2 hours ago, water_angel said:

@Starscream That's looking amazing so far! Can you give a little more detail about how you're making the wings? I'm trying to do a Myrrh Cosplay from fire emblem and I'm struggling to figure out what material to use for the wings. I'd like them to be able to fold up when walking around too.

reference:

Hide contents

latest?cb=20151017120814

I used this site as a guide. it is not clear on the rigging. I can try to explain that. https://www.blackowlstudio.com/en/tutorial-crafting-articulated-wings/

I completed the costume and the convention is over. I was the first runner up, so there were about 7 winners (I think one extra because there was tie) my first official cosplay. Normally I just dress up. There is a video, but not yet uploaded.

This is it resting on my slim and sexy  mannequin.

20180716_115209.jpg?width=350&height=467

Not so slim, but still kinda sexy (If I had height, I probably would look more like top :P)

20180714_145651.jpg?width=623&height=468

@Starscream You look amazing! That looks like it was a long process to build, but the end result looks fantastic! Tbh I think it looks better on you than on the mannequin.

I finally got my colored contacts in, so I'll probably do another test of my Elma cosplay later tonight; gotta go fabric shopping this weekend. My con doesn't start until Aug 31st, so I still have time to get everything done, though not much. >*<

Posted (edited)

If you dislike furries, Then don't read it.

Spoiler

I don't see myself do cosplay because of money issue.

If I have enough fund to cosplay, Then I would make my own or commission a set of fursuit. (Or commission my own animal pajama with my OC/fursona design-kigurumi type)

Since my main fursona doesn't have any anthro form, Then I would choose main OC as my own fursuit.

For kigurumi, I'd like to get or make one with my fursona design. (The black with white tipped lion+wolf hybrid. + Eye closed)

Think again, I already have a kind of cosplay items. - Animal pajamas(Kigurumi)

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

Posted (edited)

Uh, I just discovered this thread! Nice!

@Starscream Your cosplay looks awesome! Well done, especially for your first cosplay! :)

I've been cosplaying for 3 years now and while I started with one cosplay per year, the number has increased a bit.

My first real cosplay was Ambarussa (Amras) from Tolkien's Silmarillion; the outfit I designed myself, same as the following Silm characters and the Jedi:

philip-romeyn_29425454594_1fdf833e22_ok. hydraforge_12933124_935536069894782_5638 stefan_lehrmann2_k.jpg?w=200
(Photos: Philip Romeyn, Hydraforge, Stefan Lehrmann)

For last year I built an armor for Maeglin, also from Tolkien's Silmarillion:
stefan-lehrmann__r4a1990_web.jpg?w=200 dsc_3807k-1mt.jpg?w=200 so-27sbk.jpg?w=200
(Photos: Stefan Lehrann, Rokes Cosplay, Nika Istarnie)

For this year I built an armor for Aikanáro (Aegnor), brother of Galadriel, from Tolkien's Silmarillion:

dsc_3705-1cr-k-1mt.jpg?w=200 es7b8739-final-copyright-w.jpg?w=200

es7b8398-final-copyright.jpg?w=250

(Photos: Denise Egal/Ahlundae and Aloha Airbrush)

I also bought a costume for Loki and then started upgrading it with armor parts and weapons. Right now I'm building on a totally new outfit for Loki, but til then, these photos should do ;)

normal_05k.jpg?w=200 dsc_2445-1kmt.jpg?w=250

dsc_9559-1b-1-1cr2-2k2.jpg?w=250

(Photos: Denise Egal/Ahlundae, edit by me)

And finally my newest cosplay, a yet nameless Squamatan Jedi:

jedi.jpg?w=250 p7151437b2-4b2kmt.jpg?w=250

jedi2.jpg?w=250

(Photos: Denise Egal/Ahlundae, edit by me)

You can find more photos here on my FB cosplay page: https://www.facebook.com/foedhrass/

Edited by Ashtoret

Posted (edited)

@Ashtoret Holy cow, those are amazing! I aspire to be at that level, you're really good!

-----

On an unrelated note, I finally went fabric shopping, and ended up spending a ton less than I thought I was going to (so I'm happy about that). Got the fabric to complete 3/4 cosplays completely...Unfortunately the store I went to only had two yards of a fabric I needed, so I have to go back another time and see if they got in any more (need 6 yards total).

Did another costest of Elma (from miss kobayashi's dragon maid) recently after I got my colored contacts in: I'm in love with how they make my eyes look huge, haha. At the time of the picture I'm still missing false eyelashes and the proper kimono, though I did get the fabric to make the proper kimono; I'm hoping to get that finished by next weekend at the latest.

Spoiler

photo 3_zpsqvg7kjc7.png

Edited by dark_sama

Posted (edited)

I finally finished my kimono ahhh It's taken a lot longer than I anticipated. But I'm really happy with how it came out and I'm really excited to wear it to con at the end of this month!

Edit: Ignore my messy room, haha.

Spoiler

thumbnail_zps8o0awlbk.jpg

thumbnail2_zpsfe02mpmw.jpg

Edited by dark_sama