RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

We are moving soon and have most of our stuff packed. All that is left is the animals and their gear. We are hoping to move between this weekend and the 29th. I have a 3 year old rat and I am more worried about his health during the move then with the other animals. My other animals are an 8 yr old Border Collie and a youngish cat. He is a stray so no idea about him. The dog gets along very well with the rat and cat while the cat looks at the rat as food. Talk about your food chain lol Does anyone have any advice with moving an old rat? My mom suggested I have the rat put to sleep before the move but I won't do that.

How far are you moving? How long do you expect the trip between homes to take? Have you ever had to transport the rat before, and if so, how did you do it? Do you have to move everything at one go, or can you make several trips?

A tiny question about YouTube that I can't find the answer for.

When I watch a video, I usually wait for it to buffer completely because my net can be rather slow and it's annoying to have the video pause in mid scene. But of late, the videos are only buffering up to a certain point, and I have to watch or move the slider (that's what it's called, right? the round thing?) up to that point for it to begin buffering again. And I have to keep doing it until the video's done. Also, when I click on the slider, the grey line showing how much has loaded till now vanishes. This has happened before, but up to now, a couple of refreshes used to fix it. What should I do? I have already cleared my cache, cookies etc., and I don't have a YouTube account.

Okay about a year ago there was this story about a girl who apparently made money off her writing by posting on some site. She sold each chapter for 10 cents or something. My question is what was this site? Are there any others similar to it? I know someone who is interested in posting and selling their work online by chapter so I need suggestions.

We are moving soon and have most of our stuff packed. All that is left is the animals and their gear. We are hoping to move between this weekend and the 29th. I have a 3 year old rat and I am more worried about his health during the move then with the other animals. My other animals are an 8 yr old Border Collie and a youngish cat. He is a stray so no idea about him. The dog gets along very well with the rat and cat while the cat looks at the rat as food. Talk about your food chain lol Does anyone have any advice with moving an old rat? My mom suggested I have the rat put to sleep before the move but I won't do that.

You could bring him along in the car nested in a towel on your lap if your folks will allow it. If he gets really freaked out still, I know covering an animal in a comfortable place and keeping it from seeing helps calm it down. When one or both of you get tired of the rat in a towel situation, he can go into his normal cage (assuming its pretty small), which would be with the people , if possible. Also, right after you move, keep his cage as familiar as possible and keep it in your room. Don't ever allow the cat in there (even the cat's smell might make the rat more stressed than it already would be otherwise) until the rat is comfortable with its new home. However, I'm going off of childhood memories of rats, what little interaction I have had with them since, and what general animal behavior I know.

As far as the cat during the move, if possible, keep it in a kennel or better yet, in another car if it must be loose. Both parties will be happy.

Hope this helps.

I'm trying to join leetle adoptables. I have joined Technoized ID already. Whenever I try to register, it says "database error." This has happened many times. How should I fix it?

My iPhone's sound quit working. I tried to load a YouTube video just now, and there was no sound. I unsilenced it. Still no sound. I pressed the heck out of my volume button. Still no sound, and no popup appeared telling me how loud my volume is. I went into my music and tried to play a song just to see. No sound, no volume control bar at the bottom of the screen. I restarted my phone. Still nothing. This happened once before, but I don't remember what I did to fix it, if anything. I've got a 3GS on the lates version of iOS if that helps.

To those who gave advice about my friend A: I talked to her, and told her how I felt, though I didn't ask if she was jealous of me getting a better part than her, and we've started hanging out more. As for the play issue, opening night is in a few weeks anyway, and we're so busy scrambling with the last of choreographing, etc. that. that no one has time to worry about anyone else's part but their own.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I'm in the final week of rehearsal before the play I'm in, too, and there definitely isn't time for arguing or anything when everyone is trying to really memorize absolutely everything. tongue.gif Glad it worked out for you!

We are moving soon and have most of our stuff packed. All that is left is the animals and their gear. We are hoping to move between this weekend and the 29th. I have a 3 year old rat and I am more worried about his health during the move then with the other animals. My other animals are an 8 yr old Border Collie and a youngish cat. He is a stray so no idea about him. The dog gets along very well with the rat and cat while the cat looks at the rat as food. Talk about your food chain lol  Does anyone have any advice with moving an old rat? My mom suggested I have the rat put to sleep before the move but I won't do that.

How far are you going? If you can do more than one trip, that would be easiest. If not, try putting your rat in a smaller cage that is padded and covered so it will be semi-dark and hopefully relaxing inside. Don't feed the rat for several hours before you go, so if it gets car sick, it won't have an upset tummy. Rats can't throw up, so when they get sick, they're REALLY miserable.

where's a good website to either do commissions, or get money online? I want a little spending money for my birthday.

Pming me might be a better idea than replying... I won't be on for a few days.

What is a nice little gift for a teacher I volunteer for?

I see her twice a week for an hour or two each day, mostly just grading and computer input. She's told me that I'm one of her best and I'm planning on working with her again next year. Wednesday is my last day and I'm just thinking a little something would be good.

The class is English, I don't know much about her interests outside of school, and I don't want to get anything too unprofessionally personal. I know she likes Shakespeare but I would guess she already has copies of most of them lol.

A vase of flowers? (where the vase is something really unique and cool so she can keep it ^^ ) Or possibly an antique perfume bottle? Lots of consignment stores/curio shops have them. Do you ever make your own homemade jam or bread? That is always a welcome gift. tongue.gif

I see her twice a week for an hour or two each day, mostly just grading and computer input. She's told me that I'm one of her best and I'm planning on working with her again next year. Wednesday is my last day and I'm just thinking a little something would be good.

The class is English, I don't know much about her interests outside of school, and I don't want to get anything too unprofessionally personal. I know she likes Shakespeare but I would guess she already has copies of most of them lol.

A betta in a cruel betta vase. /shot

Get her some chocolate. You can never go wrong with a box of chocolates.

As a lecturer I got one present off one pupil; a small box of chocolates with a note saying 'Thank you for everything.' Frankly it was one of the best presents in the world.

I'm trying to join leetle adoptables. I have joined Technoized ID already. Whenever I try to register, it says "database error." This has happened many times. How should I fix it?

This is still happening. any ideas?

Probably should contact TJ or post about it at the Leetles subsection on the Technoized forums.

ok, I will. Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone here is from the UK and into meteorology? Reason being is I plan to go away for a week to a seaside town and wondered if the weather is due to pick up at all between now and late June/early July? Anybody have a clue at all? Only I haven't seen a sign of summer here and I'm freezing as hell.

British weather? Could do ANYTHING.

But on a more serious note, if you look at the Met Office page for the town/city you're thinking of (e.g. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/london) then click 'Text forecast' (toward the top of the page), that'll have the longest range forecast they'll do, which is a month in advance. Worth noting that they're pretty much just educated guesses - anything longer than about 7 days in advance is near impossible to predict with any accuracy when it comes to UK weather.

They used to do longer range seasonal forecasts, but stopped that after a number of particularly well publicised inaccurate predictions - like their prediction of a 'barbecue' hot summer in 2009, then getting the wettest July since records began.

(edited for typos)

Edited by Zaxian

A tiny question about YouTube that I can't find the answer for.

When I watch a video, I usually wait for it to buffer completely because my net can be rather slow and it's annoying to have the video pause in mid scene. But of late, the videos are only buffering up to a certain point, and I have to watch or move the slider (that's what it's called, right? the round thing?) up to that point for it to begin buffering again. And I have to keep doing it until the video's done. Also, when I click on the slider, the grey line showing how much has loaded till now vanishes. This has happened before, but up to now, a couple of refreshes used to fix it. What should I do? I have already cleared my cache, cookies etc., and I don't have a YouTube account.

This happens to me all the time and even if the video is loaded it still does it. I think it's YouTube that has the issue.

I need advice. Last week on Tuesday, my Art History class was divided into different groups, and my group had 5 people. We swapped emails and I was put in charge. That day I sent an email saying we needed to pick an artist from the list we were given to focus on, and to bring 2 sources. She responded to this email with: "Doesnt matter to me , just give me a name , and the work will be done . lets not make this difficult lol". We didn't meet up on Thursday, since people were missing and I honestly forgot who our 5th member was. I talked to the absent people and we decided on an artist, and I sent out an email detailing our plan of action. Most importantly, I said that by Tuesday, everyone had to bring their research or send it to me by email. By Monday, I had sent out five emails in total about our project.

On Tuesday, four of us showed up. When I brought up the missing 5th, one girl said there was no 5th. The other girl said she joined another group, and the guy thought she had just skipped out. So we shrugged and did the project. We split up the work into different sections (futurism, constructivism, focus artist, and the art) and gave each person the research we had gathered for each section and essentially finished the project. I said that by Wednesday, email everyone how long it took to recite their part.

Today, Wednesday, I looked through my email to see everyone's time. I noticed an email from the mystery 5th member. It said this: "So i'm not sure which area i should focus on. How many people are in the group ? you should assign us each a section so we don't have to find hella information just our part." I was flabbergasted! So I called the other leader-type in my group, and we agreed that she dug her own grave. I sent her an email saying this: "I'm sorry, but we split up the work on Tuesday after class, and have the project finished. In the email you responded to that I sent a week ago, I stated that if you couldn't bring your work to class on Tuesday, to send it to me through email. If you had computer issues, I suggest that you talk to (the teacher's name here) since I did send out at least five different emails about our project." Everyone agrees it was reasonable.

Here's the part I need advice on. I feel hella terrible about having to tell this girl she screwed herself over and we won't help her. I know it's her own fault, but I still can't shake the guilt. DC, what do?

Edited by Xeonha

~Merged~

I dun know your project or teacher, but... In any of the group projects I've had to do, except perhaps those where we evaluated our teammates for our teacher, either we all would have been knocked points for the lazy member or the other group member would have been given free points based on our work. So, personally, before doing anything else, I'd suggest you and your group members, including the absent girl, meet with the teacher and see what they want and how they're going to handle the situation. It would suck to think you're done with the situation and have the teacher tell you that you have to re-work it. Good luck. :3

This happens to me all the time and even if the video is loaded it still does it. I think it's YouTube that has the issue.

Me too. I've just put it down to YT being annoying. x3

Luckily the teacher flat out told us that if someone doesn't do their part in the project, to tell her. And we can't talk to the teacher to figure out a solution cause the project is due tomorrow, lol. But thank you! I'll definitely do that next time I come across this problem.

Ah, that's nice.

In that case, just have some ice cream. I'm not sure why someone would wait until the day before a group project to just then think about staring research anyway. That's irresponsible and at least it didn't get you guys screwed over. ;3

Ah, that's nice.

In that case, just have some ice cream. I'm not sure why someone would wait until the day before a group project to just then think about staring research anyway. That's irresponsible and at least it didn't get you guys screwed over. ;3

That sounds brilliant. ICE CREAM, HERE I COME!

British weather? Could do ANYTHING.

But on a more serious note, if you look at the Met Office page for the town/city you're thinking of (e.g. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/london) then click 'Text forecast' (toward the top of the page), that'll have the longest range forecast they'll do, which is a month in advance. Worth noting that they're pretty much just educated guesses - anything longer than about 7 days in advance is near impossible to predict with any accuracy when it comes to UK weather.

They used to do longer range seasonal forecasts, but stopped that after a number of particularly well publicised inaccurate predictions - like their prediction of a 'barbecue' hot summer in 2009, then getting the wettest July since records began.

(edited for typos)

Thanks for the the site looks very useful although can't get it to load properly at the minute, think it's my supid comp mad.gif