RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

The belief that it happens to everybody though is just an old wives tale, same as playing in the rain, or staying out too long in the snow.

Colds are viruses and bacteria, so unless you're sleeping with somebody who has a cold, wet hair probably isn't going to do anything to you.

Actually, depending on the state of your immune system and whether you have antibodies against that specific strain of cold virus that someone else has, you can even french kiss with them and not get sick. It really depends.

Edited by lightbird

My maid stole my mobile phone SD cards(1 Kingston 512MB, 1 Nokia 64MB) from my jewellery drawer while I was too busy with my polytechnic life to notice. I noticed my SD cards missing from the drawer when I checked it after a month of shifting the cards there. My family members were unlikely to take my SD cards so my maid was the prime suspect.

When I asked the maid if she had seen the SD cards, she said she didn't and that she only cleaned my drawer and never took anything. She claimed that maybe someone intruded into my room and that she would check the drawer again(what's the point of checking when the cards are not there). The maid was full of excuses when I asked her to find them for days. Last, last Sunday, my mother questioned her if she had anything to hide or done anything dishonest, she confessed to having a smartphone but denied taking my SD cards. I knew from what my mother told that she used the SD cards for her smartphone.

On that day, my mother and I gave her a chance to 'find' the SD cards she took from me. She pretended to search my room and 'found' the Kingston 512MB card. While she was 'searching' my room, I saw her smartphone in her room and checked for the SD card inside but found a 2GB SD card(not mine), leading me to think that she was not using the SD cards after all. When I inserted the card into my phone, the card was empty, erased. I at first though the card was damaged but when I used a data recovery program to scan the card, I retrieved nude/erotic selfies of the maid. It dawned on me that she indeed used my SD card to take dirty photos then reformatted it. The maid said that she would find the Nokia 64MB SD card some other day.

The maid was stalling finding for the Nokia SD card. Last Tuesday, I left the house for the whole day so she could find the SD card. Before that, I specified the details of the SD card to her: Its a Nokia SD card, 64MB. At the end of the day, she presented me with a Kingston card(with its printed details scrapped off and so damaged it could not be scanned into my com or my phone) posing as the Nokia SD card. I did not buy her scam and accused her of taking my SD cards in front of my mother. The maid got agitated and asked if I had proof that she took, bursting into tears. i did not reveal her nude photos at that time. After the dispute, I 'apologized' to the maid for accusing her but she just ignored me, being the drama queen that she is. I revealed my discovery to my mother that night and she found out the maid's true colors.

At that time, my father was overseas and my mother intended to wait for my father to return then settle the maid. I spent the last few days putting up with the maid's presence, wary that she might try something funny. I did not bring up the Nokia SD card to her lest she gets agitated again and kick up a fuss. Our relationship noticeably soured.

Last Thursday, after i came back from the market, the bogus SD card the maid gave me disappeared from its adaptor. She took it back. Despite my family guarding against and suspecting her, she still has the gall to snoop around our rooms and do sneaky things.

On Saturday morning after my father returned from his trip, my mother brought the maid to her room for questioning, revealing that we saw her nude photos(proof that she took my SD cards). She denied taking the cards, claiming she found the Kingston card she returned to me near the washing machine then used it and that she didn't see or take my Nokia SD card which was a lie(they were taken from my jewellery drawer by her). She told me that she found the bogus SD card in my room and that my room is messy, I don't use my SD cards anyway which was none of her business. I have never seen such a thick skinned person in my life who despite knowing of the evidence against her, deny and distort the truth.

Yet again, I have to be irked by the maid's presence in the house(right now I hate her, want her gone but only so she could one day cough up what she stole from my family). My mother and brother also noticed their belongings going missing from their rooms one by one. When my brother asked the maid about his missing T shirt, she just found and gave him random T shirts. My mother and I also noticed some of our cosmetics missing. I assume for quite some time, the maid had been stealing things from us which we do not notice due to our busy lives but this time, I can confirm that she indeed took my SD cards, thinking that I forgot about them or do not take note.

After the confrontation by me and my mother, I found my maid's smartphone lying around her room(2nd time I saw her phone) with no SD card inside. Ever since she found the Kingston card containing her erased nude photos, I never saw her phone; she prolly kept it on her. I figured out she wanted to fool me into thinking that she did not have my Nokia SD card again, now that we know of her nude photos.

I just don't get it. Why can my maid return my Kingston 512MB card but not the Nokia 64MB. I noticed the compatibility difference between the Nokia and Kingston SD cards. The Kingston card contents could be viewed and manipulated(eg delete) on any phone but not the Nokia card. When i inserted my Nokia SD card into my phone(before the maid stole it), its file displayed(containing the name Nokia) had no contents; the contents were not viewable. The Nokia SD Card came with my Nokia 6233 keypad phone which I got in 2006 hence older than the Kingston card. It is possible due to the complication of manipulating the Nokia SD card that the maid refuses to return it? After all, she could have used the card for dirty purposes(which I highlighted to her).

The maid still insisted on using her smartphone(which my mother disapproved of) after she confessed of having it. She also said that if she stole, she would go to jail which is an irony. Given her being thick skinned, scheming and deceitful, I wonder if I could ever get my Nokia SD card back and whatever she took from my family members. How do we get the maid to confess to her thefts when she still denies her wrongdoings even she knows that we have evidence?

I suggested to my parents letting the police handle her since they are busy with their company work but my mother brushed me off and did not see the need to. My mother said that despite her thefts, the maid contributed to the house and obeyed her; it is her duty to do so, being our maid?? To sum up, my mother's stance softened and is starting to go easy on her, even take her side. She said that I was too insensitive, bitter and going crazy over my SD card and reminded me of the times when I used to be close to the maid, often chatting with and confiding in her. I indeed was on good terms with her before I found out she stole and her true colors. How can we go easy, empathize/sympathize or use the soft approach on such a person? Are we simply going to let her get away with what she did? We gave her chances to own up and find our missing belongings but she took us for granted. Right now nothing is more important than bringing that crook of a maid to justice and making her cough up whatever she stole. But that would be tricky. Any advice?

P.S. Sorry for the long post and rant. This has been bugging me.>.<

That was interesting to read. Threaten to report her to the police. Tell her she has one chance to give back everything or you'll report it. I mean, don't really do it. just threaten her.

Edited by Melomancer

That was interesting to read. Threaten to report her to the police. Tell her she has one chance to give back everything or you'll report it. I mean, don't really do it. just threaten her.

Idk if the police would look into this matter or it would be too petty to be considered a police case..>.<

^ And judging through the story, she won't take the threat too seriously as she can fabricate tales if she needs to. She won't feel threatened in any case.

^ And judging through the story, she won't take the threat too seriously as she can fabricate tales if she needs to. She won't feel threatened in any case.

Ikr. No need to waste our breath making her confess since she won't anyway.

Alright. I delayed posting this because this is such a delicate topic. I think your mom isn't actually siding with the maid. She's just telling you to stop complaining because she's worried that the maid will leave. That would mean that she would have to hire another. And believe me, it's a hassle to do so. Probably just to lazy to get use to another. I know, because my mom says that. She would say "she's (referring to our helper) good already- and it's hard to find someone like her. So don't complain".

Anyway, hope that your Nokie 64 MB would turn out.

Edited: Just a crazy theory I have. They also might be afraid to report to the police because if they show the photos as evidence to the theft, the maid might fabricate stories about being sexually abuse- using the photos as evidence. It's your card after all. ohmy.gif What detective stories am I making?

Edited by georgexu94

Alright. I delayed posting this because this is such a delicate topic. I think your mom isn't actually siding with the maid. She's just telling you to stop complaining because she's worried that the maid will leave. That would mean that she would have to hire another. And believe me, it's a hassle to do so. Probably just to lazy to get use to another. I know, because my mom says that. She would say "she's (referring to our helper) good already- and it's hard to find someone like her. So don't complain".

Anyway, hope that your Nokie 64 MB would turn out.

Edited: Just a crazy theory I have. They also might be afraid to report to the police because if they show the photos as evidence to the theft, the maid might fabricate stories about being sexually abuse- using the photos as evidence. It's your card after all. ohmy.gif What detective stories am I making?

Thanks, but I doubt the Nokia SD card will make it back in 1 piece. Actually my mother intends to change maid but haven't found a suitable one yet. She plans to buy a ticket for the maid back to her homeland but too busy. I agree with the maid leaving, but not with our stuff she taken. My whole family knows of her wrongdoings but could not get her to own up or too soft hearted or busy(like my parents) to deal with her.

Haha. Maybe. Who knows what stories she can cook up? Sexual abuse would be too far fetched. She took her photos on her own accord, can't pin the blame on any of my family members.

Can someone help me identify a song? I heard it in a clothes store I was today, and it got stuck in my head. I can't find it on the Internet. The lyrics I remember are "You're marching like a soldier" and "In a neon cathedral, I will be your leader, I'll take you through the light".

Can someone help me identify a song? I heard it in a clothes store I was today, and it got stuck in my head. I can't find it on the Internet. The lyrics I remember are "You're marching like a soldier" and "In a neon cathedral, I will be your leader, I'll take you through the light".

I cheated, and looked it up. But, hey, I've got the answer!

"Neon Cathedral" by Macklemore

I cheated, and looked it up. But, hey, I've got the answer!

"Neon Cathedral" by Macklemore

It's not "Neon Cathedral". If you look up the lyrics, what I wrote does not appear in those lyrics. Besides, the song was quite rhythmic, Macklemore's song isn't.

Thanks, anyway.

Was it possibly Ben Ivory? I can't find anything with the actual lyrics and the only video I found is of a live concert so it's not the best quality, so it's hard to tell the lyrics.

Both the lyrics you remember got me nothing on google and I went through several neon cathedral songs and none seem to be close to the lyrics you provided. :<

^Thank you for taking the time, but it wasn't Ben Ivory, either. I went through all his songs earlier. sad.gif And yeah, Google didn't help me either.

I have a question about crafting in TF2...

When you craft something, it says "Crafted by [name]", right? Does it stay like that forever? I've never crafted anything aside from metal.

Just wondering if it's worth crafting a hat or something. I'd rather it didn't say "Crafted by" on it. ._.

What could be the best ways of calming down. I've been somehow easy to anger recently and well, irrationally. And that is saying something because I rarely get angry.

What could be the best ways of calming down. I've been somehow easy to anger recently and well, irrationally. And that is saying something because I rarely get angry.

Hmm. Well, I would say to make some nice, hot tea. A flavor or type that should soothe you. I have a tea flavor called Tension Tamer, so you could find something like that. If you don't like tea, then just breath really deeply, in and out. I know that a lot of people say that, but it really helps. I get angry a lot when I'm stressed about something, so you might be stressed out. Think about everything big or small you've been doing, like maybe preparing to go to a concert, or something like that. Maybe you're stressed about it.

Now, I got a question of my own. A question that'll seem really silly. But literally, I don't have a clue on what to do. I made a pie using tofu. I wanted to surprise everyone after they tasted its deliciousness and tell them it was made from tofu. But it tastes bad, and everyone wants to eat it. I've made one excuse so far. But I need more help!!! How do I hide a pie? (see? I told you it was a silly question!)

Now, I got a question of my own. A question that'll seem really silly. But literally, I don't have a clue on what to do. I made a pie using tofu. I wanted to surprise everyone after they tasted its deliciousness and tell them it was made from tofu. But it tastes bad, and everyone wants to eat it. I've made one excuse so far. But I need more help!!! How do I hide a pie? (see? I told you it was a silly question!)

Well, you can always say you left it in the oven too long and it burned. smile.gif Then try again when no one is around... You could try making mini pies until you find the perfect recipe variation. smile.gif

Hmm. Well, I would say to make some nice, hot tea. A flavor or type that should soothe you. I have a tea flavor called Tension Tamer, so you could find something like that. If you don't like tea, then just breath really deeply, in and out. I know that a lot of people say that, but it really helps. I get angry a lot when I'm stressed about something, so you might be stressed out. Think about everything big or small you've been doing, like maybe preparing to go to a concert, or something like that. Maybe you're stressed about it.

biggrin.gif Well, I love tea- all kinds and it's soothing. Thanks. sad.gif However, I was asking something that is instant. Sometimes it takes time I know but I need something that would soothe me in an instant in case I do something stupid. I guess breathing and counting. smile.gif Thanks!

biggrin.gif Well, I love tea- all kinds and it's soothing. Thanks. sad.gif However, I was asking something that is instant. Sometimes it takes time I know but I need something that would soothe me in an instant in case I do something stupid. I guess breathing and counting. smile.gif Thanks!

The deep breathing type methods can be super helpful, yeah. Visualization and mindfulness stuff also.. like trying to put your thoughts on things that are around you to try to ground yourself.

Also maybe something like pure lavender essential oil, or an all-natural blend (this is an example of blends although I haven't tried that company so I can't talk about the quality) might help.

I would say that if there's been a big change in your mood patterns, getting that checked out by a doctor could be a good idea, as changes like that can point to underlying medical problems.

So, I have a question. How do you really define a deity as a god or Titan in Greek mythology. It's really confusing. I mean the gods are the children of the Titans but some children of the Titans are Titans. And while we're at it, Gaia is the personification of Earth and Uranus is the personification of the sky. However, they aren't considered as gods nor Titans. So what group of deities are they?

Umm.... What the heck is a Quasar? Everything that I can find explains it in way too much detail, so I don't even know what I'm reading.

Umm.... What the heck is a Quasar? Everything that I can find explains it in way too much detail, so I don't even know what I'm reading.

According to wikipedia, it is the centre of a galaxy which has a lot of energy, therefore producing a lot of radiation.

My physics dictionary tells me that they are objects which have a lot of red shift (so therefore produce electromagnetic radiation) and are starlike objects, but are not stars. Scientists believe they are either the centre of a galaxy which has a lot of energy, or a supermassive blackhole that produces the radiation by absorbing stars and gas clouds. (Supermassive black hole is apparently more likely.)

Edited by Emeraldmay

Hmm anyone have any tips for GAINING weight?

I've lost a lot of weight and I haven't really been eating much at all and it's worrying. Anything I could eat that's not absolutely unhealthy but can help me gain maybe 10 lbs? I weight around 105 right now and I'm 5'3". My bmi is like, 18.6 and anything below 18.5 is considered underweight, I don't want to lose too much or anything.