RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

Anybody have any suggestions for the best sites to use to import a videogame? I live in the US, and I need to import from the EU...

Try Game.co.uk I'm not going to say that they're the best out there (by and large I get my games form Steam these days), but they do ship to the US.

Try Game.co.uk I'm not going to say that they're the best out there (by and large I get my games form Steam these days), but they do ship to the US.

Alright, thanks, I'll look into them. :3

Ah, right, wait, I remember why I was wary of them, IIRC, weren't they having a lot of financial trouble a little while ago?

Edited by KageSora

Have you looked at buying from Amazon UK? I don't know how they would sell software, but I know that Amazon Japan had no issue shipping CDs and books to me, and they were less expensive and had more stock than other places. Worth a look, anyhow.

Really? There's something I want from Amazon Japan, but I assumed...

Alright, thanks, I'll look into them. :3

Ah, right, wait, I remember why I was wary of them, IIRC, weren't they having a lot of financial trouble a little while ago?

Yeah, they were. Went into administration at one point. Company was bought out in March and seems to be back on it's feet trading.

Yeah, they were. Went into administration at one point. Company was bought out in March and seems to be back on it's feet trading.

Alright, thanks. happy.gif

Really? There's something I want from Amazon Japan, but I assumed...

Yeah...it has been a long time since I bought anything from them, but they actually make it relatively easy for English-speakers to shop there. Last time I looked they did, anyway. There were buttons on the pages that would translate the pertinent details into English. Importing CDs from them costs a whole lot less than it does importing from anywhere else!

Shipping is pretty expensive though now, since they no longer have the option to ship via boat. Too many things were getting wrecked in the passage. Still, if there's something you want to buy from Japan, Amazon.co.jp is a good place to look for it.

What is the actual cause of fainting? I think it is something you didn't want to see, you paralyze for a bit, then pass out. Waking up later.

Also from exhaustion or maybe brain damage.

What is your definition of Fainting?

See something you didn't wanna see?

~Merged, as this seems to be more of a question than a discussion~

https://www.google.com/search?q=definition+...iw=1281&bih=570

Yeah...it has been a long time since I bought anything from them, but they actually make it relatively easy for English-speakers to shop there. Last time I looked they did, anyway. There were buttons on the pages that would translate the pertinent details into English. Importing CDs from them costs a whole lot less than it does importing from anywhere else!

Shipping is pretty expensive though now, since they no longer have the option to ship via boat. Too many things were getting wrecked in the passage. Still, if there's something you want to buy from Japan, Amazon.co.jp is a good place to look for it.

Do you know if it still works if you have to buy the item from a third-party seller (through Amazon still)?

Do you know if it still works if you have to buy the item from a third-party seller (through Amazon still)?

That I don't know. If Amazon Japan fulfills it, it should work the same, but if they don't, then they are just like third-party sellers on Amazon US--they're just using Amazon for exposure and have their own shipping standards. A third-party very well might not ship outside Japan.

Does anyone know what "Themida" is? Because whenever I attempt to open a game I play, it comes up with a Themida error. It informs me that this application cannot run under a Virtual Machine, but I'm not using a vm so I don't know what the deal is. ):

Also, how in the world does toner work (for hair)? There wasn't a clear set of instructions on the tub. Upon a lazy session of Googling, I've only gathered that it washes out orange/yellow undertones out of bleached hair (which I already knew), but how do you apply it and for how long and do you leave it in to dry or wash it out? D:

Thanks to anyone who can answer either of those problems c:

I started dating this boy a while back but because he lives far away it has been hard for me to see him. We also don't seem to be a particularly good match. I literally haven't seen or been in contact with him for a month and I feel bad leading him on but cannot seem to arrange a meeting to break up with him. Would it be okay if I did it via e-mail? Any feedback is helpful.

WTH? this was a poll and it somehow jumped here.

Edited by wildwindflower

I started dating this boy a while back but because he lives far away it has been hard for me to see him. We also don't seem to be a particularly good match. I literally haven't seen or been in contact with him for a month and I feel bad leading him on but cannot seem to arrange a meeting to break up with him. Would it be okay if I did it via e-mail? Any feedback is helpful.

WTH? this was a poll and it somehow jumped here.

If he literally gives you no other choice then email is better than nothing. But a phone call would be better.

Hey guys, I'm trying to play TH01~The Highly Responsive to Prayers. The emulator I'm using is Anex86, but I'm having trouble getting it to open the game. I've followed a couple of guides I found on Google, but they don't help much... When I click the "Start" button a window appears saying "No disk!", although I have already loaded an .hdi file. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like before I start the game:

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj491/.../anex86_ss1.png

And here's what it says after I start it:

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj491/.../anex86_ss2.png

Does anyone know how to fix this...? unsure.gif

Also, if anyone can tell me how to use the english patch by Radical R I would appreciate it very, very, very much. smile.gif

I was hoping that it didn't have to come to this, but...

I need to file a complaint against my parents so I can get my things from their house. How do I do this? I can only submit it by email right now, so linking me a PDF to fill out and send to whoever would be greatly appreciated.

I'd try calling/contacting your local police and explaining the situation, if you haven't yet. They'll arrange for an officer to come with you to your parents' house to get your things. If they still refuse to let you in or co-operate, talk to the officer about what you can do next. You may have to press charges.

Some of my friends have problems fainting.. :/

...and? Need far more than that.

Edited by Kestra15

Gross question: what can I use to clean cat poop off of carpet? Getting the poo up isn't the hard part, I don't know what to disinfect it with.

Gross question: what can I use to clean cat poop off of carpet? Getting the poo up isn't the hard part, I don't know what to disinfect it with.

Although you should test it first to see if it might bleach, 70% rubbing alcohol should kill things quite nicely. /microbiologist

Although you should test it first to see if it might bleach, 70% rubbing alcohol should kill things quite nicely. /microbiologist

Chlorclean :~P

So, my iPhone is refusing to get signal now, no matter where I am. Apparently it got a few seconds of signal somewhere because I got some texts, but I can't get signal again.

My brother's phone, same carrier as mine, also an iPhone, is getting signal perfectly even when we're right next to each other.

Any ideas what the cause is? It as working fine, then just randomly stopped working..

I was hoping that it didn't have to come to this, but...

I need to file a complaint against my parents so I can get my things from their house. How do I do this? I can only submit it by email right now, so linking me a PDF to fill out and send to whoever would be greatly appreciated.

If you are under 18, depending on where you live and what the exact circumstance is, you might not want to contact the police at all. A friend of mine was kicked out by his parents for being gay when he was 16, and somehow ended up with the legal status of 'runaway', which meant he was, in a small and insignificant way, a fugitive from the law. He had lots of problems including being legally unable to work and being denied a driver's license until he was a legal adult. Not that I'm advocating breaking the law; but if you already have done, it might not be smart to try to enlist help from the police with anything.

On another totally unrelated topic, has anyone noticed Hot Topic is a bit... Well, not Hot Topic anymore? I went in there Monday, looking for Tripp clothes, and there weren't any. Instead, there were all mainstream items and... There were Justin Beiber items being sold as well. D: And, they also total make-over. No longer are they black and red, but white and black, mostly white. I want to know what happened to the place...

It depends on where you go. The one closest to me still has plenty of Tripp stuff, while the one near my old college has more pop culture stuff. I guess it depends on demand? And from what I remember, Hot Topic didn't originally have the goth/emo stuff it's known for. It was originally for music and band merch. So it does kind of make sense for Justin Bieber stuff to be sold there... though it bothers me as well.

I don't know how much age has to do with it. I started shopping at Hot Topic when I was 8 or so.

I need a bit of tech support... I can't close the tabs in my browser any more. I'm on Safari on a Mac, running Snow Leopard if that matters. Any suggestions?