Team EG-X

Vocaloid and UTAUloid Discussion Thread

^ Of course. *cough* Duke of Madness Venomania *cough*

Anyways, out of all the UTAUs, I really like Namine Ritsu too ;^;

Hehe, my favourite newly discovered Vocaloid songs are Cantarella, Lord Of Darkness (sad!), Black Cats Of The Eve and Secret Garden - yes I listened to some Oliver songs! Although, his and Len's cover of PonPonPon was WEIRD. I also found a Kaito cover of Monster by Lady Gaga, which is strangely brilliant. Oh, and I watched Len's Psychotic Love Song with English subtitles too, and it's now officially the saddest song I have ever heard *sob*

Oh, and XiaoChibi, I kind of like Madness of Duke Venomania, insofar as I like any Gakapo songs. I have a dragon named after the song, as I do with Thousand-Year Solo, Lord Of Darkness, Trick and Treat, Time Forgotten One, Game Of Life, Judgement Of Corruption, Alice Human Sacrifice, Dark Woods Circus, The Servant Of Evil, Black Cats Of The Eve... Just work downwards from here on my scroll to see them all!

EDIT: OMG. A while back I tried to breed Kaito's Judgement Of Corruption with Miku's Game Of Life, and got a rejection. So I moved the Game Of Life name to another dragon, and just now I tried again... and got a reject. OK, you guys, I get it! I give up! Obviously you two songs just hate each other! xd.png

Edited by dracopenguin

The Gakupo in my avvie is from the song Dr. Realist, which is in a very wonderful series that has so many names I can't actually figure out what the series is called(I prefer to call it the Fantasy Cinema series, though.). It's also a bit difficult to understand the order of the songs, but most of the more popular vocaloids have a song in there.

I have taken quite a liking to SeeU, Big Al, and Kiyoteru recently. I need to go explore the world of UTAUloids, though, as I know basically nothing about them tongue.gif

I continue to loathe Rin and Len singing together and love Rin alone, but I believe I'm starting to loosen up on Len a little bit. Maybe I won't hate his guts soon ;D

How do you guys feel about covers and dubs?

Because frankly, Razzy's version of Duke Venomania ohmygod.

ETA: although now I've changed to the DC avvie, but meh.

Edited by Aquenee

Am I the only one getting really annoyed that the Vocaloids tend to enter songs under several different names on Grooveshark? Finding Kagamine songs is nearly impossible with the millions of different names my favourite twins/vocaloids have entered themselves under... Lovin' the Spinning Song, and Adolesence. I spend a lot of my time now scouring this thread, searching song titles that people have mentioned, listening to them, and Googling the English lyrics if I like it biggrin.gif So many Vocaloid songs have beautiful/sad/disturbing lyrics (Cantarella? Really? I can't hear it without thinking about Kaito raping Miku now blink.gif ) I love Time Forgotten One's lyrics the most, it is the saddest song I have ever heard except Len's Psychotic Love Song *shudder* I adore Secret Garden, but I've hated every other song with Ollie in it so far! He's so adorable that I can forgive him... not as adorable as Kaito though tongue.gif

EDIT: Oooooh! Black Vow is awesome! And Regret Message, and Daughter Of Evil - nearly as good as Lord Of Darkness! Oh, and Meltdown's just come on and sounds epic... /is in new Vocaloid song paradise.

Edited by dracopenguin

So far, my top three favorites are SeeU, Luka, and Gumi. Miku I don't really care for. Her voice is good, but I don't get all the hype.

Favorite song for each...

I=Fantasy

Just Close Your Eyes

Megu Megu Fire Endless Night/Sorry For Being a Closet Otaku

searching song titles that people have mentioned, listening to them,

*immediately pokes song flood at*

ANTI THE∞HOLiC/ANTI THE INFINITE HOLiC - Pick a version. Any version.

Nishiki no Mai - Gakupo/Gakuko

The Purple Forest - Miku & Kaito

King of Purple - Gakupo (hey, you said you liked the Rin Daughter of Evil and Kaito Lord of Darkness.. ;D)

The entire Fantasy Cinema series, which will be..

Runaway Boy and Lost Girl - Gumi

Nun & Idol Girl - Miku

Dr. Realist - Gakupo

The Lost Girl and the Meteor Gentleman/Another Lost Girl - Gumi + Gakupo

Adventurous Girl and the Miniature Garden Game - Miku

Reincarnated Boy and Reincarnated Girl - Rin/Len

Radio Girl and the Fantasy Garden - 'Miku' + Gakupo

Childish Girl and the Grown Up World - 'Gumi'

and now that the shameless love of that series is over..

Matryoshka - Not originally vocaloid, but pick a version, any version!

Bad Apple!! - Same as above. Originally Touhou.

Dunno if you'd like English vocaloids, not to mention I can really only vouch for Oliver, but meh?

Ice Sculptures - Oliver

Ephesus - Oliver(be prepared, Oliver hits the exact opposite of puberty moreso than Len.)

Pumpkin March - Oliver

PonPonPon - Not originally vocaloid. Pick any version, I like Oliver/Len version best.

A, You're Adorable - Not originally vocaloid, but that Oliver/Kaai Yuki version is so adorable.

Back to the Japanese, if English isn't your thing..

Owata - Gakupo with Rin/Miku. Quite adorable~

Dancing Samurai - Gakupo

Hrrm, I need less Gakupo songs here. Or just more Kaito.

Sweet's Beast - Kaito

LOVELESSxxx - Kaito/Len/Gakupo

Sandplay of the Singing Dragon - Pick a version. Kaito/Len/Gakupo is my favorite.

Judgement of Corruption - Kaito(Because really, we can't get much better than the Sin series.)

Trick and Treat - Obvious popular rin/len song is obvious, but I prefer Kaito/Gakupo version.

- Kaito

...Uh, yeah. LOTS of variety there. xd.png I don't expect you to go through many(or any, really) of these, but it was a nice excuse to get some of my less popular favorites out there.

ALSO THE -Night SERIES IS AWESOME

It's eurobeat and fuuuuuun.

Oh man, these Kagamine songs I've been obsessesd with are so sad... I've almost given up on googling the lyrics because I just want to cry every time I hear them xd.png Just realised that the start of Regret Message follows on directly from the end of Servant Of Evil blink.gif THAT IS SO AWESOME! *hugs Rin/Len* OMG, I am literally married to every Kagamine song in existence... I adore their music so much, either together, alone, or with other Vocaloids like Miku and Kaito. Black Vow's playing right now, it's just so cool!

Oh man, these Kagamine songs I've been obsessesd with are so sad... I've almost given up on googling the lyrics because I just want to cry every time I hear them xd.png Just realised that the start of Regret Message follows on directly from the end of Servant Of Evil blink.gif THAT IS SO AWESOME! *hugs Rin/Len* OMG, I am literally married to every Kagamine song in existence... I adore their music so much, either together, alone, or with other Vocaloids like Miku and Kaito. Black Vow's playing right now, it's just so cool!

I agree ;*; Their songs are so depressing at times...

Guys, I have a question. My friend introduced me to Searching For You In The Sky (Len) and its sequel, Paradise Of Light And Shadow (Rin & Len) - but we don't know what the last song in the series is. Does anyone know?

Thanks! *tries but fails to find that song on Grooveshark* Goddangit, the other two were on there!

EDIT: Found it, along with Twilight Night and Crazy Night to go with Bad End Night which I already had biggrin.gif Another question for you: do you know what order the Night songs go in? The lyrics don't make it very clear...

EDIT 2: WOW! I found a cover of Speed Of Sound by Oliver, and it's now one of my favourite songs. Go Ollie!

EDIT 3: OMG TAITO SINGS! I never knew! He is soooo epic man!

Edited by dracopenguin

The more anime you watch, the more you want Vocaloids to cover related songs.. and the happier you are when you DO find covers.

And the angrier you get when you can't find covers.

Vocaloid + ANY SZS OP or ED(especially Marionette <3) = Love... if it existed... someone make it exist >_>

On another note, addicted to iNSaNiTY, of many versions. Hoping to find an Oliver version that isn't one of the remixes D:

OMG. Practically my favourite non-vocaloid song EVER, Fireflies, has been covered by Oliver. That's right, Owl City - you can leave now. Goodbye.

Finding songs by Oliver on Youtube is my new favourite hobby - although his voice occasionally sounds pretty awful, I don't know why. My favourite is Slendy's Watching Me, the cutest song in the world. I'm so glad that he's one of the few people that actually understands Slenderman. I like Insanity too, although I've only ever heard the Frost Mix - like Aquenee, I can't find the original anywhere...

Edited by dracopenguin

I was about to make this thread if I couldn't find it!

Anyway, Vocaloids are something I listen to all the time! I have an entire playlist for my favorite Vocaloid music, and it has like 40 songs. I always listen to it on shuffle.

Obsessed with Oliver at the moment, and Taito. I LOVE Taito's voice wub.gif Sometimes he even outdoes Kaito! And, as you can see, my signature has gone a tiny bit Kaito-crazy this week xd.png I literally spent my entire weekend listening to Vocaloid tunes in my room after I set up an old MP3 player to run through my speakers; I think I must have listened to Vocaloid songs about 100 times in two days... That's practically my entire collection twice. I have 52 Vocaloid songs on said MP3 player, and my collection is growing! It's mostly Rin, Len, Kaito and group songs, with the odd Gakupo or Miku song, one each by Gumi and Luka, two Taito songs, Nigaito's adorable cover of Alice In Dreamland and more or less every Oliver song I could find (i.e. not many) on the end biggrin.gif I am loving Song Of Healing - Oliver + Legend Of Zelda = PURE EPIC. As does Oliver + Slenderman in the aforementioned Slendy's Watching Me. Zelda, Slenderman, Owl City, Mad World, Coldplay - is there nothing I love that Oliver hasn't covered/sung a song about? <3 Did you know that Oliver's pet goldfinch is called James? Ok. I'll shut up now.

EDIT: Whoah! Every other post for the last nine posts is one of mine! I literally stalk this thread waiting for someone to post, so that I have an excuse to make a post in return xd.png

Edited by dracopenguin

I like Insanity too, although I've only ever heard the Frost Mix - like Aquenee, I can't find the original anywhere...

My favorite version of the original iNSaNiTY:

And yeah, Oliver is apparently VERY difficult to work with, so there's no surprise that he's going to sound awful at times. But I still love him *huggles Oliver* There's some place where he's sang Puff, the Magic Dragon if you've not heard it. I'll have to go find it again.

I counted recently and among all of the dragons I own with names relating to songs, about three/fourths of them are songs by Oliver or I first heard through Oliver >_> My favorite song constantly shifts, but I'm currently most in love with

, hence the guardians "Shut Down the Starlight" and "Burned By a Holy Flame"

Please, dear god, someone make a cover of Marionette by Kaito already. I'm going to hear him singing "Marionette~ Teacher's pet~ Sensei no petto~" before I die >_>

Or more Disney songs. YES. Gakupo Hellfire. That's got to already exist.. *runs off to search*

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG A VOCALOID COVER OF PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON!!!!!!!!! *dies of joy* It is the best. Thing. EVER. Thanks so much Aquenee, for introducing me to the singular best song that has ever been recorded.

Anyway, that is a very good version of iNSaNiTY there too - although, why isn't Gakupo on it more? He sounds utterly gorgeous with SeeU! wub.gif LOL, a few weeks ago I couldn't stand Gakpo's voice... He is slowly winning me over, song by song xd.png I love his personality and song lyrics, mostly because I have an unhealthy obsession with mental illness (hence my adoration of Jeff The Killer, and Taito.)

Edited by dracopenguin

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG A VOCALOID COVER OF PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON!!!!!!!!! *dies of joy* It is the best. Thing. EVER. Thanks so much Aquenee, for introducing me to the singular best song that has ever been recorded.

Anyway, that is a very good version of iNSaNiTY there too - although, why isn't Gakupo on it more? He sounds utterly gorgeous with SeeU!  wub.gif  LOL, a few weeks ago I couldn't stand Gakpo's voice... He is slowly winning me over, song by song  xd.png  I love his personality and song lyrics, mostly because I have an unhealthy obsession with mental illness (hence my adoration of Jeff The Killer, and Taito.)

which is really funny because Gakupo and his Engrish.

oh what was that, moar mental illness/insane Gakupo?

Linked before, STILL my favorite Gakupo song. Dr. Realist.

To be honest, from the start, I was a Kaito fangirl. And then I heard Gakupo and kinda threw every other existing vocaloid aside for months xd.png

Oooooh, I'm listening to Dr. Realist right now and it's brilliantly mad! biggrin.gif Hehe, I am going to have to send all of these to my friend, she is a complete Gakupo fangirl. I still prefer Rin, Len, Kaito and Oliver. But yeah, that Puff The Magic Dragon cover is my favourite song now. Broken English/Japanese accents = adorable wub.gif Did you know that Oliver has put words to the Song Of Healing from LOZ: Majora's Mask? That's the other English Vocaloid song I'm obsessed with at the moment. It is beautiful/creepy as heck - especially as it reminds me of the Ben Drowned creepypasta every time (Google it) blink.gif

I've been listening to Miku's

recently; it's sad...

Here's a link to a

I know this is a tad random, but I couldn't resist breeding some of my Vocaloid-themed pairs and, well, where better to offer them up than here?

Egg 1: Speckle-Throat from Cat Ear Switch and Psychotic Love Song (lineage) Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Egg 2: Purple Dorsal from Rin Kagamine Daughter Of Evil and Dark Woods Circus; it also has other Vocaloid names in its even-gen lineage. Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Nobody claimed them, so I shoved them on the Community Notice Board and they're gone now tongue.gif

Edited by dracopenguin

ahh wow I really love vocaloid!

SeeU is my favorite, it's a shame that so many people dislike her? Her cover of Leave In Summer, Yet You're In My Fluffoughts is great uvu I love electroswing music ahaha, , ,,,

Is anyone here a fan of Hachi? He made a lot of popular songs, including Matryoshka, Panda Hero, Princess Sleeps With Electronic Sounds, Rakshasa and Carcasses, and In A Rainy Town, Balloons Dance With Devils. His songs are all so neat, I love them uwu