moondragon55

Spongebob Squarepants

It sucks now!

Most of it makes no sense, half the episodes are about side characters. Some have no characters but spongebob. Some consist of spongbob or patrick randomly babbleing for minutes. Tons of adult jokes that are just creepy (they used to be funny, like the one where they raise the baby clam), I never hear the "my leg!" fish anymore (tom), Spongebob now talks in an extended speech (kind of like the blue and pink unicorns from charlie the unicorn) spongbob used to have many talents, now he can't do anything. They will waste almost a minute on awkward silence in every episode. Sandy is just annoying, plankton uses the joke where his computer says something, he dissmisses it, and then thinks of the exact thing 5 seconds later in almost every episode, and spongebob is now just stupid, He said in a very creepy way he likes squidward, and about a thousand other things.

I never liked Spongebob, to be honestly.

I found the comedy immature and rather basic, especially compared to some of the clever stuff on other Nick shows. I always thought the episodes were repetative, and that Spongebob especially never had a set down character- in one episode he was annoying, in another he was wise. In one he was useless, in another he had plenty of talents.

Maybe Spongebob had a few good things, but it was never been my thing. And at this point, I think he's just become a cash cow.

I know what you mean, did you notice Patrick is kinda smarter. They did that to Cosmo on the Fairly Odd Parents, as well as making Jorgon nicer. Anaway Spongebob even has a politacal agenda now. One episode SB and Parick were talking and Patrick says something like "Oh I can't do that SB my job dosn't provide health insureance" SB replies "Patick you don't have a job" Patrick then says "Exactly". Yep even SB has a secret politacal agenda.

Another episode, someting about mad snail deseas, pokes fun at mass panick. Everyone gets all paranoid about something that dosn't even exsist. Satire does not beling in a mindless kids show.

I like Spongebob. Sure, I hate the awkward silences, Plankton, and my ears being burned repeatedly by Squidward. I just like the adult jokes, like the dolphin cussing and on the Chocolate episode Patrick mouthing "Eat Sperm" or something under that effect.

I don't like the newer episodes though. Hell, I don't like the newer episodes of Fairly Odd Parents either.

"What happened to spongebob?"

1. The original audience grew up

2. the new audience prefers stupid

3. Following Cartoon Network's slow and painful death, Nickelodeon committed suicide

In Spongebob's Last Stand, they called Sandy Sandy Squirrel...

IT IS SANDY CHEEKS!

I used to love it, but most of the new episodes are terrible

I found the comedy immature and rather basic, especially compared to some of the clever stuff on other Nick shows. I always thought the episodes were repetative, and that Spongebob especially never had a set down character- in one episode he was annoying, in another he was wise. In one he was useless, in another he had plenty of talents.

Maybe Spongebob had a few good things, but it was never been my thing. And at this point, I think he's just become a cash cow.

*Is suddenly stuck down with joy*

I'm not alone!!!! biggrin.gif

Well, I'm not a fan of Spongebob, but my nephew is. I don't feel comfortable with him watching it because of the adult jokes, honestly. But really, they're just trying to fill up the episodes with random stupidity, long silences, adult humor, and overused sound effects. And how many episodes have there been about Spongebob trying to drive a boat? How many episodes have there been about Patrick just acting randomly stupid? How many episodes have there been of Squidward trying to get Spongebob to stop being so annoying? How many episodes have there been about Plankton? How many episodes have there been about Mr. Krabs trying to earn money? It's all the same thing every time. Work, boats, Squidward, stupidity, Plankton, work, boats, Squidward, stupidity, Plankton, again and again and again. There are few episodes that have their own plot.

Basic comedy was the idea--it was for kids. That was the point. But now it's like "...what the hell. They put this in a KID'S SHOW?" >_>

Spongebob was always too inconsistent for my tastes. Spongebob can't lift marshmellows, now he can lift patrick, spongebob is a boy, now he's a girl...and on and on. Whenever I watched it I would always feel bad for squidward, I mean, Imagine living next to THAT!

Not to mention that it got really, really, REALLY gross. Seriously, what is up with this nasty brightly colored gore? That's not funny. That makes me want to barf.

It sucks now!

Most of it makes no sense, half the episodes are about side characters. Some have no characters but spongebob. Some consist of spongbob or patrick randomly babbleing for minutes. Tons of adult jokes that are just creepy (they used to be funny, like the one where they raise the baby clam), I never hear the "my leg!" fish anymore (tom), Spongebob now talks in an extended speech (kind of like the blue and pink unicorns from charlie the unicorn) spongbob used to have many talents, now he can't do anything. They will waste almost a minute on awkward silence in every episode. Sandy is just annoying, plankton uses the joke where his computer says something, he dissmisses it, and then thinks of the exact thing 5 seconds later in almost every episode, and spongebob is now just stupid, He said in a very creepy way he likes squidward, and about a thousand other things.

To be quite frank and honest I have always found the show rather stupid. Not in a good way either. Immature even for a kids show. I mean sandy was okay and squidward. Plankton was decent. But the rest of the cast was stupid. I was there, watching the kids choice award, when they previewed it. Even then I though it would be mentally retarding.

I always thought the best episodes were the first two, though that's probably because of something funny happening while my friends and I were watching it one day.

I was actually surprised the show was still going on after the movie was made; usually that's how cartoon series end, right? Better to go out on a high note, then crash into the ocean, I say. laugh.gif

While I agree that the newer episodes aren't as good, I still love Spongebob, and always will.

The thing I love about it the most is the adult jokes. xd.png

And I loved the movie. It was the greatest cartoon movie ever made IMO. happy.gif

The Spongebob Movie ruined the the business.

The show’s creator and producer, Steve Hillenberg, left the show. The fourth season of Spongebob, (“Where’s Gary?”), misses the mark completely. The plots are too complicated (considering its for younger kids), and the characters are too wordy. There is just an information overload with some of these scripts, and they lost a lot of the essence that made the pre-movie versions of Spongebob special.

In short, I don’t enjoy it as much, and I feel like the show is just going through the motions until it gets cancelled.

This. Also, too much yelling. I've always hated that show.

I for one was never a fan, for a lot of reasons--the inconsistency, the yelling, the grossness, the endless repetition of a joke long after it was funny, etc. There were so many great Nicktoons out there--even when Spongebob was in its early days--that have since gone the way of the dodo bird because Spongebob became such a mega cash-cow that other shows got ignored. :C Also, I hate the fact that literally 85% of everything Nickelodeon shows these days, any day, is Spongebob--it's not even worth watching the channel, you'll never see reruns of good ol' nostalgic shows, and if you do it's at 4:00 in the morning. I think, even if you are a Spongebob fan, there is such a thing as "way, waaaay too much of a good thing," and Nick crossed that line a long time ago. xd.png

I've always been a fan. Raised on the show. Always found it gut-wrenchingly hilarious. Can't stand it anymore. Ruined the characters. Ruined the plots. =/ Should have ended with the movie... and I didn't even like the movie.

>_>; I was basically raised by Spongebob. Me and my dad watched it together all the time when I was little, I loved the show, been watching it since the pilot, if I remember. I still love it now, but I do agree the newer episodes are pretty bad. I've never been a fan of gross humor, and it seems like they're really focusing on it now.

But all the older episodes I was raised with I still adore. :3 Especially rewatching them and finding so many jokes I didn't get as a kid. Pft.

Band Geeks is probably one of my favorite episodes. I also really like Rock A Bye Bivalve. |D Though I honestly enjoy pretty much every pre-movie episode. There are a few gems in the post-movie episodes, but not many. :c

I'm not sure what I think of the movie itself...