RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

Does anyone know why image hosting sites delete your images randomly, and they're no longer available for some reason? It keeps happening to me and I need a way to prevent it.

Unless the image somehow breaks their TOS or maybe is getting too many views I don't really know why they would remove it. It could be an issue on their end. Have you tried other image hosting sites such as Imgur?

Hmm, I read their TOS and everything, and I'm sure that I didn't break any rules. It probably didn't get many views either- I find that image hosting sites delete my images after a while, but I just don't know why.

Thanks, I'll try Imgur.

@Fightandspawn: I do too. Well, you can perhaps put up a poll by making a new topic but search first if there are already existing posts. It would be easier that way to see how many people.

Does anyone know why image hosting sites delete your images randomly, and they're no longer available for some reason? It keeps happening to me and I need a way to prevent it.

Hmm, I read their TOS and everything, and I'm sure that I didn't break any rules. It probably didn't get many views either- I find that image hosting sites delete my images after a while, but I just don't know why.

Thanks, I'll try Imgur.

Many of those sites recycle URLs if you don't have an account and just upload as a guest. There's been that issue a few times with old Dragon Request images and people's signatures getting changed to weird things. You didn't mention how long before your images get deleted; it's usually at least 6 months, I think, before a URL might be recycled. Perhaps the specific site you're using is deleting the images after a particular length of time, in order to reuse the URL later? If you don't want to get a permanent account you should probably keep the image saved on your computer to reupload later if it gets deleted.

Edited by Dimar

Thanks, Dimar. I've only had it uploaded for a week or so, though, and images I uploaded before then are fine. Thanks for your advice anyway, it'll be handy for the future.

Alright, I'm getting really annoyed here.

You know the confirmation popups you get on cave for abandon and such and the popup you get for deleting a post on the forum? If I restart my computer, these work fine for a little bit (maybe a few hours)? After that they get stuck. I can't press the button, I can't move tabs, I can't refresh the page. I have to close the laptop and open it again and it will have loaded just fine - the action goes through and the popup disappears.

I can't figure out what is causing this stuck and it is hecka annoying to have to close my lappie to get things to load when I'm trying to inluence and incubate my eggs. =_=

I'm on a Mac Airbook 10.9.4, FF 31. I don't have anything but FF up. I did try a virus scan when this first started and found nothing. I have tumblr savior, adblock, checkfox, session manager, and xkit. This problem is recent and doesn't line up with the download of any of those addons, but perhaps something is too out of date. I haven't tried disabling any of them because I use them all. =X I'm hoping someone else knows something to try before I start disabling addons to see if any of them are at fault.

Perhaps you need to update your browser? I would say you should do a hard refresh but I'm going to assume you've already tried this. If that's not it try updating your addons before disabling them entirely. Adblock especially may be at fault if it's out of date, because it may be mistaking your popups for something else. That's all I got, though :I

Also, has anyone had a device put in their mouth to fix an overbite? It consists of two springs that connect my jaws that are attached to my teeth and it is ridiculously uncomfortable. What is worst, though, is how the springs keep pinching my cheeks! Has anyone had a device like this in their mouth before, and, if so, how did you keep it from tearing your cheeks to shreds!?

Perhaps you need to update your browser? I would say you should do a hard refresh but I'm going to assume you've already tried this. If that's not it try updating your addons before disabling them entirely. Adblock especially may be at fault if it's out of date, because it may be mistaking your popups for something else. That's all I got, though :I

Also, has anyone had a device put in their mouth to fix an overbite? It consists of two springs that connect my jaws that are attached to my teeth and it is ridiculously uncomfortable. What is worst, though, is how the springs keep pinching my cheeks! Has anyone had a device like this in their mouth before, and, if so, how did you keep it from tearing your cheeks to shreds!?

Everything is already as updated as they can be. Some of the addons (checkfox mostly) haven't been given updates in a while, though, so I'm wondering if it's just not as compatible anymore. Be a shame because it's super useful. (I can highlight a whole page and checkfox will check all of the boxes.)

~

I've not had anything like that, but when I had braces, they gave me wax that is meant to be put on the sharp parts of the metal in your mouth so that the wax rubs against you instead of the metal. You can also find this wax in the store usually next to the floss and stuff. You might also try talking to your orthodontist and see if they have anything else to suggest. D:

I am using google chrome and the font changed to one I don't really like as it doesn't look good on this forum and I cannot change it. I tried to change it in the settings - restarted chrome - restarted my computer - disabled my addons - checked for malware and reset chrome. Nothing worked.

Is there any other way to change it?

Edited by crazyflower

I am using google chrome and the font changed to one I don't really like as it doesn't look good on this forum and I cannot change it. I tried to change it in the settings - restarted chrome - restarted my computer - disabled my addons - checked for malware and reset chrome. Nothing worked.

Is there any other way to change it?

Do you know what the font is? When you tried changing the font, did the font in the settings show the font you changed it to or the font you don't like? Are you sure it's the font and not just the size/zoom level? (Tried control+0 just in case?)

~

Update on my situation. I have had checkfox disabled for about a ay. Was doing fine and thought that was it, but went to do a check before I posted and nope. Frozen again.

How do you pronounce Stralle? I can't find the official pronunciation for this name. If you find it, please indicate it is the official pronunciation. If there really isn't, then let's see how people pronounce it. So how do you (personally) pronounce it? (Indicate in your answer to clarify whether it's official or your own)

I pronounce it as /strey-li/. Others might say /stra-lee/ so yeah...

Also, the name Liam? I myself say /la-yam/.

I couldn't find the pronunciation either.

I would pronounce Stralle as 'Straa-l' if that makes any sense. To me, there's no 'lee' sound at all.

As for Liam, I pronounce it 'Lee-am'.

Don't know if it's right, but that's how I read it.

Edited by MedievalMystic

For Liam, that's how it is really pronounced. /li-yam/. I searched for audio of it even.

The other name, I suppose some writer made up the name because I can't search it.

If it's meant to be English or from an English-like language, le at the end of a word almost never makes a "lee" sound.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

If it's meant to be English or from an English-like language, le at the end of a word almost never makes a "lee" sound.

ohmy.gif Oh... New information! So, how do you pronounce it (Stralle) then? Personally I mean.

Probably the same way that MedievalMystic did. A long-a sound and no vowel at the end. Straal, as she put it.

Le at the end of the words usually isn't voiced with a vowel. Take the words little, style, able, apple, etc.

The other name, I suppose some writer made up the name because I can't search it.

If it's from a book, there may be interviews on Youtube and other similar sites where the author mentions the names. If the writer made up the name, it may follow the pronunciation rules of a different language.

Hey, I know this is a really weird and personal question, but I just have to ask: why is it odd to shave your arms? I know DC spans across multiple countries, but here in America my friend insists it's not normal that I shave my arms. I have asked multiple people, and I'm getting varied opinions. Some think my friend is the weird one and that it's perfectly normal to shave my arms, while others agree with her and say it's a socially awkward habit. No one seems to be able to give me a good reason why it's weird, though! Is it just some silly unexplained taboo I wasn't aware of until now? Because my arms tend to get a peach fuzz at the speed of light and it makes me uncomfortable to walk around feeling like a persian cat. I do like cats, honestly, (surprising, right?) but I don't want to feel like one, especially on the two most important appendages on my body.

Hey, I know this is a really weird and personal question, but I just have to ask: why is it odd to shave your arms? I know DC spans across multiple countries, but here in America my friend insists it's not normal that I shave my arms. I have asked multiple people, and I'm getting varied opinions. Some think my friend is the weird one and that it's perfectly normal to shave my arms, while others agree with her and say it's a socially awkward habit. No one seems to be able to give me a good reason why it's weird, though! Is it just some silly unexplained taboo I wasn't aware of until now? Because my arms tend to get a peach fuzz at the speed of light and it makes me uncomfortable to walk around feeling like a persian cat. I do like cats, honestly, (surprising, right?) but I don't want to feel like one, especially on the two most important appendages on my body.

I find all shaving but facial hair a little odd, tbh, but I know plenty of people who shave their arms here in the USA. All of them have darker arm hair and thanks to stigma that says girls and women shouldn't be hairy even though we're mammals, most all of them shave because they are embarrassed of that hair. Since it's dark, it's easier to see than my own blonde hair.

For whatever reason, we don't talk about shaving our arms as much as we talk about shaving our legs, but you are by far not the only one I know to shave your arms. Your friends who say it's socially awkward are being a bit silly and probably have light colored hair themselves. They also probably don't realize that more people than you that they know shave their arms and they just never even realize it since not many people own up to it.

I have a reeeaaaal good question.

Why do so many people go to the zoo when they couldn't care less?!

Why did that one kid come to the zoo JUST to try and kick the chickens (whilst their mother laughed and took a video of it on her phone)? Why did those adolescents come when they never looked up from their phones? And why, oh why, do you walk up to me and the snake just to give it a disgusted look and walk away? Why did you go into the butterfly garden JUST to throw pebbles into the pond? Why did you try to smuggle the goats out from under the fence?

And no, that isn't a camel. It's a llama. No, the emus are NOT big chickens, ma'am. No, sweety, that's a goat, not a puppy. No, this three foot long snake isn't going to eat you. No, those are New Guinea Singing Dogs, not wolves.

I also appreciate you yelling at me because YOU think that you should be able to touch the butterflies, carry your beverage through the farm, and pick up the baby goats. Oh, not having your stroller is inconvenient? Try chasing a goat around, trying to get your diaper bag back. Oh wait...I had to do that. Not you. sleep.gif

Please don't put your child into the pig's stall. HE IS A PSYCHOPATH. HE WILL BITE YOU FIFTY TIMES IN THREE SECONDS.

No, you can't hold the snake. Yeah, go ahead, try to yank it out of my hands again. Who cares if you squash its internal organs? It's not like your MOM cares, she's too busy texting.

I LOVE MAH JOB. I can't say that louder or with more sincerity. But some of the IDIOTS OMG. I don't mind when people come IN with misconceptions and without knowledge. I DO mind having a five-year-old yell at me because I told him off for slapping the goats in the face. Or the people that legitimately don't give two craps about learning. And the incompetent parents.

Entry fee. Please. PLEASE. FILTER OUT SOME OF THE STUPIDITY.

Thanks, Sock. It's reassuring to know I don't have to be judged for having yeti arms ^^

And igloo, I understand what you're saying. No, I don't work at a zoo, but I know the category of people you're talking about. The kind that think they can do whatever they want and then wonder why they can't, say, park in front of a bus. I'm sorry, but you're getting honked at for a reason. It is a BUS STOP, not a free waiting space. (Don't even get me started on some of my family members. You are an adult, you can't just call my little sister gross, allow your children to mock her, and walk away like it's okay.) I'd just suggest ignoring them, and asserting yourself when you need to. Maybe you can't use direct force, but if you go into stern mode and show them they can't just frolick around like it's a candy store they'll be a little more sensible. That said, there's no cure for stupidity. Some people you just have to wave off and continue on. Maybe in the future humanity will have just lost the gene for moronic attitude. We'll probably always have idiots though.

Also you have a really cool job and I envy you so much...

Edited by Psycho Cat

For those who watch Japanese anime, or especially Japanese, I have some questions regarding terms. If you could put up how to write it in Japanese (and kanji which is to say Chinese), that would be better.

1. Oba-chan = grandma

2. Obasan = ?

3. Nee-chan = ?

4. Sobo = ?

5. Sama = ?

6. San = ?

7. Chan = ?

8. Kun = ?

9. One-san = ?

Please, if there are same meaning but different terms, can you clarify when you use which?