DragonRider13

Super Powers

Wow, this sound like a really lame topic, but I searched and did not find, so:

Some food for thought:

Have you ever seen somebody do something you couldn't explain?

Have you ever done something you couldn't explain?

Do you dream about the future?

Can you fly? (Joking)

Seriously. I'm just curious to see if there are any 'special' people out there.

THIS IS NOT A 'I SAW A GHOST' THREAD. SUPER POWERS, NOT PARANORMAL ACTIVITY.

! ! This is not a religion disussion thread. If this somehow goes against your beliefs, leave it. Don't comment at all. ! !

*Sets out Kryptonite*

Discuss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by DragonRider13

I can turn invisible.

Okay, okay, seriously? I don't have any type of super power, nor have I witnessed something unexplainable.

Some scientists did experiments on some Tibetan monks as they meditated. They were able to withstand temperatures lower than any other person may be able to stand otherwise merely by intense meditation. These are also the guys that can lay on nails and whatnot.

I, myself, can only meditate well enough to ignore smaller pains. Twinged ankle, stomach ache, etc. I can hypnotize myself with the light dentists use to see into your mouth to completely blank out on whatever is being done in there. I don't wanna know :P

I can also dream into the future, as you mentioned. But it's usually so far ahead that I have a feeling of deja vu at the time of the event, but remember the dream a little later. I've heard that it's just your brain working on various environmental factors around you to predict what will happen soon, but I can't explain my years in advance...

Whoa, Vexx, I wish I could meditate like that. And dream like that. My mom can do that too, but it was about marrying my dad, when she JUST met him. Now that is weird.

If you're wondering, no I do not have any awesome superpowers. But one time, when I was playing basketball in gym, this one kid threw a basketball, which was about 10 inches off, but somehow it changed directions and went into the hoop. Weird. Nobody really noticed it but me and my friend.

EDIT: One time I lay on nails, at a science museum. It was actually quite comfy!

:3

Edited by DragonRider13

Meditation isn't that hard. :P Thinking of practicing a bit more and see how far I can get. Usually I'm such a wuss with pain.

I know a heck of a lot of different 'superpowers' that people have, but none are personal. Like the blind kid that can go around with echolocation, people with super perception (who make a living as 'psychics'), etc etc...

I love Ripley's Believe It or Not books ;D

Edit: Did you then break bricks on your chest? >w>

Edited by Vexx

Yeah, some people are really cool.

This thread isn't really about superpowers, like Superman or anything, but more or less awesome and sometimes unexplainable things people can do.

Ahaha even though I got no super powers, I wish I can fly and control the element wind or go invisible :]

Some scientists did experiments on some Tibetan monks as they meditated. They were able to withstand temperatures lower than any other person may be able to stand otherwise merely by intense meditation. These are also the guys that can lay on nails and whatnot.

I, myself, can only meditate well enough to ignore smaller pains. Twinged ankle, stomach ache, etc. I can hypnotize myself with the light dentists use to see into your mouth to completely blank out on whatever is being done in there. I don't wanna know tongue.gif

I can also dream into the future, as you mentioned. But it's usually so far ahead that I have a feeling of deja vu at the time of the event, but remember the dream a little later. I've heard that it's just your brain working on various environmental factors around you to predict what will happen soon, but I can't explain my years in advance...

I've seen those monks break steel robs by smahing it against their forehead. One smack, and the rob breaks entirely in two... These rods were like 2" thick, no joke. It was insane.

Those sound awesome. I just wish I could fly... sometimes I even have dreams about flying...

They are awesomesauce.

I've seen those monks break steel robs by smahing it against their forehead. One smack, and the rob breaks entirely in two... These rods were like 2" thick, no joke. It was insane.

O.O

Scary.

Edited by DragonRider13

I have that dream thing too! I don't get it though. My brian can tell EXACTLY how events are going to happen, with the way people are talking, posing, what they're saying, what I'm doing myself?

No. There's no way our brains can predict that just by interpretting it's environment.

And I notice when I'm witnessing what my dream saw. It's freaky o__o I've told my dad, and he's like, 'You're an oracle! biggrin.gif' xd.png

Solid metal rods are weaker than hollow ones. Just saying.

I read about the monks.

Dreams? I really hope I don't dream of the future xd.png

I've no superpowers, although I am fairly observant. Helps in finding bugs 'n loose change.

I dream of the future, I think most people do though. It's annoying.

My psychology professor told me about this trip she went on in africa, I think. Or somewhere similar. I don't remember what she said she was studying. She was watching a few tribesmen do a dance around a man who was laying down. One of them was sitting off to the side sharpening a machete. He got up, took a huge piece of sugar cane, and effortlessly chopped it into a bunch of tiny pieces to demonstrate how sharp it was, then stood above the guy who was laying down. The guy with the machete raised it above his head and struck the man in the chest with the sharpened blade. My teacher was so close, she saw his skin have a brief dent in it from the machete, but it didn't cut him. She dropped her camera and ran.

One time I was really mad at this guy at a church picnic because he kept throwing ice cubes at me. I turned around and started walking away to get my ice-water-filled super soaker and I had this feeling I needed to reach behind me. I did and caught an ice cube that would have hit me in the head otherwise. This all took place in the span of time it takes to take one step.

I've also caught water glasses that were about to fall of the table and I was facing the other way.

*shrug*

I've had some funky dreams that became reality, too, but none of them about important stuff (unless there's someone out there that counts meeting a celebrity as important).

Hm... The only thing I ever witnessed was a dream of the future. Well, sorta.-kinda. My dream was a school day, and it almost went exactly how I dreamed, so... ._.

Then my sister lost a head of one of her figurines, heh, and she had a dream where it was. Well, we shared a room, and not two separate beds but a bunk bed, and she woke up screaming, "I KNOW WHERE IT IS!" She then went to the exact box in the corner of our room and found it. It was scary.

Edited by Saskia

i can't "see" the future but i am fairly decent at predicting it.

i am a logical person, every online quiz says so. lol, but give me someone i know and a scenario and i can tell you how said person would act in said scenario. unless they do a 180 with their personality, i'm usually close to what happened.

its why i don't watch to many movies, it's no fun when i can tell (roughly) what is going to happen. the few movies i do like are the ones with the WTF endings.

i was told this is down right weird though.

although i'm a logical person by nature, i can't handle numbers. srrly it took me until middle school to memorize my home phone #.

I'd like to pause the time. Period.

BTW, people can die if they can run superfast.

And I can see the future. Sometimes, I realize that I already saw that thing happen or exist. But never realized it till it happened.

Edited by caramba2654

Precognition - yes. I have future-dreams. The most amazing thing I've ever done is predict when and where my best friend would get kissed. Under the tree in the middle of the playground during 7th period of the day I predicted it (didn't mark it down, darn). The thing is, our 7th period teacher would have NEVER let us out on the playground - She was incredibly strict and was all-work and no-play. The teacher had something come up unexpectedly RIGHT as 7th period started, and against the odds the class finished the mound of work we had. So we went outside and it happened. (My friend, her boyfriend at the time, and several other people will confirm all of this - This was the only time I predicted without being asleep. I did it as a request for my best friend and it worked. Heh.)

I've laid on a bed of nails before. There was no weight on me, but the bed at MOSI (the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa, Florida) withdrew its nails within the bed, had you lie down on what was just plastic, and when you pressed the button the nails came up and supported you. I thought it was really cool.

But the most amazing super power I've seen was Jeremy Bates from Revolution Speak. He's a hero. He saves lives through his speeches, and saves those who are going downhill. Even sitting in a room with 300 other people, it felt like he was speaking to me. I fought through teachers sobbing my eyes out after the performance just so I could run up to him and hug him. No one out there knows about how much I used to hurt, but he understood. That total stranger saved my life. He's the best kind of superhero - better than anyone you'll see in a Marvel comic. He's the kind of guy that was raised low as dirt, but somehow still found the strength to get up there, talk about what happened to him, and really move you. Thanks again, Jeremy.

Lets see...

I have ungodly vision. I can read things about a mm tall from 6 or 7 ft away.

I have dreams about future events.

And occasionally, it seems I exist outside of time. Things take forever, but it has only been a few seconds persay.

I space out a lot while writing stories and I won't think of it as I go, but I'll see it happening. And I guess I can type well enough without looking down at my fingers and stuff that I can continue typing o3o

I can kinda tell things before their going to happen, predict them.

It's just a feeling, a strong conviction. Occasionally, like Zeekaice, I kinda space out. I'll be reading, in what I feel is a few seconds, but is actually quite a period of time.

Also, although it isn't a "super power", I have a very, very strong spatial [capacity?, ability?, sense?]

I don't know if this counts as a "superpower" as it's relatively useless but...

I can hear ultrasonic. I can't hear ALL ultrasonic, of course... but the "lower" frequency stuff, that most people I guess can't hear, I can.

Learned this accidentally during a physics lab, back when I was in college. They had an ultrasonic emitter for studying soundwaves, and my lab partner kept screwing with the dials... making the waves go up and down. AND (to me) creating an ear-piercing noise every time he turned the dial down towards the low end. Finally I slammed my pencil down and told him to cut it out... resulting in everyone looking at me like I had 3 heads and going "What noise?"

Rest of that lab was devoted to testing my hearing.

I never realized other people couldn't hear what I heard. I thought everyone could hear bats, and dog whistles. *shrugs*

I don't think this classifies as a superpower, but...

I have a uncanny ability to gauge what kind of person a complete stranger is. For example, i meet a friend of a friend at a party. As soon as i make eye contact, i automatically gauge the person. If the person gives me a bad feeling, I get a sick feeling in my stomach, and have dreams that night about that person. And these dreams portray the person doing something in the future, usually bad. Then, in usually a months time, the dream happens in reality.

My mum also has premonition like dreams. There was a 20 million lotto 2 years ago, and mum had a bizarre dream where she was holding a lotto ticket, with the 'winning numbers' on it. Not being superstitious, mum paid no attention to the dream. Next night, the EXACT numbers which occurred in her dream were the winning lotto numbers...

I wanted to kick her so hard for not buying a ticket...XD

Ah.

I kinda have that, google. I classify people by their personalities, and...well...it's weird. I'd rather not say now. I also have this kinda sherlock holmes ability; I can guess facts about a person, like they consider themselves messy, they had spaghetti, etc, although I trained myself to do it and I'm sure that you could as well, so it's not really an ability.

Hmm... does being able to influence the lag on my computer count as a super power? (Holiday releases here I come! xd.png)

Seriously, it helps with trades, releases, and loading cafe world dry.gif

If I were able to choose a super power, it'd be 'Give people, including myself, powers' power