RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

Out of curiosity, would this be appropriate to perform at a concert? There would be an orchestra playing, and a soloist singing. The audience would be a large group of kids' parents and siblings.

What's the worst thing you've ever done for money?

Cold coffee with two spoonfuls of Thick n Easy - the one and only monetary bet I've ever taken. Only got £5.

Cold coffee with two spoonfuls of Thick n Easy - the one and only monetary bet I've ever taken. Only got £5.

I would never. D: Nothing involving eating. Though I've done other bets/dares. Ho ho ho. c:

Move out.

In which case, put up with it. Don't enforce battles, compromise for an easy life insofar as it is feasible, and start saving again.

This is going to sound childish, but...

Why should I have to be the one to put up with all of the BS?

Because you're the one with no savings to get out of the place and it's her step-dad who owns the property, not you. If you push her and she throws her weight around, you're screwed and not her. In short, you will lose out.

And also, since you do come across as being very trigger-happy/confrontational, there's a chance that part of the problem is how quickly your own temper flares. so you lose your temper quickly, she throws a strop quickly...at it all blows up in your faces. And even if her step-dad understands that's what she's like, chances are the little princess got it off her mum - and mum is pulling as many strings as step-dad, or even pulling his strings. So if things came to a head, you'd be kicked out, not her.

... I've had all of a few weeks to enjoy being my own person without having to worry about my parents pulling nonsense exactly like this. It's extremely hard for me to tolerate her acting like this, simply because I know I don't have to, and because I've lived the past 9 years of my life dealing with it - in my mind, I have every right to not tolerate it anymore. I know she doesn't know my life...

Sadly, life is full of putting up with other people's crap. No matter how much you yourself have been through, you can't go around expecting the world to treat you that much more reverently and gently just because you've had a rough time. If you do, you'll suddenly find everyone else losing patience with you very quickly, and you'll realise one of life's dirty secrets; most everyone has had a rough time at some point, and if you act like you're the only one who has ever had it hard you will very quickly be chewed out by someone who makes your life look like kittens and rainbows.

So it's learning to come up with less confrontational methods of coping, simply avoiding her (politely), and counting to ten. Even if Mom and Dad are getting annoyed with her, they won't boot her out anywhere near as fast as they'll boot you out. And if they do treat her like they'd treat any other tenant, surely you just have to wait a month or so for karma to work it's magic.

(By the way, the reason why you're getting the 'tough love' treatment is not a personal thing. Good luck with the jobs, and apply to seven more while you wait.)

Anybody have any recs for automatic nail filers? (for humans, not those claw-filers for pets)

Anybody have any recs for automatic nail filers?  (for humans, not those claw-filers for pets)

Belt sander...or a dremel...

My question is does anyone know if acrylic eats floral foam?

Edited by padfoot

My question is does anyone know if acrylic eats floral foam?

Acrylic what?

If you mean paint, I don't know. It might not dry properly depending upon what the floral foam is made. Try it on a little piece.

Some one else will have to do it -- I like to be informed, but I can't see myself ever convincing myself to vote for someone who opposes not only gay marriage, but also civil unions, and someone who is so anti-abortion.

I wish the republican party didn't feel like it had to be anti- these things. Why can't they just support having smaller government with less spending?

Where is the topic that lists the levels above 10? I remember seeing it but now I can't remember where I saw it at. I wanted to see what mine would be now from it. xd.png

Where is the topic that lists the levels above 10? I remember seeing it but now I can't remember where I saw it at. I wanted to see what mine would be now from it. xd.png

I believe the first page of CPA has a link. Rhea wrote it.

If I was forced to play, I'd choose truth because I don't like playing Truth or Dare and anybody I played with would already know my embarrassing truths and I definitely wouldn't want to do any dares they could come up with.

For me, it depends on who is asking. If my BFF is asking, I do either. If...say...a little kid is asking me Truth or Dare, I do dare because they are still innocent. xd.png

(If my more evil BFF is asking and we are in a group with my crush, I always do truth. You can always lie. xd.png)

Edited by Mousia

I'm having , I think side effects from Prednisone, but I only have two days of the dosage left, 20mg

I have some bad abdominal pain, like I would rather be on my period bad and my legs feel kinda swollen though I'm not seeing anything.

Do I drop the medication and risk my eye swelling back up again? or stick it out and ignore the side effects?

I also have a mineral imbalance, my Potassium is very low, and I'm anemic

Prednisone can cause water retention, maybe that's what's going on? As a general rule for life, though, don't ever go off any meds of any kind without consulting a medical professional. You can call the doctor's office and ask to speak with a nurse over the phone immediately and free of charge.