RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

... Is that even possible to calculate?

I know this is possible to calculate: A bear dropped into a hole from v=0 m/s at start, 2 seconds later, it landed on the bottom, the hole is 20 m, if the air resistant does not count, what colour is the bear?

Still. That wasn't the question I wanted to ask.

Is it possible to remove whiteout from my laptop keyboard without further damaging or changing the keyboard?

Edited by SoiledLove

For God's sake,

I am sorry for hijacking the thread. But this is really getting on my nerves!

My Firefox used to be a pretty nice browser. No such thing as annoying ads or worse: popups.

But recently, I don't know why, Firefox started to mess up.

Ads everywhere, and popups WHENEVER I go to a different page and click on anything (literally, even if I click on the background).

When I go to click sites? I get about 20 popups.

I have ran some antivirus etc, and installed adblocks.

Nothing works. Specially because my best antiviruses/antispywares/antimalwares are all expired. Adblocks? It works as if it's not installed at all. I have tried several adblocks, none of them are working.

Please help :/ I don't want to use IE and I don't want to use Google Chrome either. My mother uses Chrome and all of her favourite pages/logged in accounts are in Chrome.

Another option is to install Safari, but I don't really want to do it.

By the way, I'm now using Windows 8. :/ I want my old computer back!!

I no longer want those foolish ads and popups on Firefox! D: Please help!!

Thank you VERY much in advance!

Edited by Slytherin7

@7Deadly$ins I'm currently using Avast.

@SockPuppet Strangler I just did it, and apparently I got rid of all the ads and popups! Thank you very much!! biggrin.gif

So, I have been loaning my parents my PS3 so they can watch DVDs on their new hotness Smart TV. Is it impolite for me to get them a DVD player for Christmas? I mean, they do need one, but I feel like its sending the message, "Here, take this so I can have my toys back."

@SockPuppet Strangler I just did it, and apparently I got rid of all the ads and popups! Thank you very much!! biggrin.gif

Whoo! Hope it stays that way. :3

So, I have been loaning my parents my PS3 so they can watch DVDs on their new hotness Smart TV. Is it impolite for me to get them a DVD player for Christmas? I mean, they do need one, but I feel like its sending the message, "Here, take this so I can have my toys back."

Sounds perfectly acceptable to me.

Why does a vein in one eye pop when I get very angry?

It's happened to me two times in my life, in this year. And in both times I was very angry. One vein in my left eye then one vein in my right eye. Why? x_x In the second time I felt a very subtle pain, when I saw it in the mirror, one vein (straight towards the iris, connecting?) is red.

I'm not going to see a doctor, but I guess I can no longer get very angry, isn't it? o_O

Never had a problem with my left eye, thanks God, and one vein popped months ago.

Edited by Slytherin7

For God's sake,

I am sorry for hijacking the thread. But this is really getting on my nerves!

My Firefox used to be a pretty nice browser. No such thing as annoying ads or worse: popups.

But recently, I don't know why, Firefox started to mess up.

Ads everywhere, and popups WHENEVER I go to a different page and click on anything (literally, even if I click on the background).

When I go to click sites? I get about 20 popups.

I have ran some antivirus etc, and installed adblocks.

Nothing works. Specially because my best antiviruses/antispywares/antimalwares are all expired. Adblocks? It works as if it's not installed at all. I have tried several adblocks, none of them are working.

Please help :/ I don't want to use IE and I don't want to use Google Chrome either. My mother uses Chrome and all of her favourite pages/logged in accounts are in Chrome.

Another option is to install Safari, but I don't really want to do it.

By the way, I'm now using Windows 8. :/ I want my old computer back!!

I no longer want those foolish ads and popups on Firefox! D: Please help!!

Thank you VERY much in advance!

Are you still having this problem? I could help you with this.

@Crockturtle566 I have fixed the problem recently, with the 'Restart Firefox' tip, about two days later though, it started showing ads one more time so I restarted Firefox again and it's back to normal -- clean without ads and popups. But if you could please give me some tips to prevent/help this, I would appreciate very much. smile.gif Thank you!

@Crockturtle566 I have fixed the problem recently, with the 'Restart Firefox' tip, about two days later though, it started showing ads one more time so I restarted Firefox again and it's back to normal -- clean without ads and popups. But if you could please give me some tips to prevent/help this, I would appreciate very much. smile.gif Thank you!

If it ever happens again or something else ad ware related try this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Don't run it with other antivirus turned on in the background, they may interfere.

I've looked this up a couple times recently, but is it OK to study while listening to music (either classical or lyrical)? Or does it just depend on the person?

It depends on the person but generally, at least for people my age who are still in high school, any type of music helps with concentration. Just make sure to keep the volume low.

I'm having a real hard time getting Steam to work, and I'm at my last straw with it. Whenever I try to open it I get a popup saying "could not connect to steam network." My internet connection is totally fine, so I don't understand what the problem is.

I made sure my firewall allows it, restarted computer/internet connection, tried to run as an administrator...I logged into the Steam site and had to verify my computer, but I still can't get it run.

I've looked this up a couple times recently, but is it OK to study while listening to music (either classical or lyrical)? Or does it just depend on the person?

I don't usually study with music, but as of recently I've been doing it more often (in fact even today). I think any (lyrical or non-lyrical) background noise just helps me focus, but it is certainly not for everybody, so I would assume it depends on the person. I use headphones at a somewhat low volume so I'm not too distracted.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

It really does depend on the person. Classical/jazz works for me, but if Im reading anything lyrical can get distracting.

Why does a vein in one eye pop when I get very angry?

It's happened to me two times in my life, in this year. And in both times I was very angry. One vein in my left eye then one vein in my right eye. Why? x_x In the second time I felt a very subtle pain, when I saw it in the mirror, one vein (straight towards the iris, connecting?) is red.

I'm not going to see a doctor, but I guess I can no longer get very angry, isn't it? o_O

Never had a problem with my left eye, thanks God, and one vein popped months ago.

That's a blood vessel, which anatomically speaking is a little different than a vein. c: The ones in your eyes can pop when under a good amount of stress, so when you got angry it probably put a lot of pressure on your blood vessels and caused one of them to pop.

It happens to some people regularly and to others not very often, but it's not really something to be concerned about. As long as you don't do it very often it isn't going to pose a problem to your sight or health. c:

Hey, I was wondering what public resources for financial aid in the US (and most specifically, the Texas Houston metro area) people know of. Maybe some people here have been in my situation, or can give advice on avenues to pursue.

I don't want to get into the long, nitty gritty of it but just to give some information. For several years I lived in a domestic violence situation and knew no way out. I am getting back on my feet at a domestic violence shelter and have had to re-apply for my birth certificate (which is taking its sweet time coming) so I can get back my IDs and the like to get back to work. Is there any way to push forward the receipt of IDs when you have no official proof of self? Alternate kinds of ID than Birth Certificate or Social?

Furthermore, what is known in ways of housing programs, utilities, financial programs, and options for pregnant women? I've used resources like HAWC, SEARCH, Operation ID, CSCC, NAM, and Salvation Army, if people know any of those. Does anyone know of more, or of programs within those organization I might not have been made aware of yet that I could pursue?

And no, this isn't about a pity party, I just know A LOT OF PEOPLE COME HERE and hope a few may have answers.

Please bring cave questions to Help. In the case of your question - just check the news section. The announcement is already up. :3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

If it ever happens again or something else ad ware related try this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Don't run it with other antivirus turned on in the background, they may interfere.

I've downloaded it yesterday, thank you very much!! smile.gif I think it's exactly what I need! ~

@Shiny Hazard Sign

Wow, that's nice to know! At first I was really worried -- after all, the eyes don't look pretty when it happens @__@

Thank you very much for your answer! smile.gif I really appreciate it!

Edited by Slytherin7

Is 50 mg of trazadone too much for someone who weighs 110-115 lbs? (49-52 kg, 7-8 stone)

Not at all, it's one of the minimum doses. Even for elderly you can start at 100mg for depression, 75mg for anxiety, up to a maximum of 300mg for both.

Not at all, it's one of the minimum doses. Even for elderly you can start at 100mg for depression, 75mg for anxiety, up to a maximum of 300mg for both.

I took it at night and Prozac in the morning. But taking 50mg gave me a decapitating migraine and I lost my ability to focus or hold a conversation for longer than two minutes without trailing off. I stopped taking it completely and I haven't had any of those side effects for the past few days. That's why I'm confused :s

Okay so this is a problem that's been persisting for two days now and it's really ticking me off. I have an iPad 2 as my only means of access to the Internet, and also my only access to YouTube. Yesterday, literally about only an hour after watching a few videos, they just stopped loading. I left it for a few hours, as things like this are usually wifi related on our end, but it's continued to persist and it's almost midnight.

Basically why happens is that I go to the mobile version of YouTube (as I can't run most videos with the desktop version) and select a video to watch. While the video's screen is loading and my iPad is actively loading, the circle moves very jerkily and roughly, as though something is indeed downloading. Then it'll vanish for a millisecond - this is a thing it's always done that told me the video was going to run in a second or two. But instead, it carries on with a screen like this:

user posted image

The iPad has stopped downloading data, my wifi connection is stable, yet this carries on 'loading'. I've left it for fifteen minutes with no result.

It's really beginning to irk me. I run Safari, which had handled videos fine for over a year. Anything I can try to see if I can get it to work?

The YouTube app also does this.