RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

Ok, really random question...

What are the average dimensions of a STANDARD playing card, and what PPI would it have to be in? (I'm using PSE7, if that makes any difference.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_card has the dimensions of standard Poker cards as well as Bridge cards.

If PPI is somewhat equivalent to DPI, meaning you plan to print them and have them look professional, 600 DPI is best for printing (I have some book layout templates that are 600 DPI so I know that professional printers use that) but 300 DPI is doable.

Edited by Princess Artemis

I have to go to another country in a couple of weeks, and since I want to save some money I decided to go using a bus. The problem is I get motion sickness from cars an buses easily, while the trip takes a full day and a half. Assuming I can get a seat near a window (it helps to look at distant things) what are some things I can do to pass the road time?

I have to go to another country in a couple of weeks, and since I want to save some money I decided to go using a bus. The problem is I get motion sickness from cars an buses easily, while the trip takes a full day and a half. Assuming I can get a seat near a window (it helps to look at distant things) what are some things I can do to pass the road time?

Find someone to talk to. It always helps me, and the time passed super-fast.

Thank you. smile.gif I planned on 300 PPI (same thing as DPI in PSE7), but it's good to know that 600 is professional.

I double checked the templates I have; some of them are 300 dpi, so that will work fine : ) If you do plan on having them printed professionally, find out from the printer what they use so there is a minimum of resizing.

Take drowsy Dramamine. Cut down on the motion sickness and sleep the time away. =p

What does 'gay as a window' mean? I mean, I know it means really gay, but what's the... logic behind that expression? Is it only for gay or can you say that someone or something is as 'clever as a window' or as 'nutritional as a window'?

I just looked it up, and it looks like the logic is windows are, typically, quite transparent. So, transparently gay? Obviously gay, because one can see the gay, as if through a window? I've never heard it before, so while it does make sense, I'm not sure if it would be useable for clever or nutritional. It sounds like the gay equivalent of "straight as an arrow" which can be used for lots of straight things aside from incredibly straight people, so I suppose "____ as a window" could be used for things that are transparently obvious other than extraordinarily gay people.

Ohhhhhhh, okay, that makes so much sense. I heard someone say that the other day and it blew my logic circuits.

what's 疏风一i (Shu Feng Yi?) in english?

Random question at midnight, I'll check back to see if anyone else has any better luck translating this then I do

Where did "the cake is a lie" come from? I thought at first from !Cake on the IRC, but I saw it on another forum...

Where did "the cake is a lie" come from? I thought at first from !Cake on the IRC, but I saw it on another forum...

Portal. It's a(n indie?) game for PC from Steam. Really popular, spawned a few memes and got a PC+consoles sequel. Short story: it's a big puzzle game and your promised reward is cake, in some of the puzzles you can find hidden rooms with "the cake is a lie" scribbled on the wall.

^ And at the end, there is no cake dry.gif

It's funny cause when I was reading and typing this, I was actually eating cake xd.png

I want to try an experiment...

What gender do you guys think I am? Yes, I know I've already said I'm genderqueer... but if you had to guess male or female, which would it be?

Doubt anyone remembers when I had a gender set on here... but if you do, no guesses please. tongue.gif

Fun fact: "The Cake is a Lie" meme has gotten so tiresome and overdone, the creators of Portal acknowledged that they too were sick and tired of it and promised not to include any references in the sequel. ... Except for one. Also yeah, Portal's not an indie game.

To people who mostly play first-person shooters, it probably seems indie.

So, I've planted tomatoes, and they turned out well this year. What's a second crop I can try next year that's fairly resilient/hardy? No beans, please, I'm not a fan of beans.

So, I've planted tomatoes, and they turned out well this year. What's a second crop I can try next year that's fairly resilient/hardy? No beans, please, I'm not a fan of beans.

Potatoes are a pretty good one, have you thought about trying those?

Hmm, the soil's pretty dense around here though, it'd be hard work digging for them. I suppose I could try.

Do RP creators usually plan out some sort of ending ideas or at least some plot checkpoints, or do they just let RPs run wherever until the RP dies?

Do RP creators usually plan out some sort of ending ideas or at least some plot checkpoints, or do they just let RPs run wherever until the RP dies?

Eh, I've created an RP or two, and I never had any real checkpoints or goals that I wanted them to reach; I usually just let them go until they got boring or a "happily ever after" sort of moment was reached.

Ok, another gardening question. I have next to none gardening experience, and I want to grow some veggies next year. What kind of vegetables can survive and produce grown in containers? (Other than tomatoes, I don't eat em...)

(I don't plan on living on the stuff, I totally expect smaller output since they're gonna be container plants.)

Hmm... Herbs. Yeah, those would be cool.

I don't eat many of them, but I'd defiantly be happy with a parsley plant. biggrin.gif

Any other suggestions?

Basil's nice, I like basil. And chive. You could always try mint and just use it to spruce the house up some.