Elirium

Cosplay

/old thread

So.. My sister and I would love to be doing some cosplays for Halloween.

For her we are thinking of:

Azula (Avatar:TLA)

Olette (KH)

Kairi School Version (KH)

Which of these do you think would be easiest and cheapest to make, look best when done, etc?

/old thread

So..  My sister and I would love to be doing some cosplays for Halloween. 

For her we are thinking of:

Azula (Avatar:TLA)

Olette (KH)

Kairi School Version (KH)

Which of these do you think would be easiest and cheapest to make, look best when done, etc?

I'd say Olette or Kairi. Speaking of Halloween/October if any one lives in or around the New Hampshire area there is an anime con we hold there which is going to be in October. If any one wants the link send me a pm. It's really fun, and kind of cheep (But I guess that depends on what you call cheep)

Edited by Beanie

Gyah. I've been wanting to do an epic cosplay for quite some time, but I can't find something that wouldn't look awkward on a very tall girl with short hair who looks very much like a guy. I might be able to pull off Izaya from Durarara or perhaps Death the Kid off of Soul Eater, but I still have some doubts. I fail at making decisions.

I really love making costumes, but since there's never any cons near where I live, I don't get many chances to cosplay... just Halloween and spirit week at school.

Cosplays I've done/am working on:

-Toph from Avatar: TLA for Halloween a few years ago

-Hay Lin from WITCH for Halloween last year (my wings broke though...)

-Either Snape or Luna Lovegood for the 7th HP movie (my friends & I are all making costumes happy.gif)

-a Na'vi for Halloween/spirit week this year

I've never cosplayed before. Really want to, though.

My friends are all like, "COSPLAY AS L" or "COSPLAY AS SASUKE!"

... I'm not a dude. D:

I want too. Reasons why I don't...........

1.Internet is one thing but in real life I am actually quite shy. So walking around wearing a costume any day other then halloween might kill me.

2.Money to buy a costume or materials to make one myself.

3.Skills to make a costume myself.

Number one can be avoided by friends tagging along helping my nerves. Number two is easy........ GET A JOB tongue.gif. Number three is long and may never change.

I want too. Reasons why I don't...........

1.Internet is one thing but in real life I am actually quite shy. So walking around wearing a costume any day other then halloween might kill me.

2.Money to buy a costume or materials to make one myself.

3.Skills to make a costume myself.

Number one can be avoided by friends tagging along helping my nerves. Number two is easy........ GET A JOB tongue.gif. Number three is long and may never change.

You already listed ways to avert 1 and 2. 3 is easy to avert if you just find an online vendor and buy the costume.

I went to Otakon this year and cosplayed all three days, but only because one of my friends has gone three years in a row, and is an amazing seamstress, so she had one in storage, helped me make one, and the third wasn't very specific, so other than the wig, I was able to put it together by digging through my mom's closet.

I would post what I dressed up as, but I know for a fact that one of the characters was not cosplayed by anyone else at the con, and the other two were pretty uncommon, so I can't tell you what I was.

Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for cosplay for meee?

I've obviously been wanting to do L or Misa, or even Lenalee Lee from D Gray Man, but I dunno. The convention I'm going to next year requires you make it, not buy it, make it. (My mom can help me make it because I'm considered youth there! biggrin.gif). I want something easy to make that isn't crossdressing or hooker-like. Ya know?

My hair's black-ish, and by the time of the convention it's gonna be past my shoulders. And my eyes are brown~

I've also been thinking Mai from Avatar: The Last Airbender...

Edited by Qwackie

How much 'make' do they mean?

As in, raise some sheep and cotton plants, spin/weave your own fabric, and hand sew it with needles you smithed?

Or.. buy fabric and sew it?

Or is buying clothes and modifying it OK?

L has the advantage of being simple.. white t-shirt, jeans, and a little hair gel.

Mai's might be kind of hard to make...

You could do Lust from FMA! : D

I need ideas too.. T.T Short curly brown hair or short straight black hair? From Avatar (TLA), Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun, etc.

I've been thinking about Yuffie. I don't really look much like her though. x.x I need to do one that isn't crossplay (though dear goodness I want to do Zexion and Neku sooo much) and preferably not too hard to make/modify.

I would love to cosplay as Felix.. I don't think I can really though.

Never heard of A Kugoro or Magical Girl Ai. O.o

I'd say go for Mai then. Is your hair gonna be long enough by then?

Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for cosplay for meee?

I've obviously been wanting to do L or Misa, or even Lenalee Lee from D Gray Man, but I dunno. The convention I'm going to next year requires you make it, not buy it, make it. (My mom can help me make it because I'm considered youth there! biggrin.gif). I want something easy to make that isn't crossdressing or hooker-like. Ya know?

My hair's black-ish, and by the time of the convention it's gonna be past my shoulders. And my eyes are brown~

I've also been thinking Mai from Avatar: The Last Airbender...

AZULA.

/shot

I want to cosplay as No Face for Halloween.

And then I shall stand in the middle of the quad at school as No Face and be awkward.

:'D

I want to cosplay as No Face for Halloween.

And then I shall stand in the middle of the quad at school as No Face and be awkward.

:'D

:D

That'd be awesome~

I made 6 throwing knives and made the patterns for the costume already. And the convention's in April. .__.

I'd cosplay as Ed from FMA except I'm too tall dry.gif My next choice would probably be an umbreon gijinka. I actually know how I wanna do it.

Bumping for a question..

AWA is in 2 weeks, and I actually want to cosplay haha. Anyone know of any relatively cheap and quick costumes I could throw together that isn't anybody from Death Note? P:

I know a few, but they aren't anime.

I actually have a rather elaborate costume idea I need to get working on. I have the designs in my head, but they need to get on paper so I can make up a list of supplies I'll need. Way behind schedule so I'll never get it done in time now though. Bright Breasted Wyvern, anyone? *dies*

That was going to be my Halloween costume this year, but it looks like I'll have to nix that plan and pick something simpler. I'm thinking NCIS's Abby.