Elirium

Cosplay

Bumping for a question..

AWA is in 2 weeks, and I actually want to cosplay haha. Anyone know of any relatively cheap and quick costumes I could throw together that isn't anybody from Death Note? P:

Zuko!

/shot

Hm... maybe that kid, Ash, from Pokemon. /shot again

I can't think of anyone, sorry.

I used to cosplay unknowingly when I was 3 as Misty/Missy/what's her name from Pokemon... Ha ha...

Bumping for a question..

AWA is in 2 weeks, and I actually want to cosplay haha. Anyone know of any relatively cheap and quick costumes I could throw together that isn't anybody from Death Note? P:

Cosplay as Reborn from Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

Throw on a suit and a mafia hitman hat and curl your hair or something. And get a green water pistol.

And you're done.

Cosplay. |D

I've cosplayed twice.

Once as Itachi from Naruto, and the second time I was Kisuke Urahara from Bleach.

Both times I cosplayed at the OMGcon in Paducah, KY. I love that con. Super fun. A hude dealers room, a cool game room, contests, panels, and Greg Ayres DJ's on Rave Night. :3

Edited by tyto_alba

Bumping for a question..

An Anon from 4chan.

Throw on a V for Vendetta mask, a suit, and you're ready to be everyone.

Does anyone have any tips for a female-to-male cosplayer?

(My sister... ugh...)

Edited by soullesshuman

(My sister... ugh...)

If they're reasonably attractive it's better than the opposite. I wouldn't try to look manly, or it can get very disgusting.

I want to go to cosplay next year. I will go as Kurenai from Naruto and my boyfriend will go as Asuma. biggrin.gif

Eh... I think I might try cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya for next year's local small Anime fest. Both because I like the character and it looks like a simple costume. /sneaky

(My sister... ugh...)

Sephiroth is very effeminate looking.

Suggestion=him

papah matche keyblade some hair dye really big yellow shoes and your ready to go to be sora from kingdom hearts

(My sister... ugh...)

Edward Elric from FMA? He's rather feminine looking.

I want to cosplay- I'm sorta working on a Gaara of the Sands costume.

Or should I go as somebody from Discworld?

Choices, choices...

I'm going to this summer. :3 Giriko from Soul Eater~

I already did it a couple months back. I have two costumes for a con I'm going to. Canada from Hetalia and Noah from Soul Eater~

I've never cosplayed before, but I think I'll go to my college's con this fall. In that case, I'll be Misty from Pokemon; I have red hair, and it's an easy enough costume. I even still have those Pokeballs from Burger King years ago, and a Seadra squirtbottle that fits in one.

I'd be Light, from Death Note. Or Hanataro, from Bleach. Although I highly doubt that anyone will like me messing things up "by accident".

The only bad thing is that you have to buy all the clothes for the cosplay to be perfect.

Edited by caramba2654

The only bad thing is that you have to buy all the clothes for the cosplay to be perfect.

This.

I've looked for two weekends to find a red hoodie. I still can't find one.

I also need 11 belts for one of my cosplays.

YES!

never at con or anything would love to though just halloween partys

I love handmaking my costumes

one of my personal bests was my sly cooper one ( iwon first place in the costume contest)

Edited by chickenhound

I don't cosplay at otaku fests because there are none in my area. I cosplay as my little Naruto characters or as Hatsune Miku.

I've only done it thrice in the last two years, and it was all the same cosplaying outfit. My friend's aunt made it for me--a Chrome from Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

I've gone to exactly one Anime convention, but I hope to go to others since I had a really good time there.

I went as Joey Wheeler, from the original Yu-gi-oh series. There were maybe . . . three people, who knew who I was? And that was WITH a duel disk strapped to my arm, btw. sleep.gif

I had been planning to go to go to another Anime con last August, but the plans fell through at the last minute. So then I had a great Ryoko (from Tenchi Muyo) costume that I spent weeks planning, and nowhere to go with it.

I'm considering going to megacon or something as any of these three characters, although I'm a little big and heavy for them, but they're still workable for me (I could stand to lose 10 lbs for each):

user posted image Got the right hair color for Gene (Outlaw Star), although the outfit will be hard to deal with.

user posted image This would be the easiest to pull off, although my hair is a little... red for him. Plus everybody would recognize him. Wouldn't be able to bring my dog though.

user posted image The guy in the back, named Parn, from Record of Lodoss War, guarantee nobody would know who I am if I went as him, but it'd still be cool.

user posted image Maybe Spitfire from Air Gear, although my hair isn't THAT red.

I'll probably go with spitfire, because his outfit is similar to squall from FF8

user posted image

Man, my hair color is like the most common hair color for anime characters.

Edited by Nerendier

Hey, cosplayers. I have a question.

I've got a little project I'm interested in starting, just because I think it'd be fun/cool.

But, honestly, I don't know where to start. I know I'd need to make everything from scratch for this one (since I'm waaaay too broke to pay somebody to make it, lol).

So, what I want to cosplay is Liger Zero. I've seen some really cool ZOIDS cosplays, and I think it'd be a fun project to start this summer. xd.png

I've done some looking around, and I think I wanna try using some lightweight foam for the most part, and I've seen some suggestion to use some metal shelving supports to brace some of the areas that need some extra support.

But, where do I even start? Should I draw up plans, or look more into what sort of materials to use? What's the best way to make sure it actually looks the proper size on me--not too big, but not too small?

I don't really need reference pictures, since I've got a Liger Zero model myself, but I can easily find a lot of reference pictures for it in different poses...