Team EG-X

Vocaloid and UTAUloid Discussion Thread

Vocaloid Discussion! Here's a bit of info from lolpedia.

"Yamaha announced its development in 2003 and on January 15, 2004, Leon and Lola, the first Vocaloid products were launched. They were not released as Yamaha products, but as Vocaloid Singer Libraries, developed by third party developers, the products were powered by the Vocaloid software, under license from Yamaha. Leon, Lola, and Miriam (Miriam using the voice of Miriam Stockley) have been released from Zero-G Limited,[1] UK, while Meiko (released on October 5, 2004 and using vocal samples from the Japanese singer Meiko Haigo[2]) and Kaito (released on February 17, 2006 and sampled from Naoto Fuuga) have been released from Crypton Future Media, Japan.[3][4]

In January 2007, Yamaha announced a new version of the software engine, Vocaloid 2, with various major improvements in usability and synthesis quality. Zero-G and others announced products powered by the new software engine in early 2007. PowerFX released the first Vocaloid 2 package in June 2007, an English product named Sweet Ann. This was shortly followed in August 2007, when Crypton released Hatsune Miku, the first in a series of Japanese Vocaloid 2 character voices. The second package Kagamine Rin/Len was released on December 27, 2007 and the updated edition "act2" was released in July 2008. The first Vocaloid 2 product from Zero-G, Vocaloid Prima, an English classical voice, was finally released on January 14, 2008 in the UK[5] and February 22, 2008 in Japan. It was originally scheduled for release in spring 2007. Prima was introduced at the NAMM Show 2008.[6] The third Vocaloid 2 product from Crypton, Megurine Luka, went on sale on January 30, 2009. She is the first bilingual Vocaloid product, capable of singing in both Japanese and English."

Favorite songs? Favorite Vocaloid?

My favorite song so far is Dark Woods Circus or Alice of Human Sacrifice.

The Vocaloid wikia is in my sig now isn't it... A vocaloid topic that no one replied to? Now as a Vocaloid fan myself, lets not have that! ;-)

That reminds me, their working on Vocaloid 3 now, Tonio is due out this month and we've had Lily confirmed as a Vocaloid. :-3

Oh and Big Al has becomne the first English Vocaloid to have someone make a cosplaying outfit for him.

http://www.qqcosplay.com/VOC2/voc2bigwhw.html

So all you need is to get a set of headphones and a skull necklace and you can cosplay as this guy: http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Al

Also, the anime Black★Rock Shooter is coming soon... Right now is a pretty god time to be a Vocaloid fan, theres something out almost every month! My favourite Vocaloids though; Gakupo, Big Al and Gumi.

I have no particular favourite song rightr now...

Mmmph I wasn't a expecting a Vocaloid thread to be made here of all places.

But wait, it says Utauloid discussion aswell, so why are you saying Teto isn't allowed to be discussed here? :X

At any rate, I've been a fan of Vocaloids since way back in 2008(Before I even joined DC O: )

My favourite Vocaloids consist of Gumi, Lola, Luka, Yuki, miki, Append Miku(Sweet), Big-Al and Len. O:

I have too many favourite songs, I'm so open minded that I rarely really 'hate' a song.

For Utau my favourites consist of Nunny(911), Koto Fuuga, Taya Soune, Ritsu Namine, and Teto Kasane.

Though VocaloidOtaku is normally where I discuss Vocaloids, I don't mind talking about them everywhere else. 8D

We've had them before, but they never hit off. Trouble is, like many vocaloid discussions outside of vocaloid fandoms, its hard because half the enteries replying aren't from knowledgable Vocaloid fans (see VO's topic where youtube discussions are always being brought up as bad examples of Vocaloid fandom).

Yeah... I'm at the VO too... But I don't like to say too much about it, as I treat and react different fandoms and interests I have differently. I don't act at the VO how I act here for instance. happy.gif'

Ahah yeah. :X Youtube tends to have most of the unknowledgable fans. O:

I act the same in every fandom. O: I'm still A, Alexander-After here, just with the username Riku-Heartilly. Still lil' ol' me lurking about the place.;o

As for Vocaloids, the new fake Vocaloid(VIPPERloid), Tei Sukone certainly has the fandoms in an uproar. It's kind of amusing actually. She's clearly Japanese equivalent to Kagami, and she's working effectively. 8D

For some reason, I thought you posted Weird Al...

That would be quite an interesting Vocaloid... Nice hair, though.

Ahah yeah. :X Youtube tends to have most of the unknowledgable fans. O:

I act the same in every fandom. O: I'm still A, Alexander-After here, just with the username Riku-Heartilly. Still lil' ol' me lurking about the place.;o

As for Vocaloids, the new fake Vocaloid(VIPPERloid), Tei Sukone certainly has the fandoms in an uproar. It's kind of amusing actually. She's clearly Japanese equivalent to Kagami, and she's working effectively. 8D

Ah, the Yandere fake... And theres always some who fall for them. Though I must admit, some are so good they fool you for a few hours, like Lily's "sample", but that one... Well the dead give away was the badly spelt Crypton name in the URL.

Plus I knew because the next Vocaloid is either a child "What if..." or a male or both, all we know is Crypton's next vocaloid is CV04 and is male. Plus those append voice banks are still coming.

PowerFX, are working on Vocaloid... Maybe a whole band...

Zero-G Promised Tonio and has yet to deliver, plus theres another due later this year.

Ah and Internet co are suppose to be working on more, but I haven't heard much. At the moment, thers a new vocaloid activity every 6 months. But thats only because Tonio was so late we got it this year.

Reminds me a few weeks ago someone was posting a rumour around Sonika was Luka in higher pitch... Ah youtube... After Yahoo answers your the most biased and mistake driven site around on anything. >_<'

Edit:

I can't discuss UTAU, I hardly know the program, just Teto and a few others.

Edited by Geobreeder

loli'mtotallyrevivingthisinb4Afacepalms

I'm pretty much a diehard fan of Miki, I just love love love her voice.

I'm too lazy to dig out links, but Shuukatsu!, Tsuru Pettan and TRIANGLE LOVE are among my favorites.

Seiko-P is also absolutely amazing when it comes to entrancing Luka songs

I really like Vocaloid. (I just noticed that that sounds weird. Oh well. I'm too lazy to change it now) I'm listening to a song sang by Kagamine Rin on the radio. On my computer. Well, I was until the song changed. mad.gif

Edited by 48844

Iroha Nekmura is the newest Vocaloid. A female with a very tomboyish voice. The latest Vocaloids from Japan have been pretty cool overall.

YAY! YOU LIKE VOCALOID! OK! *Caps Lock Abuse* My fave characters are :

Rin & Len, Miku, Teto and Neru.

OK! Here's the whole point of this topic: Who are your fave characters and what are your fave songs? Leave a reply!

Vocaloid ROCKS! laugh.gif

Seen some stuff on Youtube, it's pretty cool (but some high-pitched parts are AUGH >_> ).

Seen some stuff on Youtube, it's pretty cool (but some high-pitched parts are AUGH >_> ).

I agree.

It can hurt your ears from time to time.

My favourite is Gakupo (Paranoid Doll), but Hatsune Miku's songs are really good too.

*Cough* Ah, thread needs revival!

I shall revive by standing in obvious representation of Kaitou! *strikes pose* God, I need to go to bed, I'm turning insane...

One of my favorite things of all time. I like the songs by Len and Rin more than any others, Miku's really fun to draw, and Luka is the prettiest, Kaito...no ice cream for him! D8< and...Teto...she's coot. =3

Hmm...My favorite song atm is either Paradise of Shadow and Light, by the twins, or....Black Vow,...by the twins. I also like Miku's last night, good night. And did you hear about that mean french reportor who mocked Miku on live TV?! DX There's a facebook page all about hating her =D

The thing about Vocaloid is that they have the weirdest shows...

How on earth do you have a robotic image perform?

Sorry, but Vocaloid's not one of my favourite things... I find it quite pointless.

It's a 3D hologram.

Three. Deeeee. Holograaaaaam.

...dang.

...That's a hologram, right?

Yus, unless my sources lie.

The potentiallllllllllll.

VOCALOID! (da da la da!)

I have just gotten super obsesed with vocaloid. My favorite is Rin... and lLen, because you can't put them seperately then Teto (*ignores secondary title*), who no matter what you say I consider a vocaloid! Then... Luka maybe. Luka's neat.

I also have a friend who is really into it. During dance rehersal today I was dancing a dance she wasn't in and she was apparently hungry so she stole a clementine and some cheese from my lunch. The next break we got, she told me "Y'know, it was the wierdest thing. Rin and lLen cam up while I was on break, and Rin stole a clementine and Len stole some cheese. I didn't know he liked cheese, but apparently he does".

I laghed so hard xd.png.

Hmm., favorite songs, I Like You, I Love You, The Series of Evil, Kokoro, World is Mine.

Oh noes, I pretty much likes them all!

At least all the Kagimine ones.

Edited by -platinum-draco-

Even though I don't really like Vocaloid, I have got to say, definitely, Gakupo's my favourite. The others can't sing. Weelll, maybe GUMI and Luka can, but the others, no.