Elirium

Cosplay

So I noticed that there was a serious lack of Cosplay threads on this here forumz.

Do you love it? Do you hate it?

I'm cosplaying as Aeris Gainsborough at Anime Boston next year, just as an idea to what I think of it. :3

I don't exactly like dress-up :\

If I could do it well, I would love to cosplay, but I'm not going to if I can't make it look right. I think it's so cool when it's done well.

I've never done it before but I'd like to. I don't really know of any good blond haired anime characters though (don't say sailor moon!).

Heheh. I've done it once, I'll admit. It was not actually that bad of an experience, but probably only because it was a fairly simple character. I can't possibly imagine some of the more complex costumes, though I've seen some amazing things. As well as some awful things.

If people like to do it, I say go ahead. The ability of some people to recreate the costumes with such accuracy and creativity is absolutely incredible.

It does look like fun, but I'd be too embarrassed to go where anyone I knew could see me. *headdesk*

I like cosplay, though I currently don't participate in it. >.>; Good cosplay requires a lot of money invested in those costumes.

As to cosplayers- I love to see the ones who not only put that kinda effort into their costumes, but who also took their own appearance into consideration if it fit for the character- and they actually get IN character for photos and such. It's not just about the costumes.

I love to cosplay when I go to anime cons...and yes, I am a bit of a weeaboo. I admit it. X)

I would love to, but there aren't very many cosplay areas around here ;n;

EDIT: Oh, if I were to cosplay, I'd go as Edward Elric XD

Edited by Zeekaice

I've never done it before but I'd like to. I don't really know of any good blond haired anime characters though (don't say sailor moon!).

Winry from Fullmetal alchleminst.

For the next con I'm going to, I want to be a Little Sister from Bioshock.

I've never done it personally but I have been to a sci-fi convention where there were heaps of people dressed up, it was kinda scary lol.

I've been tempted...but never have.

I still want to make a certain costume though....even if it will cost a lot.

I actually shall be cosplaying at the convention I'm going to this weekend. OMGcon! :D Yeeeaaah! It's gonna be so much freakin' fun I can't wait vdfvvdsvsdfr.

...pfft. I shall be a random lolita, Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club, and Near from Death Note. o2o Even though I kinda wanted to be other people.

Next year I will be cosplaying as Pokemon! 8D Eevee, Mew, and one other that I still can't decide on. HMM.

wait how are you doing multiple characters? o_O

anyway, never really truly cosplayed (like in public xP), but I did do this weird anime dress up thing with my friends once...

was fun, but costumes just take wayyy too long >.<''

Oh no, not all at once. The convention is three days long, and I'll be doing a different costume for each day. ^o^ It's gonna be a blast.

Cosplayer-wannabe, right here!

Had a lovely set of Mandalorian Armour up until I fell down a flight of stairs last October...now I'm back to square one with too little money to build a new set out of stronger material.

I'm not worth much with a sewing machine, but I can make armour out of medium-to-heavy grade plastic =]

Elka here... I definitely dressed up as Hester Prynne for a party, but nothing more than that. It would be awesome, but terribly embarrassing to do a 'cosplay'.

(btw, what is the definition of 'cosplay'? Elka isn't quite sure)

I love dressing up (for Halloween and such) but have never cosplayed, though I've always thought it looked like a lot of fun. Actually, I've never gotten around to going to a con before, though I keep meaning to. Not sure who I'd go as, though. I'm not really into anime and I can't think of any sf or fantasy characters I'd look good as. That prerequisite notwithstanding, I'd probably go as C'Mell. 100 bonus points to anyone who knows who that is without looking it up. tongue.gif

Edited by Sarahswati

Elka here... I definitely dressed up as Hester Prynne for a party, but nothing more than that. It would be awesome, but terribly embarrassing to do a 'cosplay'.

(btw, what is the definition of 'cosplay'? Elka isn't quite sure)

Cosplay!

"Cosplay (コスプレ, kosupure?), short for "costume play",[1] is type of performance art in which participants don costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. " :3

I once saw a Missingno. cosplayer. I cried tears of awesome.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

I don't exactly like dress-up :\

yeah me too.

*edit*: but I like to try biggrin.gif

Edited by icee2000