RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

Does anyone know an image randomizer that allows animated images? I'm using signavatar.com now with my old animated avatar among the images, but it doesn't seem to display it properly (for me at least).

randimg.net allows .gifs (and it also lets you store image files), but they have to have small file sizes (below 200kB, I think).

Edited by lightbird

Sounds like he's taking the chance to get out of work. Does he act like this all the time or just when he's with you/supposed to be working on the subject?

Erm.. He behaves childishly especially when we are together for group activity or discussion cos that's when we interact. During our first few group work/discussions, he already sorta talks or asks silly questions like an airhead. Not sure if he was acting stupid or he really dunno.>.<

Edited by S9429183F

What should I do if someone sits in the seat that I've been sitting in for the last two years during brunch and lunch? Do I just politely inform the person (that's annoying the cheese-bizzles out of me) that they are sitting in the seat that I prefer to sit in?

What should I do if someone sits in the seat that I've been sitting in for the last two years during brunch and lunch? Do I just politely inform the person (that's annoying the cheese-bizzles out of me) that they are sitting in the seat that I prefer to sit in?

Is there a reason of mental health that you can't just choose another place to sit for a while? Because, honestly, unless there is, I don't think this is worth the fight. Yeah, we're creatures of habit, but why not just try a new seat?

If you really don't want to try another seat, just try going up to them with a smile on your face and saying what you said here. "Hello; I know this may be an odd request, but I usually sit here, and I was wondering if you would mind kindly moving somewhere else?" This is a situation in which you really should approach with kindness. We have to deal with all kinds of people that annoy us in life and this will be good practice in having to deal with those kind of people in the future. :3

EDIT: Read the advice thread.

I really don't suggest dragging this back up, especially not in front of your other friends. I'm a grudge holder. I understand. But being passive-aggressive or vicious in this situation are not going to help. Simply sit in another seat. You're close to being done - can you just put a smile on and wait until you don't have to see this ex-friend again? If not, I really suggest getting together in private and getting things in the open with this ex-friend. Compose your thoughts beforehand so that you are discussing not attacking. Yeah, I know you don't want to be nice to her right now, but attacking would get you nowhere but angrier. Try discussing - talking about your feelings and what happened and trying to work this out. This will only work if you can go in with an open mind.

If you are just really not in a spot where you can do this yet, you may have to take a few lunches to sit elsewhere and gather and compose yourself. It's not fair to put your friends in the middle of this and force them to choose sides.

I had friends who couldn't get along, and it sucked. They made snarky comments at each other. Sometimes one walked away angrily. It was always really awkward for us. I liked all of my friends. I couldn't just pick one. So mostly, we just ended up trying to calm them down and mediate, usually just changing the subject or asking them to drop it.

Some other friends I had handled it better and one might never know one didn't like the other because they acted so kindly towards the other. I always appreciated that effort.

So if you can't put a smile on and just endure it for a while, take some time to work through things yourself. How's your school's guidance counselor? It might help to get to sit down and get to talk about this with a third party.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Is there a reason of mental health that you can't just choose another place to sit for a while? Because, honestly, unless there is, I don't think this is worth the fight. Yeah, we're creatures of habit, but why not just try a new seat?

If you really don't want to try another seat, just try going up to them with a smile on your face and saying what you said here. "Hello; I know this may be an odd request, but I usually sit here, and I was wondering if you would mind kindly moving somewhere else?" This is a situation in which you really should approach with kindness. We have to deal with all kinds of people that annoy us in life and this will be good practice in having to deal with those kind of people in the future. :3

EDIT: Read the advice thread.

I really don't suggest dragging this back up, especially not in front of your other friends. I'm a grudge holder. I understand. But being passive-aggressive or vicious in this situation are not going to help. Simply sit in another seat. You're close to being done - can you just put a smile on and wait until you don't have to see this ex-friend again? If not, I really suggest getting together in private and getting things in the open with this ex-friend. Compose your thoughts beforehand so that you are discussing not attacking. Yeah, I know you don't want to be nice to her right now, but attacking would get you nowhere but angrier. Try discussing - talking about your feelings and what happened and trying to work this out. This will only work if you can go in with an open mind.

If you are just really not in a spot where you can do this yet, you may have to take a few lunches to sit elsewhere and gather and compose yourself. It's not fair to put your friends in the middle of this and force them to choose sides.

I had friends who couldn't get along, and it sucked. They made snarky comments at each other. Sometimes one walked away angrily. It was always really awkward for us. I liked all of my friends. I couldn't just pick one. So mostly, we just ended up trying to calm them down and mediate, usually just changing the subject or asking them to drop it.

Some other friends I had handled it better and one might never know one didn't like the other because they acted so kindly towards the other. I always appreciated that effort.

So if you can't put a smile on and just endure it for a while, take some time to work through things yourself. How's your school's guidance counselor? It might help to get to sit down and get to talk about this with a third party.

I believe I can endure it. uwu It's probably just a lump on the path o' life xd.png I kinda like it where I am— it's closer to the trash can biggrin.gif Less walking for me.

Thanks, that really helped smile.gif

*hops over the bump*

Erm.. He behaves childishly especially when we are together for group activity or discussion cos that's when we interact. During our first few group work/discussions, he already sorta talks or asks silly questions like an airhead. Not sure if he was acting stupid or he really dunno.>.<

Tbh, I really just think he thinks he can get out of the work if he acts a certain way. I'd try sitting down with him. Stay calm and keep your tone even, but be firm. Let him know that he needs to work, too, and it's okay to be silly sometimes, but it would be easier to tackle the project if you can be more mature together. This doesn't mean you can't have fun, just that you buckle down if need be.

It's hard to pin down anything without more information (especially age, what he was like before, etc.) but if it is something that worries you (like perhaps something is going on in his life and he's acting out), then I would approach whatever authority you can - counselor? teacher? parent? - and bring up your worries with them.

I believe I can endure it. uwu It's probably just a lump on the path o' life xd.png I kinda like it where I am— it's closer to the trash can biggrin.gif Less walking for me.

Thanks, that really helped smile.gif

*hops over the bump*

Glad I could help, and I hope it goes well! Hey - now you can practice your throwing skills throwing your food into the trash. =p

I like board games such as Small World, Ascension, Elder Signs, Smash Up, Killer Bunnies, Resistance and Settlers of Catan.

Are there any board games people suggest I try next? I like something that makes me think, such as Small World, but a random game, such as We Did Not Play Test This Game is fine too.

I'm trying to expand our gaming choices, so I don't want to duplicate the games my friends have. We are kind of in a rut.

Edited by Kanaye

Just out of curiosity what other countries write with these letters in their words?

ë, ê, ï, é, è, ä, ô, ö

Just out of curiosity what other countries write with these letters in their words?

ë, ê, ï, é, è, ä, ô, ö

ä, ö - German

é - Czech

And I think most of those are also met in French. And other languages that I'm not sure about. x3

Also, you didn't ask for this, but in Latvian, my native language, we have vowels like ā, ē (with two different pronunciations), ī, ū and an o that is pronounced "uo". :B

Edited by lightbird

ë, ê, ï, é, è, ä, ô, ö

ë, ï, ä and ö are used in languages such as Afrikaans, French, Welsh, Dutch, etc. and all have the long vowel sounds.

ê is used in languages such as Ukranian and Portugese.

ô as far as I know is only really used in French and Greek.

é can be Czech, Scandanavian, French, Portugese, etc (most of central Europe)

è is used in French, Italian and Greek I think.

My question, is there a way to tear cling-wrap so that it doesn't shred into pieces or crumple up on itself?

My question, is there a way to tear cling-wrap so that it doesn't shred into pieces or crumple up on itself?

I always tear it on the sharp edge on the box but I do it slowly and lay the cling wrap on a flat surface.

No.

I like board games such as Small World, Ascension, Elder Signs, Smash Up, Killer Bunnies, Resistance and Settlers of Catan.

Are there any board games people suggest I try next? I like something that makes me think, such as Small World, but a random game, such as We Did Not Play Test This Game is fine too.

I'm trying to expand our gaming choices, so I don't want to duplicate the games my friends have. We are kind of in a rut.

They're not board games, but what about: Apples to Apples or the adult version Cards Against Humanity

There's also a zombie card game we used to play that reminded me of killer bunnies for some reason, but I can't remember the name of it right now. =U

You might just walk around Barnes and Noble or somewhere and check out the games they have and see if any look fun.

Magic.

I always try pulling up after I rip, so that the end floats down instead of right on the rest. You still get some sticking to itself, which is usually worsened by moving a millimeter or trying to undo it. =p

I have to use scissors and for me that works reasonably well.

otherwise, magic. Clingwrap is very evil. :I

They're not board games, but what about: Apples to Apples or the adult version Cards Against Humanity

There's also a zombie card game we used to play that reminded me of killer bunnies for some reason, but I can't remember the name of it right now. =U

You might just walk around Barnes and Noble or somewhere and check out the games they have and see if any look fun.

Hey Socky!

I actually own CAH. I didn't mention due the adult content.

I'll try to walking around Barnes and Nobel. I was hoping suggestions of games people have tried and liked rather thank spending 20 bucks on a game and finding out I don't like it.

Hey Socky!

I actually own CAH. I didn't mention due the adult content.

I'll try to walking around Barnes and Nobel. I was hoping suggestions of games people have tried and liked rather thank spending 20 bucks on a game and finding out I don't like it.

I figured. x3 I mostly play card games now, so I couldn't think of anything better to suggest. =(

We used to play 1313 Dead End Drive, which my sister loved, but I'm not sure it really fits in with the type of games you listed. I was also going to suggest Clue because who doesn't love Clue, but figured that one was common enough and then forgot about it. x3 Besides card games, we usually play Scrabble or Cranium, but didn't think Cranium was what you were looking for either, lol.

ô as far as I know is only really used in French and Greek.

In Portuguese, if I'm correct, an "ô" by itself can the same value as an "oh", being used to call someone, express sarcasm, that kind of stuff. I'll try to clarify in case I didn't make sense: "Ô, quanta inteligência"("Oh, how intelligent"; the sarcasm I mentioned). It's also used in words, like "ônibus"(bus), etc.

Hope that helped.

ë, ê, ï, é, è, ä, ô, ö

I'm surprised no one mentioned Chinese pinyin (writing using letters, not characters). It uses the two e's you've put there. The accents can vary the tone and meaning of the word(s). You can read more here.

Is it considered, legal wise, animal abuse to not put down a dog that is clearly suffering? We have a neighbor who has a very old dog that looks like it is on death's door and has been for some time and I was wondering if it is something I could call the local authorities on.

Is it considered, legal wise, animal abuse to not put down a dog that is clearly suffering? We have a neighbor who has a very old dog that looks like it is on death's door and has been for some time and I was wondering if it is something I could call the local authorities on.

Yes, please call your local animal shelter or SPCA or Humane Society - whichever one will go out and check on the dog. Whether it would be considered abuse legally depends on your local laws, but if the dog seems to be suffering, do give someone a call!

In the UK if the animal is being provided with food, water and vetinary care then no, it wouldn't be. I've seen people that love their dogs dearly keeping them alive via vetinary intervention far longer than was fair on the dog, simply because they can't let go.

If the dog is sick, and not being treated, then it's abuse. If the animal is sick and is recieving vetinary care, then regardless of wether or not you think it should be put out of it's suffering it's very unlikely to be considered abuse.

Is it considered, legal wise, human rights abuse to not put down a human that is clearly suffering? We have a neighbor who has a very old relative that looks like it is on death's door and has been for some time and I was wondering if it is something I could call the local authorities on.

Sorry to do this, but just rewording slightly to see if people think differently.

Is it considered, legal wise, human rights abuse to not put down a human that is clearly suffering? We have a neighbor who has a very old relative that looks like it is on death's door and has been for some time and I was wondering if it is something I could call the local authorities on.

Sorry to do this, but just rewording slightly to see if people think differently.

That was my first gut reaction too. But thinking from the perspective of the being in question here, if I was old and clearly suffering and only looked after by someone with no medical training I'd probably wish someone would pull the plug.

Still a most difficult decision morally, but I think the question was about the laws and those are quite a different matter (sadly).