*~Soren~*

Art Credits for Eggs

I skimmed over this and thought about it awhile. I myself would want credit for the eggs I make. Most of them have lil things hanging off or special designs (like in my siggy) that took me awhile to make (I am still learning but still took me awhile). Having people get into the Spriters only section for an egg, I don't think is needed. Just credit on the bottom of the scroll or something.

I did think of one thing though, the Pygmy hatchies. Pygmy hatchies are about the same size (maybe smaller) than eggs. Those people got credit for those and I believe they got access to the spriter only area. Hatchies in general are a bit bigger than eggs and those people who worked hard on those get credit and possibly in the Spriters only area. I guess I just wanted to point that out.

Maybe for people who make special eggs could get a "badge" like the pallets. They could be a tiny egg with a paintbrush next to their name. IDK I think that could be cute idea.

Yeah I think I contradicted myself in this but I didn't know how else to say it. tongue.gif

I still think that the pygmy hatchies need more work than an egg (with the exception of certain intricate egg designs, maybe). Because it's incredibly hard to make such a small sprite actually look like a dragon.

Eggs, on the other hand, have several things in common: Their general shape is always the same, plus the type of shading is usually the same, too. Adding small little things to the egg (as in your signature) doesn't make it that much more special, definitely not more special than the pygmy hatchling.

Dragons and hatchlings take work. Don't suggest that your eggs are harder to make than whole hatchlings and adults.

Credits for eggs: If they're elaborate, I don't see a problem with it. I also don't see a neeeeeed for it, but it might be nice.

It doesn't take a lot of effort to make an egg when you understand the basics of shading. Most eggs share a palette with the adult, so the person who makes the egg rips that from the adult sprite and adds a few markings or other "special" things. when you get good at actually pixeling from scratch it takes even less time (unless you're like me and are easily distracted).

The Pygmy example was because someone earlier said that eggs are only a few pixels, so I was comparing the size of pygmy hatchies to regular sized eggs. I stated I wasn't good and still learning about eggs n such so that's one reason why it takes me longer. I never said they were better than the hatchies or such though. My eggs are not better than adults or hatchies so IDK where that came from, I was just stating sometimes it's hard making eggs with intricate things too. Anyways, what I said was misunderstood. I just wanted to state what was on my mind.

I'm probably going to get shot for this, but here goes~

I'd be okay with this only if the people doing eggs weren't given palettes or admission into the artist area.

This sounds like a perfect compromise to me.

I like doing eggs, although I'm still learning. I would love credit for them! smile.gif I agree that I shouldn't get a pallete. Maybe if you make an egg you get a leetle badge of an egg like someone else said? That would be cool. biggrin.gif A little access would be cool, like being able to see a few things. Or none if nobody wants to.

What if artists could "let in" egg artists to the section? If someone did a few very good amazing eggs, an artist may decide to let them have access. smile.gif But then again, maybe it would become having to be good friends with an artist to get in. sad.gif

Eh, having "letting in" could would lead to favoritism drama.

Yeah, I could imagine drama from that. People who did eggs but weren't let in would feel stigmatized and under-valued. People who are close friends with artists would bug them to be let in, whether their art is very good or not.

I'm going to say the compromise is best; egg artists get credit, but no access to the artist section.

It seems kind of weird to not give them a palette but then create another badge for them.

I think it's fine if they just get credit but no badge and no artist section access.

Yeah, It was a random thought. What are peoples' opinions on a leetle egg badge?

I like the leetle egg badge idea. biggrin.gif Maybe something with an egg and a small paintbrush looking like it's painting the egg. IDK. I do like that idea though.

It seems kind of weird to not give them a palette but then create another badge for them.

I think it's fine if they just get credit but no badge and no artist section access.

This would be my opinion.

as an egg artist (and requests stalker >_>)

this good for me personally

i don't need a leetle badge laugh.gif

Aww...I made you all a leetle egg too... sad.gif

user posted image

I think if a forum badge was implemented, it should only be given out to complex egg designs (Glory Drakes, autumns, deepseas, etc.) or custom cracking sequences (Magmas and embers). You wouldn't get any special privileges along with the badge, it'd just be a sign that says "I'm good at making eggs!" in the concept section xd.png

I think a badge either has to be given out for all egg creators or for none. Once you just give the badge to those with "more complex designs" people are going to start wanting something for plainer eggs, like a plainer badge.

Anyway, as kyooooooot as a leetle egg badge as that is, I still don't think a badge is necessary. :3

I'm probably going to get shot for this, but here goes~

I'd be okay with this only if the people doing eggs weren't given palettes or admission into the artist area.

Anyone can make an egg. Anyone. And the work pales in comparison to the work put into the hatchlings, adults, and actual concept.

I would go with what Kila said.

It just would be nice to know who made the eggs. And even when the eggs don't take that long to be made, the person still put work into it and I think that should be credited by simply mentioning their name at the bottom of an eggs page.

No fancy badges, admisson to special forum areas or member titles needed, just a written name at the bottom of a page.

Yes, I think just having your username at the bottom is enough.

I don't really think that you need a badge or anything. You don't even have to know anything about spriting to make a new egg. Just coloring.

Yes, I think just having your username at the bottom is enough.

I don't really think that you need a badge or anything. You don't even have to know anything about spriting to make a new egg. Just coloring.

Ya, the only time any skill is needed is when pretteh custom shading is done, and the people who do that tend to also be shading adults, perhaps the artist who did the adult the egg is for, and in that case they're getting the badge and such from the adult.

I've never really had an opinion on this, but there are some eggs I'm proud of and spent ages and ages on composing such as that one I did for the Archipelago. Nevertheless, I don't care much about a badge/whatever. Though I wouldn't mind at least being mentioned in the credits.

Then again, hatchlings get that sort of credit...some hatchlings are pretty basic and are far more simple than the eggs some users come up with.

*shrug*

Artist section? Wut?

Edited by Ashywolf

The way I see it, if artist of the egg did nothing BUT the egg, I only see rights to just having their name on the credit list for the egg and nothing else. This means no access to artist area nor real say over the breed as the eggs are the easist of the sprite set to make.