Team EG-X

Vocaloid and UTAUloid Discussion Thread

Speaking of Iroha...

Nakimushi Kareshi

^ A duet with Nekomura Iroha and Utatane Piko.

And I just have to say I LOVE HER VOICE SO MUCH.

Here, she sounds so real, yet so surreal. It's amazing. @.@

Haha, yeah~ ^^ Her voice is one of the things I love about her. I originally thought she'd have a higher pitch (the fact she loves Hello Kitty influenced me to believe this), but her vocal range is amazing! She can hit high notes AND low notes.

She looks so young, but has a mature voice that's pleasing to the ears. I also just recently found out that her voice sounds great with Len's (in my opinion anyway).

Two of my favorites sung by her:

- She sounds so nice in this one. Such a determined sounding voice. If she gets an Append Determined should be one of them. ^^

Double Suicide - Iroha Nekomura - Not as bad as the title sounds. (In Japanese it can also stand for "in the middle of the heart.") It's one of her originals and the first song I ever heard by her and my favorite.

Haha, yeah~ ^^ Her voice is one of the things I love about her. I originally thought she'd have a higher pitch (the fact she loves Hello Kitty influenced me to believe this), but her vocal range is amazing! She can hit high notes AND low notes.

She looks so young, but has a mature voice that's pleasing to the ears. I also just recently found out that her voice sounds great with Len's (in my opinion anyway).

Two of my favorites sung by her:

- She sounds so nice in this one. Such a determined sounding voice. If she gets an Append Determined should be one of them. ^^

Double Suicide - Iroha Nekomura - Not as bad as the title sounds. (In Japanese it can also stand for "in the middle of the heart.") It's one of her originals and the first song I ever heard by her and my favorite.

Iroha - The Place Where You Are

This song... it's just... pure <3

Apparently there's a new Vocaloid character - IA coming out in January, which is based on the actual Jpop singer Lia and Tumbrl told me about a demo of her because it's a cover for the OP of Air TV series and I like this song so much. I hope that the full version of this cover will be available soon. *A*

Besides that, I think her voice is pretty fine, too.

Edited by lightbird

AH! vocaloid! yes!

im new to the forums and rather new to vocaliod (first listened in jan) and it is amazing. im not the most knowlegable though, but... i want to be ;_;

favourite is kaito, so kill me, and favourite song is probably along the lines of... cantarella.

singing the op of air you dont say? that would be amazing...

I didn't know there were so many people who like Vocaloid ohmy.gif

I LOVE MIKU, mostly because of the fact that she sounds a lot like me ><

I must have went deaf listening to The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku like a million times.

A new Vocaloid? Really? Looking forward to that biggrin.gif

Apparently there's a new Vocaloid character - IA coming out in January, which is based on the actual Jpop singer Lia and Tumbrl told me about a demo of her because it's a cover for the OP of Air TV series and I like this song so much. I hope that the full version of this cover will be available soon.  *A*

Besides that, I think her voice is pretty fine, too.

Just listened to the demo today, and I believe she's one of the most realistic-sounding Vocaloids of Vocaloid 3. She reminded me of Yuzuki Yukari. Both have very wonderful and vibrant voices, and their voices happen to be my type; smooth and low. <3

When I first heard IA sing for a few seconds, I kind of thought it was Luka singing; not because of her appearance, but her voice as well. Eventually I found differences of course, but I'm beginning to feel that newer Vocaloids are starting to sound the same to me and it's hard to tell anymore. I dunno, that's just me I guess. D;

But that doesn't mean I won't enjoy the newer Vocaloids; neither does it mean I'll forget about Miku and the gang. I love 'em all. :3

On a side-note, Yuzuki Yukari really reminded me of Nekomura Iroha; just like when I first saw her, I thought she'd have this really high-pitched voice, but it's actually nice, low and elegant-sounding.

...Yuzuki = Bunny, Nekomura = Kitty.

. c:

Edit: Slightly off-topic,

(Just Be Friends + Meltdown) + (Halyosy + Yoppei) = Best Nico Nico Singer Remix EVAR.

Edited by Felicityluff

Hm, Yuzuki Yukari does indeed sound quite realistic - it's probably her specific pitch that I'm not that fond of, it's a bit too soundless for my preferences. Iroha is quite nice, though.

Lia, whose voice was used as a base for IA, also has a relatively low pitch, and at the harmonics change from 1:24 into the demo video you can recognise Lia's pitch, if you know what to look for. :3 Compare with the

. Edited by lightbird

o_0 to think I've never found the vocaloid thread till now...

*jumps in to discussion* I'm actually a rather large vocaloid fan xd.png; But most of my work is on the singing side of things, since I do cover vocaloid songs, I collab with fellow singers and I'm currently working on a chorus contest for vocaloid songs.

My fave songs at the moment are Badbye (<3 Senka's cover), Senbonzakura (I'm not too sure if its my favourite still, after listening to that audition... T^T), Karakuri burst (Mai sounds epic!)

My all time favourites have to include Cendrillon, Iroha Uta, Imitation Black, Sigre and Omoide Kakera.

O holy censorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gif*

that I have not seen this thread before </3

give me gakupo and I'll be happy for the rest of my life <3

and I want luka as my teacher <3

O holy censorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gif*

that I have not seen this thread before </3

give me gakupo and I'll be happy for the rest of my life <3

and I want luka as my teacher <3

Ff, have you seen Dr.Realist? I want Gakupo for a teacher!

Then again, that would be pretty depressing..

haven't seen ohmy.gif

however I do have paranoid doll and a few songs like nishiki no mai and madness of duke venomania <3

I must admit I rather have the real deal (Gackt-sama) than Gakupo but hey... it's both hot :3

I've been a Vocaloid fan for a while now (can't remember how long, though). It's rather hilarious how my curiosity gets me into finding interesting things. xd.png

Anywho, I'm still trying to figure out who is who as far as the newer Vocaloids go (I fail with names almost 85% of the time -__-'). A few of my favorite songs are Alice Human Sacrifice, Oyasumi no Uta (Song of Goodnight) (although, this song tends to put me to sleep; it's too peaceful!), Kakome Kakome (I don't mind listening to it on occasion), and the Story of Evil series. I would love to list all of my favorites, but that would just take up probably a span of 2 pages on the forum if that were the case, lol.

I'm still trying to catch up on listening to Vocaloid songs (I currently have a 6 1/2 pages long list of songs and series I have yet to listen to in my thought journal, good grief). As for why I have that list, it's just to remember them all and so I can listen to them once I get the chance (my computer's audio doesn't work, so I have to use one at my school, borrow my uncle's, or try to find another internet-compatible device to listen to them on). Of course, you could tell that I was a Vocaloid fan off the bat if you noticed the naming scheme on some of my dragons.

Edited by Kimoko_the_Dragon

Of course, you could tell that I was a Vocaloid fan off the bat if you noticed the naming scheme on some of my dragons.

I actually saw your scroll a few days ago, and did quite a few double-takes before hunting through for every Vocaloid reference I could find rolleyes.gif

Technically I've only liked it for about two weeks. Though, there are a few certain songs I really loved that I came across years ago, such as Kakome Kakome. I did see Servant of Evil before but I really don't like it as much as I did then.

It's this thing.. I like Rin's voice but it doesn't particularly stand out, and same with Rin and Len together, but for some reason I really dislike Len's voice alone. It just makes me feel kind of annoyed, dunno why.

Favorite series has to be the Girl's Fantasy Cinema.

I just got done watching a

not too long ago, I think you better check it out. I also found the DVD to the rest, I wish I had more cash to buy it.

I've been looking around for a bit but which vocaloids are new now???

There's a new vocaloid called ua or something???

I've been looking around for a bit but which vocaloids are new now???

There's a new vocaloid called ua or something???

IA is a somewhat new Vocaloid. There was also a Vocaloid that was released for only those who had 1,000 views and over in a contest on Nico, that one is Galaco. There are is a demo here. Honestly, I think Galaco sounds a lot like Luka.

ah thanks happy.gif

I'll listen the demo :3

I've kinda been exploring more Vocaloids that I'm less familiar with..

And my God, I now adore Oliver. Gakupo will remain my favorite, alongside the song Dr. Realist, but Oliver is just amazing to me. Pumpkin March :3

Because of my sudden obsession with him, I haven't seen many others, but what I've seen of Big Al and SeeU is pretty neat.

I really like IA (A Tale of Six Trillion Years and One Night) and Kagamine Rin (The Lost One's Weeping). My favorite male vocaloid would either be VY2 (aka Yuuma) or Kagamine Len (Servant of Evil).

Really I'm a newbie when it comes to vocaloid fandom (I haven't heard of half the vocaloids you're talking about on here!) but there's a few songs I really love, the top three being the Rin and Len version of Trick and Treat, Kaito's Judgement Of Corruption and Horror Of Fairytale. My entire life just seems so much more awesome with vocaloids singing in the background! I am in fact listening to them on Grooveshark at this very moment - for some reason the only version of Time Forgotten One that I could find doesn't seem to actually have any singing on it sad.gif

EDIT: Don't worry, it was just that my headphones were broken xd.png

Edited by dracopenguin

Really I'm a newbie when it comes to vocaloid fandom (I haven't heard of half the vocaloids you're talking about on here!) but there's a few songs I really love, the top three being the Rin and Len version of Trick and Treat, Kaito's Judgement Of Corruption and Horror Of Fairytale. My entire life just seems so much more awesome with vocaloids singing in the background! I am in fact listening to them on Grooveshark at this very moment - for some reason the only version of Time Forgotten One that I could find doesn't seem to actually have any singing on it  sad.gif

EDIT: Don't worry, it was just that my headphones were broken xd.png

Hehe, that's fine! I only discovered the tons more Vocaloids aside from the really popular ones(Y'know, Miku, Len, Rin, Gakupo, Kaito, Gumi, Meiko, Luka, etc...) just a few weeks ago.

Just continue to explore other Vocaloids and you'll eventually know all of them tongue.gif

I started with, say, duets of ones I don't know and ones I do know. Like, I discovered Oliver through some random Len/Oliver version of PonPonPon, and now Ollie is my second favorite. Just look around and you'll get used to it wink.gif

Just look around and you'll get used to it wink.gif

^This all the way.

By the way, Synchronicity is a good series wink.gif

*is a fan of Rin and Len*

You know, after listening to an assortment of Vocaloids for a while I have come to realise that I absolutely adore the Kagamine Twins - literally, I cannot even express how much I love their music! They're best together but I don't mind either of them alone, Servant Of Evil (Len) and Wish Of Regret (Rin, it might not be the exact right title) being among my favourite songs. I also love them singing with other Vocaloids. After the Kagamines I would say Kaito is my favourite, as it says in my signature I am quite a fangirl of his - he is my fictional husband wink.gif I really don't like Gakapo much, his voice irritates me slightly and he tends to do heavy metal-ish stuff which my fellow Vocaloid-loving friend loves but I don't really listen to. So far I know Meiko, Miku, Kaito, Rin, Len, Gakapo, and (vaguely) Luka and Gumi, but I will follow Aquenee's advice and explore *heads off to find some Oliver songs* I too have many Vocaloid referencing names (and descriptions) on my scroll.

EDIT: Ta-da! Do you like my new avatar? I felt left out because both Aquenee's and Orgladdeon's avatars were pics of Gakapo and decided to show Kaito some love wub.gif I love you so much Kaito... sorry I went on about Rin & Len being better than you... Judgement of Corruption and A Thousand-Year Solo rock... *carries on fangirling for some time*

Edited by dracopenguin

^ Vocaloid avatars are win xd.png

I have no idea why I don't post here more often.

Know I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry by Miku? That cheerful-sounding but actually creepy song? Well, there's a cover by Gakupo out there. It's weird but also insanely cool, if you get past the admittedly awkward beginning. I'm addicted.

Aside from Gakupo, anyone else love Namine Ritsu? He's the best UTAU I know. Here, examples:

The Little Mermaid and those aren't all of my favourites wub.gif