this.

sad.gif What is happening to me...

Edited by C88

Does anyone know if this mantis is real or fake? Google isn't helping...

Okay, recently I've been having weird "Predictions". It's happened 3 times so far. Basically what happens is my mind wanders and I think about something, and it happens. First time was when I was at a speech competition. We were down to the 2nd to last person speaking, and I started thinking "If he wasn't here we could get on to the last person". Right after thinking that, the judges said he wasn't there as he had pulled out, and at the time I just thought it was odd. Second time was when I had finished watching a Dr Who episode, and I began thinking the Xbox 360 edition of Minecraft should have a Dr Who texture pack/skin pack. I looked in the game marketplace, and what did I see? "New Minecraft Skin Pack: Dr Who". Third time was when I was playing a video game match and began thinking about a special bonus match thing you'd get sometimes. What happened? I got it. This is..weird  unsure.gif  . Are they all just coincidences, or can I make stuff happen with my mind? If this happens again then...I dunno.

Edit:

Good god, it just happened again. I was looking through the cave and began thinking about eggs with all number codes and how they're relatively rare. 5 seconds later... I found this.

sad.gif What is happening to me...

I've had these and I know it can get pretty scary when it happens over and over in a short period of time. For me it was just a phase that soon passed and you're most likely experiencing the same thing, just a bunch of coincidences. Next time you catch your mind wandering try to imagine something ridiculous happening, then you'll know if you're a wizard or not. tongue.gif But really though, it should go away.

Edited by Booo

Does anyone know if this mantis is real or fake? Google isn't helping...

It's completely real. Idolomantis diabolica, or the Devil's Flower Mantis.

Question, who makes those generation names like "baby boomers", "Generation X" and "Millenials"?

I see the complete list online but haven't found the answer as to who makes them.

Are these names applicable to only the USA or to other countries as well?

There isn't a defined group or person that names them. The names sort of come into public consciousness by being coined and then used repeatedly. In some cases they can apply to other countries, but not really all. Baby Boomers were Baby Boomers not just because of when they were born, but because of the socioeconomic factors surrounding that time period. Other countries aren't the same in those regards.

Dropping by with a quick question that I hope is in the right thread...

I'm planning on eventually getting a New 3DS since my old one is beginning to wear out a bit, not registering button inputs etc, and I was trying to figure out some SD card stuff but the internet's bailing on me and won't load any unfamiliar sites.

So I shall ask here.

I'm planning to use some 3DS games exclusively on the New 3DS (Monster Hunter 4U) and continue to play others on my old 3DS, but when it finally dies for good, how can I transfer its SD card data to the New 3DS? Is it as simple as just being able to take the card out and insert it into the New 3DS and bam, job done, or does it require a bit more work than that? If so, what do I do?

What does "Magi" mean in regards to DC? Is it just another word for magic?

In regards to DC, it is a dragon. There are two types it may reference, and if you're asking in regards to the current Christmas event, it may reference the Winter Magi. The Winter Magi is the Christmas dragon from 2011, which is an entirely male breed. I'm not entirely positive if it is referencing them, so I'll list the other "Magi" breed too.

The other possibility is a Magi, an orange dragon capable of teleporting eggs through the use of a BSA (breed specific action) called teleport.

This is a Winter Magi: link and this is a Magi: link

Or I could be completely wrong and it's used as a plural form of mage instead of mages. I've confused myself, just ignore me as I exit stage right. laugh.gif

Edited by VampiricOmen

Magi can also mean the plural form of mage or magus. Magus is the older word while mage is a new English word. Mages became the more commonly used plural form for mage but magi is also acceptable.

In respect to DC. It's either those dragons that VampiricOmen stated. We don't use magi to refer to human in DC... as of yet. (Although I'm part of Magistream and they call people their magi.)

Question, who makes those generation names like "baby boomers", "Generation X" and "Millenials"?

I see the complete list online but haven't found the answer as to who makes them.

Are these names applicable to only the USA or to other countries as well?

I know it's half a month late but,

We use those names in Australia. Although I've seen Gen Y used in reference to those born between (approximately, seems to change with every website I look at) 1980 and 2000, not Millennials. The only time I really see them referenced is on quiz shows where different generations compete and on news shows. I have no idea what the generation born after 2000 is called here, and I'm not going to hazard a guess either.

If I remember correctly, Generation X = baby boomers and Generation Y = Millenials. So, they are just alternative names.

Magi can also mean the plural form of mage or magus. Magus is the older word while mage is a new English word. Mages became the more commonly used plural form for mage but magi is also acceptable.

In respect to DC. It's either those dragons that VampiricOmen stated. We don't use magi to refer to human in DC... as of yet. (Although I'm part of Magistream and they call people their magi.)

I should have specified that I actually meant Magi as an element. It seems odd to me that DC would choose to call it Magi instead of Arcane because like you said, Magi are users of magic, not the magic itself.

I should have specified that I actually meant Magi as an element. It seems odd to me that DC would choose to call it Magi instead of Arcane because like you said, Magi are users of magic, not the magic itself.

the elements according to the encyclopedia:

http://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/elements

I found it quite a bad name, and still think so.

the alchemy game merely used those already described by whomever wrote that piece.

--- eta ---

it pretty much looks to me like TJ did this a while back, and never bothered to look for better names/elements now. Because it seems quite unbalanced, even though there are neutral elements in it.

Edited by whitebaron

I have an urgent question:

I just found a newborn kitten who was neglected by his mother.I need urgently a formula to feed him,and I don't have many stuff here.

Please answer-It's urgent!

I have an urgent question:

I just found a newborn kitten who was neglected by his mother.I need urgently a formula to feed him,and I don't have many stuff here.

Please answer-It's urgent!

Where are you? In the USA most pet stores will carry kitten formula. Powered is best IMO because you can mix up a little at a time and it stores much longer then premixed. If you don't have that goats milk is good, most grocery stores carry it now. Cows milk isn't normally recommended, it can be hard on the kittens stomach. Some people recommend adding a bit of yogurt to the milk for the good bacteria.

You will need to provide heat for the kitten, a heating pad is best. But make sure it is only on half the box/crate/whatever you are using so that the kitten can get away from the heat if needed. Also after feeding you need to gently stimulate it to defecate/urinate. Use something soft and get it damp then use it to rub the belly down to the genital area like a mother cat does to clean the kittens. This is very important, they will not eliminate otherwise and it will kill them. It will need to be fed every three hours if it is a newborn. It's a lot of work, trust me I've been there.

ETA

Human baby formula can be used short term, mixed double strength. But for the long term you really should get kitten milk replacer. If you can find a rescue or someone that has experience raising orphaned kittens that would be best. Raising orphans is a lot of around the clock work.

Edited by annageckos

Hello, yes, I'm trying to get a lab report done over here and MS Excel (2003) is giving me a hard time. Or rather, I'm giving myself a hard time over it. Is there anybody at all who knows what they're doing better than I do?

See I have this graph:

user posted image

And basically I need to put a trend line in, to show the linear trend for HCl, HBr, HI. But since HF is there with its hydrogen bonding and a much higher melting point than it's supposed to, it obviously screws with the line when I try to add it. Is there any way to exclude that one point, so the trend line goes from HCl to HI? Am I making any sense???

(Also, is there any way I could add these little captions to the points in Excel itself, instead of having to edit it in PhotoFiltre? dry.gif All it can do is listing the x,y values for the points. I have eyes, I can see that on the axes. Jeez)

Edited by Orlageddon

Hello, yes, I'm trying to get a lab report done over here and MS Excel (2003) is giving me a hard time. Or rather, I'm giving myself a hard time over it. Is there anybody at all who knows what they're doing better than I do?

See I have this graph:

user posted image

And basically I need to put a trend line in, to show the linear trend for HCl, HBr, HI. But since HF is there with its hydrogen bonding and a much higher melting point than it's supposed to, it obviously screws with the line when I try to add it. Is there any way to exclude that one point, so the trend line goes from HCl to HI? Am I making any sense???

(Also, is there any way I could add these little captions to the points in Excel itself, instead of having to edit it in PhotoFiltre? dry.gif All it can do is listing the x,y values for the points. I have eyes, I can see that on the axes. Jeez)

Excel is a little silly. To get a trend line for just your last three points, create a new line from just those points on the same graph. Then you can select that line and create a trend line for it. You can change the symbol and just do no fill in format data series so it doesn't look weird.

As for labeling points - yes. Add the default data labels. Click to select them all. Now just click on one. You should be able to hover over it and get the little text bar for typing. Click again so you can actually type in the space. You can either individually just type in the label you want OR if you've put the labels you want in your own column, you should be able to do something like =C2 in the equation bar (this is the one part I can't test myself to make sure it doesn't work; I'm on a Mac). Repeat for all the rest of the labels.

Excel is a little silly. To get a trend line for just your last three points, create a new line from just those points on the same graph. Then you can select that line and create a trend line for it. You can change the symbol and just do no fill in format data series so it doesn't look weird.

As for labeling points - yes. Add the default data labels. Click to select them all. Now just click on one. You should be able to hover over it and get the little text bar for typing. Click again so you can actually type in the space. You can either individually just type in the label you want OR if you've put the labels you want in your own column, you should be able to do something like =C2 in the equation bar (this is the one part I can't test myself to make sure it doesn't work; I'm on a Mac). Repeat for all the rest of the labels.

OOH! Makes sense, I think I've got it now. Thank you so much, that really helped. :3

(Guess I shouldn't rely on Excel's default options quite so much, and try being a little clever instead xd.png)

Good Lord, grant me patience. Is there a way to stop receiving spam messages in e-mail. The e-mail pretends to be the address of a Yahoo! Group of which I am a member of. Scenario: I am part of Seniors1112 Yahoo! Groups. The sender would have a similar address but the domain isn't Yahoo! I cannot block the e-mail address since there are multiple senders who come as different names or different variants.

Well, I solved this now. With further investigation, I realised that it's being sent to the groups itself. I simply cut off my ties with the group. It's an old group so I can afford to do this. I can't believe some idiots would give spam messages. I receive like twice a day! dry.gif I hate spam bots- they make the spider connections and sending multiple times to multiple recipients easier.

Edited by georgexu94

My computer has been acting really odd recently. It keeps trying to delete stuff. blink.gif

When I'm reading an email.. all of a sudden, it starts deleting it , word by word, really fast, until the whole email is gone. Then it works through my Inbox, and deletes everything there. They're sent to my Deleted Items box, but when I try to undelete them, it says 'Are you sure you want to permanently delete these emails'. And I have to click on 'No', 'No', 'No', 'No', 'No', 'No', so many times. Then, a few seconds later... 'Are you sure you want to permanently delete these emails'. unsure.gif

In my Favourites list, if my mouse hovers over a link, it asks 'Do You Want To Delete This', and again, I have to click on 'No', time after time. Sometimes it deletes the link without even asking me.

When I try to type posts, both here, and in other forums, it keeps deleting what I write.

This is driving me crazy! Every virus scan (I have Bullguard) I run, comes up clean.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Or how to stop it?

Thanks in advance.

It could be you might have some form of malware or virus. Do you have any anti virus/malware protection? I realize I missed the virus scan part xd.png Or maybe something is wrong with your keyboard? Have you tried to google it? Edited by AnanoKimi

First step: www.Malwarebytes.org . Download the free removal tool there and run a scan on your system.

If it's still infesting your system after that,then you'll need to resort to stronger programs. Combofix is a personal favorite of mine, but it's one that you need to be very careful in using as it can bork your system if you screw it up.

EDIT: When you run the scan from Malwarebytes, you'd probably do best to reboot your computer into Safe Mode - it will disable all non-essential process, and make things easier. It's usually something like F8 or F5 pressed repeatedly while your system boots, and should bring up the Windows boot options. Safe Mode with Networking is what you'd be looking for.

Edited by Omega Entity