Elirium

Cosplay

I've been really wanting to cosplay Carlos from wtnv but I've never cosplayed

Everyone has to start somewhere! I'd suggest joining cosplay.com; the forums are full of tutorials and people to ask for help.

I'm poor

Thrift stores are a good place to look for costume pieces. I can imagine you'd be able to find at least most of the stuff you need for Carlos.

I'm ugly

First of all, I sincerely doubt it. Second, even if you don't have the right features, makeup can change that to a point (just don't use it to make your skin look darker. That's a huge no.)

and I'm a girl.

People crossplay all the time. Again, CosCom is full of tutorials for that.

I personally see no reason to be discouraged from cosplay. If you want to do it, go for it!

just finished my satyr costume for Halloween. Pictures are posted on my original works thread if anyone is interested.

Made a new friend this semester that is fantastic at making cosplay costumes. Me being a props guy means we a great team.

I din't do actual cosplay in the traditional dressing up like a character and prancing sense. I'm an SCA geek, though. I make some costumes for that. I also attend ren fest, LARP, and do Dagorhir. Heheh.

I love cosplaying! I really enjoy seeing all the wonderful costumes people put so much effort into making. The only thing I don't like is how rude and elitist some proficient cosplayers can be.

I cosplay as the Scout from TF2- both RED and BLU.

My next planned cosplay is Madotsuki from Yume Nikki.

I'm planning on cosplaying Matryoshka Gumi, here's pic of my try out (so yeah not full make up and all, just a try so that everything will b fine)

user posted image

yea the wig is bit different than on character but I don't want to cut it since gumi has the wig type of hair mostly

I love cosplaying. I've been going to Youmacon as Ichigo (Tokyo Mew Mew), and Kokoa Shuzen. This year, I plan going as a Deimon Devil Bats cheerleader with my sister (My sister plans being a Hiruma cheerleader, and I'm going as a Sena cheerleader), and something else. This will be my 3rd year cosplaying~

@Hisa: that's looking really cool! I want a Matryoshka hoodie.

My new roommate cosplays sometimes for anime cons, and we half-joked about getting me to do it with her. It's unlikely to end up actually happening though... Also, a friend of mine showed me a group on Youtube that cosplays various animes, and I really enjoyed their videos. It looks like so much fun. x3

-Belated update! That roomie and I ended up not working out so no cosplay for me in the near future. :/

Edited by Dimar

There was a cosplay thread made a few days ago but marked as a duplicate with a link to this one, so I'm bumping it up.

I tried cosplaying for the first time this past fall as Tauriel from the second Hobbit movie, which was due to come out a month later. I'll need to fix up my bow before I do it again - it needs to be repainted darker (the only prerelease pictures I had made it look gold but it's actually a darker muted gold-ish black) and I accidentally had cracked it, which is why the string isn't tight.

Full costume

Closer-up - you can see the ears well here, and the hair a bit better

Hair - best image I could get of it. I had it done at a salon; I tried doing it myself but there was NO way I could manage that

I'm next thinking of cosplaying as Holo from Spice and Wolf. I already have ears and a tail that would work - bought them at the con this year - and of course already have capri jeans. All I'd need is to find a pink shirt, and some kind of dark pink or red scarf, really. Maybe carry a basket of fake apples, too.

Do you guys have any tips for how to make a Sailor moon cosplay? It

would be my first cosplay, and I would like to know if it is a good first.

Right now I'm working on a Female Link cosplay from Legend of Zelda. I've just finished the Hylian shield and will have pictures up soon.

Was planning on going to comicconn (comiccon ct) this year but school is in the way -.-

Otherwwise, I'm working on a DM pygmy costume.

My son and I went to Connecticon this past weekend. He cosplayed as Ness (from Earthbound).

Great weekend, lots of great cosplayers.

I wanted to go as GLaDOS, but that is impossible to do.

I may be a companion cube and he may be Wheatley.

I wanted to go as GLaDOS, but that is impossible to do.

I have seen that GLaDOS youtube before, but I cannot see me doing that. I want a walking around costume.

My son is going as Issun from Okami.

Edited by PrincessLucy

I'm not really a cosplayer but the idea is kinda interesting...

A few friends do it occasionally if I remember correctly, They each have set characters from vampire knight.

Some pics on the internet kind of threw me off the idea though... and besides cosplaying a vampire knight character would be kinda difficult...

Edited by isabella3

Going to Connecticon for the next few days... I am going to see Nichelle Nichols (Star Trek), George Takei (Star Trek) and Deep Roy (all the Oompa Loompas in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). Yeah!

I'm considering doing a gender-bend of Shyvana from League of Legends. I may do her default skin, but who knows! This would be my first cosplay also. I probably won't do/start it until around New years.

I've cosplayed as Slenderman, because I already ahve pretty long gangly arms and have an abnormal height.

It actually worked out quite well.

I've gone to Fanime for the past three years in some pretty basic cosplay but it's always been a lot of fun.

Have done a few times at cons Ohayocon and Anime Midwest.

Cosplays i've done:

A starfleet medical officer

A SHIELD agent

Rosalind Lutece of BioShock

Bum-Fight Pam Poovey, from Archer

Cosplays I want to do:

Splicer

Spartan (Scout armor)

Dr. Algernop Krieger (genderbent)

Aiel Wise Woman

Aes Sedai (blue or green ajah)

Accepted of the White Tower

Edited by Darklithe

I have never cosplayed but i would like to when i leave iran. These are my favorites to cosplay:

Deadpool

Darth vader

Batman

zelda

Assassins creed(american version maybe)

Working on my first cosplay so it's ready for next year's cons! I'm so glad my mum knows how to make the stuff I need :'D