*~Soren~*

Art Credits for Eggs

When I re-read the older posts, it seems that most of the people agree that a simple credit on the egg page would be enough and no other fancy stuff is needed.

@Ashywolf: There excists a hidden artist section on the forums that only in-cave spriters can access.

@Ashywolf: There excists a hidden artist section on the forums that only in-cave spriters can access.

*_*

Must get my dragons released nao.

Even thought I fail at art, I'd probably love to have credit for the eggs that may or may not block the cave.

Anyways, there are such things as cute eggs.

Also, I think that there are more common eggs than common dragons, since most people (unless ur really old, they feel like they "Gotta catch 'em all"), if ur new, but have awareness of rares, then you'd prolly go for those, and skip those commons~

Do I make sense? Will this become a flame topic? Only time will tell.

It seems kind of weird to not give them a palette but then create another badge for them.

I think it's fine if they just get credit but no badge and no artist section access.

I agree with this. smile.gif I think that seems fair. I don't think a badge is necessary - credit should be enough. I see the badge as a reward for people who put in the time and effort making hatchlings and adults, which I get the impression take a lot longer than even the most complex eggs.

Edited by StormWizard212

I think egg spriters should get credit for the eggs but yeah, not the badge or access to the artist's area. And having a "based on complexity" judging criteria (for the proposed badge) would be too problematic. People are opinionated, people will get offended, others will get defensive rah rah.

Basically, when I think of the badges and access, I envision a whole heck of table flipping. =p So yeah, I'd settle for just creds on the egg. :3

I don't think they should get into the artist's section, but I definitely think they still deserve credit on the egg page. >_> If someone can get credit for shading a leg on an adult sprite, I mean...

I would agree with this only if ALL the egg spriter got was credit, and nothing else.

I don't think they should be allowed to refuse recolors of their eggs, or bar people from using them as avatars and such. That's all fine and good for hatchlings/adult dragons, but as has been said on this board a couple times already, ANYONE can sprite an egg. Heck, even I'VE made eggs, and I suck at spriting.

And as for the artist section and the palletes, I don't think those should be given to egg spriters either.

But yeah, a simple "Egg Design created by Xxxxx" would be fine, in my opinion.

I don't think they should be allowed to refuse recolors of their eggs, or bar people from using them as avatars and such. That's all fine and good for hatchlings/adult dragons, but as has been said on this board a couple times already, ANYONE can sprite an egg.

I disagree with this. Just because I can draw a cup and everyone else can draw a cup doesn't mean I'm willing to let people edit my cup or use it as an avatar. I put a lot of effort into that cup. D:< And just because anyone can sprite an egg doesn't mean they can do it well.

I disagree with this. Just because I can draw a cup and everyone else can draw a cup doesn't mean I'm willing to let people edit my cup or use it as an avatar. I put a lot of effort into that cup. D:< And just because anyone can sprite an egg doesn't mean they can do it well.

I dunno, it's just my opinion. It would suck to not be all set to make a banner or something, and then "Oops, darn...I have to wait for X person to message me before I can use it."

I've never minded that system with the dragon sprites, but, at least in my opinion, I don't think it should be allowed for eggs. MAYBE allow them to forbid recolors (which again, I really don't agree with that), but refusing use of their egg altogether seems silly to me.

Just because not everyone can draw a cup well doesn't mean a good artist couldn't come along and draw a cup that looked exactly like yours.

I would agree with this only if ALL the egg spriter got was credit, and nothing else.

I don't think they should be allowed to refuse recolors of their eggs, or bar people from using them as avatars and such. That's all fine and good for hatchlings/adult dragons, but as has been said on this board a couple times already, ANYONE can sprite an egg. Heck, even I'VE made eggs, and I suck at spriting.

Anyone can sprite a dragon, but can anyone sprite them well?

Sure, if anyone could make a basic hatchling with 2 shades, but could anyone make a detailed hatchling with 6 shades?

The problem with eggs is that there are exceptions. Some dragons only need a one-coloured egg which can be done by anyone, but when you go into custom shading and detail not anyone can do that.

As a result I don't forsee any equality with this if it was implemented. But in this case I see it better to include than exclude. Does it grant permission to the artist section thing (by the way I have no idea what lies in that realm, so I don't know if my response is justified), probably not.

Edited by Ashywolf

I dunno, it's just my opinion. It would suck to not be all set to make a banner or something, and then "Oops, darn...I have to wait for X person to message me before I can use it."

I've never minded that system with the dragon sprites, but, at least in my opinion, I don't think it should be allowed for eggs. MAYBE allow them to forbid recolors (which again, I really don't agree with that), but refusing use of their egg altogether seems silly to me.

Just because not everyone can draw a cup well doesn't mean a good artist couldn't come along and draw a cup that looked exactly like yours.

I personally think all artist should get respected for their art even when it's the most simple kind of art. They made it, so they should get credited for it and people who want to use their art should ask their permisson (and/or give credit to them).

This doesn't mean that an egg spriter should get the privileg to accept or deny the usage of the dragon sprites of the set they sprited their egg for.

And even if we don't like the work of some artists... it's their creation, their body of thought, their way to visually express themselfs and the credit for this particular piece of art still goes to them.

--------

I would still say, give credits to the egg artists on the view page of the egg, but no badge, "in-cave spriter"-title or access to the hidden artist section. Just a plain and simple credit on the site.

Maybe adding a poll to this topic could be of help?

Yes, I definitely agree. When you look at the fancier designs like the Golden Wyvern eggs, for example, the artists do put work into them.

If the egg isn't, for example, just a simple solid colour, default texture egg, then the artist should be given credit.