RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

Does anyone know how to activate Snap Links on Opera?

I've installed the extension, but I don't know how to make it work. /derp

You should be able to go click on the Wrench thing on the upper right > Tools > Extensions. Once there, Snaplinks ought to be one of your extensions, and then you can fiddle with its settings until it works.

I have some kids in my neighborhood who have been playing in my next door neighbor's yard for months. They have been driving us all insane with their laughing and screaming. They're killing her grass and "accidentally" throwing a ball into our yard occasionally. We've tried talking to her but she is too afraid to say anything. We've tried to tell them to leave but they just won't because she won't do anything. There are a lot of kids in our neighborhood, but there are kids from other streets coming over now. It's reached the point where there could be 25 kids out back each evening for hours at a time. What can we do to get rid of this nuisance, or at least make it less horrendous? sad.gif

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

I have some kids in my neighborhood who have been playing in my next door neighbor's yard for months. They have been driving us all insane with their laughing and screaming. They're killing her grass and "accidentally" throwing a ball into our yard occasionally. We've tried talking to her but she is too afraid to say anything. We've tried to tell them to leave but they just won't because she won't do anything. There are a lot of kids in our neighborhood, but there are kids from other streets coming over now. It's reached the point where there could be 25 kids out back each evening for hours at a time. What can we do to get rid of this nuisance, or at least make it less horrendous? sad.gif

easy, threaten to call parents. Odds are with twenty five kids atleast ONE set of parents is actually responsible and will call off the monsters.

My question,

how many Chromosones does a Black Mamba have?

how many does a diamond back rattle snake have?

Call the police and place place a 'disturbing the peace' complaint.

I have a little problem with my polytechnic life. Theres this guy I have a slight crush on(the crush was random) but the crush has been awkward for months. I'm constantly self conscious around him unlike in the past and feel uncomfortable whenever he looks or stares at me.

I originally wanted to start school life anew in polytechnic after having self esteem issues in sec school but now it seems the problem has returned. Things are much better off when we were first classmates. Back then he was not such a busybody, my behaviour towards him was more natural not weird and I was myself; no awkwardness in class.

Now I avoid him and he and his friends noticed, making it more awkward. Currently its vacation so we dont have to see each other. But I worry for my next semester. Due to the dislike of the feeling that hes watching me whenever I do my stuff eg presentation due to low self esteem, I wonder if school life will ever revert back to normal.

I wish the crush will just die off. The previous crushes in secondary school turned out badly to the extent that the guy pestered me. I have to be his classmate for the next 6 months. What should I do to survive semester 2? sad.gif

I put in this Harpic Rimblock thing into my toilet a few days ago, to keep my toilet fresh; now every time I go, I start hurting... down there for ages afterwards. Could it be possible that I'm allergic to the things and am I right to think I should just chuck them in the bin?

I put in this Harpic Rimblock thing into my toilet a few days ago, to keep my toilet fresh; now every time I go, I start hurting... down there for ages afterwards. Could it be possible that I'm allergic to the things and am I right to think I should just chuck them in the bin?

Yes, you could be allergic, and if that's the only recent change you've made, and the start of the pains coincide within a few days of using the Harpic, it's a good place to start. Get rid of that block, clean out your toilet with a nice neutral cleaner, give it a few good flushes, and give it a few days. If in the next day or two you no longer get the pains then yes, it seems like there is an allergy. If the pain continues, then it's time to explore another option.

Yes, you could be allergic, and if that's the only recent change you've made, and the start of the pains coincide within a few days of using the Harpic, it's a good place to start. Get rid of that block, clean out your toilet with a nice neutral cleaner, give it a few good flushes, and give it a few days. If in the next day or two you no longer get the pains then yes, it seems like there is an allergy. If the pain continues, then it's time to explore another option.

Both me and my mother have problems with 'parfum', I think it's called, and other fragrances they put in stuff- and I could smell that rimblock from the other room...

May be a dumb question but there has been this TV commercial out about this dog food brand and there is this dog called Riley in it. Anyone know the breed of that dog?

Is Mr. Bean's car yellow or green?

Austin Citron Green.

Austin Citron Green.

pfft using wikipedia is cheating tongue.gif.

I think it's green, but my husband thinks my eyes are broken and he insists it's yellow. What color do you see?

Edited by Syaoransbear

pfft using wikipedia is cheating tongue.gif.

I think it's green, but my husband thinks my eyes are broken and he insists it's yellow. What color do you see?

I see Austin Citron Green ;~P

/had to google since she hasn't watched Mr. Bean

Blasphemy!

I see Austin Citron Green ;~P

lol you bugger tongue.gif

Edited by Syaoransbear

Do you remember what brand of food? If I can find the commercial online I could tell you what kind of dog.

Purina I believe.

Anybody have any good sources of information on bi-gender?

I've only really heard gender fluid, gender neutral, and gender queer described (gender queer not so much though) and I have yet to see anything about being bigender, though I've seen it used before. Hopefully bumping this will let someone else see it though. To be honest though, I've only seen mild definitions or generalizations, nothing you'd call "good sources". The only thing I can suggest is just keep looking for things under gender identity.

@Syaoransbear: that car is going to look yellow or green depending on what kind of light it's under and how good one's color vision is. It's just one of those colors that's right on the border and could be argued for days.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Why is it that I don't feel nervous much at all when I have to speak in front of a group (like in class) but I still horribly stumble over my words?

Like in chemistry today, we had to bring an experiment and do a demo in class. I red over what I was going to say several times but when I got up there, I completely forgot pretty much everything. I didn't even remember the name of the chemicals I was using. Thank goodness I was allowed to bring a paper with me. I timed my explanation at around 2 minutes. I got up there and talked for about 30 seconds. Anyone have any idea why this happens?

Looks short-haired - which would make it a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, rather than a Bernese.

As some of you may have heard about this, I finished my Master studies this summer.

And I just began a regular, full-time job this week. Although I did have a lot of lab work hours during my studies, I've never had this before, you know, a 5-days-a-week, 9-to-5 job.

For now I'm really stumped with the sudden loss of all the free time I had. I know, it's only been this week so far, but when I come home (at a reasonable hour, in fact), it feels like I can't organize doing anything I actually want to and enjoy doing - I haven't managed to read, watch or draw anything, because it seems like enjoyable as those things are, they do require some brainpower to process and I'm having a hard time with that just now. :T Should I expect that I would get used to having a job and return to managing my hobbies again "naturally", or can someone give me some tips on how to manage things?

/feels slightly dumb

Looks short-haired - which would make it a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, rather than a Bernese.

It looked long haired to me, which is why I thought it was a bernese.