RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

I know I asked this before, but I'd like to know the real or semi-real reason behind the ninja emoticon. Why does it have the code

:ph34r: 

Some forums have the code as

:ninja:

*shrugs*

According to the Urban Dictionary, it is "l33t-sp33k for fear (also spelled ph33r)"

ph=f

3=e

4=a

r=r

Therefore, ph34r = fear = ninja.gif

Hope that helped! smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

@LumosSeeker148: smile.gif Ah, thanks for that information. Well, one learns something new everyday.

user posted image

Oh noes! Better save up your files that you can still recover. I don't know how to fix this. Resetting it would erase everything and revert it to how it was when you first bought the phone.

Aww, that's bad :/ I was hopeful that I had found a solution with the reset button. D:

Thank you very much for your answer smile.gif I will do the backup as soon as possible.

Because you're supposed to fear ninjas.

laugh.gif So I guess this answer was accurate after all.

What's going on with fanfiction.net? It normally loads on my computer no problem, but for the past twenty minutes it refuses to load. I have a harder time loading this site than fanfic. Is it down for maintenance or something? All other sites load just fine.

Down for me as well. http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/fanfiction.net says it's down. Maybe server troubles or some blip. Maybe something like maintenance (but I think most people that do planned maintenance close the page with a message as to what's going on). I guess we won't know until it comes back up. x3

Ah, I see. Glad it wasn't just my computer, though it would go along with the day I've been having. I just checked about a minute ago and it's up and running again. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. ^^

hello, do somone grow Muscadine Grapes Vitis rotundifolia(or also named Muscadinia rotundifolia)?

sadly here in europe I didn't find any who grow or sell this grape

Edited by Seiti

I am not sure if it is exactly that type, but we do grow muscadines, and we have some growing wild on our property.

hello, Muscadine Grapes fruits are what I have read often bigger than "normal" grapes and the fruits are not so many together in a grape. It can also be that you have a Muscat grape who have a similar name

hello, Muscadine Grapes fruits are what I have read often bigger than "normal" grapes and the fruits are not so many together in a grape. It can also be that you have a Muscat grape who have a similar name

Are you talking to me? I am quite sure we have muscadines. I live near an area that is a big producer of muscadine wine, not to mention am in where they grow naturally. You are right in that they are bigger than regular grapes(the domestic one we have is bigger than the wild ones), and don't cluster like traditional ones.

Edited by Nectaris

yes I am talking to you, but now I see my fault I read bit too fast your text

I stuck on this text line "I am not sure if it is exactly that type" and the next text "but we do grow muscadines" I strangely overread

I originally started this topic, because maybe somone could send me a plant.

but I have informed me now about the import conditions. Sadly vine plants have an import ban. sad.gif Permitted only with special authorization.

I've been thinking to buy seeds. Do somone know how long it takes until seedgrown plants start first time to bloom?

I originally started this topic, because maybe somone could send me a plant.

but I have informed me now about the import conditions. Sadly vine plants have an import ban. sad.gif Permitted only with special authorization.

Where do you live? Maybe someone can find a seller on Google.

Where do you live? Maybe someone can find a seller on Google.

hello, I live in Austria

Edited by Seiti

hello, I live in Austria

I couldn't find anything by Google. sad.gif

Maybe contact a plant store and ask if they have any kind of grapes or know someone who's selling?

Anybody here had a root canal done? Can you tell me what, exactly, it's like?

I might end up needing one and I really just hate dental work so much...

I haven't had one done so I can't speak from experience. What I would recommend is calling your dentist and speaking with someone there, just asking them what you asked us. I have to get one done soon and I called a dentist office, and I wasn't a patient there but was able to speak to the receptionist about it and she was able to tell me some helpful info about how it would be. She was very nice and reassuring and hearing the info from her really helped me a lot. Unfortunately I don't think I can convey very well anything to you beyond what you'd be able to find just looking up good info about root canals, and I think hearing it from someone professional might be more helpful than just general info.

Before you call you could look up dentists in your area and look at websites, and see if any of them have a reassuring feel. This particular dentist that I called had a webpage that talked a lot about being there for people who had fears about the dentist, and speaking with the receptionist I really got the sense that this was important to them. And I was honest with her about how I was feeling and my particular worries, and just knowing some info that was particular to my situation was so helpful.

And know that a lot of dentists will do sedation dentistry, so if that works for you that could be a good option over being awake for the procedure.

I'm sleep-deprived so probably rambling a lot, and this might not be helpful advice to you but I wanted to share because being in the same situation with the root canal I know what it can be like to face something that seems so huge and problematic.

Best of luck!

Well, got it done--it didn't hurt a bit, and while it's sore now it's nothing compared to the way the tooth hurt before! It just takes a loooong time for the numbing stuff to wear off, and it's incredibly potent.

Well, got it done--it didn't hurt a bit, and while it's sore now it's nothing compared to the way the tooth hurt before! It just takes a loooong time for the numbing stuff to wear off, and it's incredibly potent.

Lucky soul. Those I know who have had root canals found it the most painful of experiences ever (and one of they had given birth three times, so they know a few things about pain!). It's also why I didn't comment to begin with.

That's strange. You shouldn't feel anything at all during the process.

Certainly having teeth removed I could feel what was going on - it may not have been painful but I could feel/hear the bone-on-bone crunching and tugging.

Certainly having teeth removed I could feel what was going on - it may not have been painful but I could feel/hear the bone-on-bone crunching and tugging.

This has been my experience before and I was very happy that it took years before I had to have dental work a second time -

- and that time I didn't feel a thing. I didn't even feel my face.

I have to say, I find both feelings extremely weird.

That's strange. You shouldn't feel anything at all during the process.

There's no way you can get a root canal done and not feel anything at all during the process unless you are placed under a general anesthesia.

At the very least you will feel it when they inject the nerve blocks to help make the rest of the procedure as painless as possible, but the lidocaine itself can be quite painful until it actually begins to take affect.

In my case, they were never able to fully numb the tooth they were working on, even when the dentist injected a block directly into the root cavity. It was over an hour of excrutiating pain in my mouth, and it turned out that they had to cap the tooth with an antibiotic/antiinflammatory cocktail and have me come back a week later for the second round. It was the worst pain I ever felt.

And on top of that, the rubber device they clipped in there while working on my tooth cause a dime-sized ulcer that ate my gums away and had to be treated for two months.

Worst medical experience ever.

You don't have an extraction during a root canal. Of course you should feel some pressure, but not any pain. You aren't supposed to, at any rate. I've had three without much difficulty.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins