Toki Mishidozi

Percy Jackson and The Olympians

OMG!!! I loved them!! I was really sad when the series ended but at least Rick Riordan's made a new series called the Heroes of Olympus. Even though I thought The Lost Hero was a bit boring but I have high hopes for The Son of Neptune. Hopefully Percy will be back biggrin.gif

Love the books hated the stupid and terrible movie

I hate the movie. It is terrible. They changed the whole story!!!!

Thank god I never watched the movie, lol. I love the books, but I never knew he started more books in the Percy Jackson series. Must... Read... Nao! Also, is he going to continue the "Red Pyramid" series? Because I really enjoyed that book as well.

I absolutely LOVED the series I've reread the over and over and OVER again. I still liked the movie even though it was nothing like the book.

I can't wait to see the Sea of Monsters even though I don't know how they're gonna do it since the director had his own ideas for the first movie (i mean seriously where did he get the idea of pearls?)

I know where talking about the PJ series but has anyone read the Lost Hero yet? Personally I thought it was boring!!

I just finished reading all five, seen the movie. Is it a bad thing that I like the books and the movie? I thought the movie was great even though they left out Kronos.

I know it sucks that they left out Kronos cuz hes the big antagonist and the rest of the books are learning how to defeat him and stuff

I actually thought the pearls was a neat idea, actually. And yeah, that's what I meant by they can't really do a sequel without messing up the plot more. dry.gif

I saw the movie, and then read the first book. I actually kind of like the movie better.

I looked into it at first because of all the folks saying Percy Jackson is the next Harry Potter, and I can see where that comes from. As I read it, I kept thinking, "If I had read this when I was ten, I would have loved it."

I'm not sure what turned me off about the books though... I think it was probably the way that every chapter started to follow a pattern. Travel a little, fall into a trap, kill the beasties, repeat. It started to make the story feel a little... disjointed? I dunno. Didn't wow me.

I actually thought the pearls was a neat idea, actually. And yeah, that's what I meant by they can't really do a sequel without messing up the plot more. dry.gif

Well technically, the pearls were in the book too; they were just a gift from Poseidon instead of Persephone's. I deeply disliked the concept, for it didn't even fit mythology. After all, where does a flower goddess get pearls. In the myths, yes Persephone was kidnapped by Hades, but she begrudgingly slowly found herself actually liking the idea of becoming his queen. He treated her courteously and becoming the queen of the underworld meant she would become the richest goddess out of them all, as Hades was also lord of gemstones.

Honestly, I'm probably devils advocate here, but I hate plots that stereotype death as evil. Its not. War is and sometimes people are just plain old evil. But everyone dies indiscriminately. That was one thing I loved about PJO, they didn't pin everything on Hades like the movie did.

Exactly Pinkie. Most people think Hades is the devil and therefore must be evil which annoys me very much. Hades is the god of death, sure, but not by choice(according to mythology). Also he is in no way the same thing as the devil....

I could not watch the movie and enjoy it because it was to insulting to the books...

Anyone heard that they are making a second movie...?

Dear gods help us!

Something I picked up from the books. I say "O gods" or "dear gods" now instead of just god. rolleyes.gif

One of my least favorite aspects of the movie was making Hades be the bad guy. Regardless of the source material, that's just wrong.

I love that series. I started reading them when I was in 3rd grade. But the movie and books are really different. I can't say the movie was bad, but I was kinda dissapointed.

Exactly Pinkie. Most people think Hades is the devil and therefore must be evil which annoys me very much. Hades is the god of death, sure, but not by choice(according to mythology). Also he is in no way the same thing as the devil....

Actually, Thanatos is the god of death. Hades is just the god of the underworld.

/pet peeve

The movie wasn't too bad, but I hated that Persephone was in the underworld in the summer. They completely ignored the myth.

I could not watch the movie and enjoy it because it was to insulting to the books...

Anyone heard that they are making a second movie...?

Dear gods help us!

Something I picked up from the books. I say "O gods" or "dear gods" now instead of just god. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I've run across that a lot too, and have tried my best to debunk it (since Hades doesn't seem like that bad of a guy, compared to say... Kronos), but since people equate Underworld = Hell then it naturally follows in the mind that Hades = Devil.

I watched the movie before I read the books, so I didn't really care.

However, even I caught onto to some things without having read the books.

I think it'll be hilarious. Let's see how bad they do this time. >:0

I've been doing something similar to this.

My default exclamation is now "Gods!" or "Oh Gods".

Actually, Thanatos is the god of death. Hades is just the god of the underworld.

/pet peeve

And this is why I should not post when I am tired. I type the wrong thing. Thank you for correcting me. smile.gif

A while back when the movie came out, there were some discussions about who your godly parent might be. I said Hades.(More than one reason) People were like, you want your godly parent to be evil/Satan. I was annoyed. tongue.gif

Loved the books! They were really memorable! I love Rick Riordan & his books. The series was really good and I would finish each book in at least 3 days. They were so exciting. Really love Percy. Haven't finished the Lost Hero yet just can't get over Percy & love the new guy. Haven't seen the movie & doubt I ever will.

I loved those books! I read them in a week. The movie was TERRIBLE though. They changed waaaaaay to much. I hope The Sea of Monsters is better.

I'm currently reading The Lost Hero, and I've read all the ones before that, and I want to see the movie.

I've read all of the books(percy jackson and the olympian series, and the Kane series) I loved them all. but not a big fan of the movie but it was still good.

Edited by boogiemama

I absolutely loved the Percy Jackson series when I read it. <3

I think I ended up reading the whole series in four or five days; it was virtually impossible to tear me away from the books. I was homeschooled at the time so I would sit and read literally all day. I ended up losing a lot of weight and getting really dehydrated because I wouldn't eat or drink anything ^^''

Me and my friend LOVE them!!! The Sea of Monsters movie is supposed to come out next year!!! SOOO Excited!!! Thor Freudenthal is directing it. I told my sister Thor was directing the movie, and she thought I was talking about the Norse god... Heheheh biggrin.gif Only 7 more days til MoA comes out!!!

I totally saw Rick Riordan today. You guys jelly? xd.png And I got a Camp Half-Blood shirt!! <3

I love the series after reading Lightning Thief. I have yet to read Sea of Monsters and the remaining books. I don't know why I did not pick up the book when it was first released.

Lightning Thief showed me Greek Gods, and I remember loving the Greek Gods. I started reading more of these gods after I was introduced to Hercules. Speaking of Hercules, his half-sister is Thalia. I see it now.

After all, Thalia is the daughter of Zeus. Hercules is the son of Zeus.

Love these books. <3

I read the first and last ones ages ago, though I can remember virtually nothing of the last one.

Then a couple of months ago I re-watched the movie and read the first book.

Just recently my brother started reading the rest, so I decided to read them as well.

Man, best decision I ever made. <3 These books are amazing. I love how it's really funny, but has a great plot.

The movie was okay, though I hate the way they portrayed Annabeth. :/