RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

Quick Question: If you could dump one color of glitter from a plane, what color would it be?

biggrin.gif Pink! Hot pink. Oh, I so wanted to pretend that the Fairy Princess visited a place and dumped all those glitter. ninja.gif That would be my story if someone asked what happened and why the bright pink glitters all over.

I've recently decided to maybe start spriting again and I'm having a problem with PS (CS 5)

The magic wand tool is supposed to select a color and all areas of the same color in the image yet it's only selecting the area I click on and that's it:

user posted image

I could really use some help with this as it's really making it difficult to get anywhere with a sprite. I have checked and the colors are the same and I have googled an explanation, but can't find one. The dark outline is on another layer so it's not getting in the way of the color selection but the slightly lighter area within the blue line is.

I don't know if I'm on the right topic but may I ask what short story was that about many different weird things about different cities and all turned out to be just one city, namely Venice?

I remember there was a description of The City of thread where everything is tied to ropes. The city is practically inter- looping ropes with hanging things.

Not sure how the response to this will be. You see I like weddings. I always wanted to be in one when I was little. I dreamed of being the flower girl. But everyone dismissed me and told me I wasn't good enough for that job. Ugh. stupid people. Oh well, Now I am a maid of honor. And I finally got my wish to get to be in a wedding. however I hit a snag.

My bride to be has no internet next so I have to do the looking around. It's a Halloween themed wedding, the color scheme is apparently black and orange. So I need help finding stuff. Halloween costumes, cakes, decorations and all that. Also the budget is small so the cheaper the better. Can you help me out?

Side note, anyone else wanted to be in a wedding ever?

I don't know that I can help on your first question, but I can answer your second.

I have been a bridesmaid in a wedding before, and it was a lot of fun. I would love to be in another, but I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to.

pretty much I am just asking for anything Halloween for the first one. you know like Halloween themed cakes, Halloween themed dresses, wedding dress that would be Halloween type, Halloween decorations, Halloween invites, etc, etc.

Also, that is freaking great. It has always been a dream of mine since I was very small. I never pictured myself as a bride, but as a bride's helper.

I have never even been to a wedding before but I am good at decorating and stuff like that. You can make the cake look halloweenish. (Ill add more when I can get on my computer

Sorry all I'm thinking is a theme for a halloween party, not reallyy sure if its classy or not xP

btw I have school tomorrow so I won't be able to get on and do anything else with this until like 4 in the after noon

Edited by Spottedleaf

I've recently decided to maybe start spriting again and I'm having a problem with PS (CS 5)

The magic wand tool is supposed to select a color and all areas of the same color in the image yet it's only selecting the area I click on and that's it:

user posted image

I could really use some help with this as it's really making it difficult to get anywhere with a sprite. I have checked and the colors are the same and I have googled an explanation, but can't find one. The dark outline is on another layer so it's not getting in the way of the color selection but the slightly lighter area within the blue line is.

Haven't used PS CS5 before, but I have used PS CS3. I don't sprite either, but hopefully this helps.

user posted image

Have you got a bar that looks like the above? Is contiguous selected, or unselected?

With contiguous selected, the magic wand only selects the same colours if the borders are touching, so that could be the problem you're running into.

The wedding has eyeballs and such, when I say classy Halloween I mean, nice fun. Nothing slinky or sick or too much gore. we already vetoed a cake that was dismantled body parts.

I don't know if I'm on the right topic but may I ask what short story was that about many different weird things about different cities and all turned out to be just one city, namely Venice?

I remember there was a description of The City of thread where everything is tied to ropes. The city is practically inter- looping ropes with hanging things.

Searched everything but can't find it. *consoles myself*

To answer your question, Summa...sure you can. If you don't value your job.

Quick Question: If you could dump one color of glitter from a plane, what color would it be?

Neon orange! Everything should be orange.

What is it called when you convey something by negating the opposite of its meaning? Like implying something is difficult by saying, "It isn't the simplest thing in the world."

What is it called when you convey something by negating the opposite of its meaning? Like implying something is difficult by saying, "It isn't the simplest thing in the world."

Isn't it just negation?

Isn't it just negation?

Just figured it out. It's called litote, haha.

A Google search for classy halloween wedding turned up some stuff - don't know about budget but maybe some ideas? For example:

http://blog.theknot.com/2012/10/19/halloween-wedding-idea/

http://www.thepinkbride.com/classy-hallowe...ng-inspiration/

http://www.pinterest.com/futuremrsl3/elegant-halloween/

Thanks that helps. I love people helping me out. like I said the bride doesn't have the internet so I am doing the leg work in finding stuff. please can any of you keep me posted if you find something you think would be awesome at a Halloween wedding?

Just figured it out. It's called litote, haha.

tongue.gif Oh, I didn't get what you were asking. Glad that you found it out.

Does anyone know why image hosting sites delete your images randomly, and they're no longer available for some reason? It keeps happening to me and I need a way to prevent it.