Elirium

Cosplay

I completed the costume and the convention is over. I was the first runner up, so there were about 7 winners (I think one extra because there was tie) my first official cosplay. Normally I just dress up. There is a video, but not yet uploaded.

This is it resting on my slim and sexy  mannequin.

20180716_115209.jpg?width=350&height=467

Not so slim, but still kinda sexy (If I had height, I probably would look more like top :P)

20180714_145651.jpg?width=623&height=468

@Starscream You look amazing! That looks like it was a long process to build, but the end result looks fantastic! Tbh I think it looks better on you than on the mannequin.

I finally got my colored contacts in, so I'll probably do another test of my Elma cosplay later tonight; gotta go fabric shopping this weekend. My con doesn't start until Aug 31st, so I still have time to get everything done, though not much. >*<

If you dislike furries, Then don't read it.

Spoiler

I don't see myself do cosplay because of money issue.

If I have enough fund to cosplay, Then I would make my own or commission a set of fursuit. (Or commission my own animal pajama with my OC/fursona design-kigurumi type)

Since my main fursona doesn't have any anthro form, Then I would choose main OC as my own fursuit.

For kigurumi, I'd like to get or make one with my fursona design. (The black with white tipped lion+wolf hybrid. + Eye closed)

Think again, I already have a kind of cosplay items. - Animal pajamas(Kigurumi)

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

Uh, I just discovered this thread! Nice!

@Starscream Your cosplay looks awesome! Well done, especially for your first cosplay! :)

I've been cosplaying for 3 years now and while I started with one cosplay per year, the number has increased a bit.

My first real cosplay was Ambarussa (Amras) from Tolkien's Silmarillion; the outfit I designed myself, same as the following Silm characters and the Jedi:

philip-romeyn_29425454594_1fdf833e22_ok. hydraforge_12933124_935536069894782_5638 stefan_lehrmann2_k.jpg?w=200
(Photos: Philip Romeyn, Hydraforge, Stefan Lehrmann)

For last year I built an armor for Maeglin, also from Tolkien's Silmarillion:
stefan-lehrmann__r4a1990_web.jpg?w=200 dsc_3807k-1mt.jpg?w=200 so-27sbk.jpg?w=200
(Photos: Stefan Lehrann, Rokes Cosplay, Nika Istarnie)

For this year I built an armor for Aikanáro (Aegnor), brother of Galadriel, from Tolkien's Silmarillion:

dsc_3705-1cr-k-1mt.jpg?w=200 es7b8739-final-copyright-w.jpg?w=200

es7b8398-final-copyright.jpg?w=250

(Photos: Denise Egal/Ahlundae and Aloha Airbrush)

I also bought a costume for Loki and then started upgrading it with armor parts and weapons. Right now I'm building on a totally new outfit for Loki, but til then, these photos should do ;)

normal_05k.jpg?w=200 dsc_2445-1kmt.jpg?w=250

dsc_9559-1b-1-1cr2-2k2.jpg?w=250

(Photos: Denise Egal/Ahlundae, edit by me)

And finally my newest cosplay, a yet nameless Squamatan Jedi:

jedi.jpg?w=250 p7151437b2-4b2kmt.jpg?w=250

jedi2.jpg?w=250

(Photos: Denise Egal/Ahlundae, edit by me)

You can find more photos here on my FB cosplay page: https://www.facebook.com/foedhrass/

Edited by Ashtoret

@Ashtoret Holy cow, those are amazing! I aspire to be at that level, you're really good!

-----

On an unrelated note, I finally went fabric shopping, and ended up spending a ton less than I thought I was going to (so I'm happy about that). Got the fabric to complete 3/4 cosplays completely...Unfortunately the store I went to only had two yards of a fabric I needed, so I have to go back another time and see if they got in any more (need 6 yards total).

Did another costest of Elma (from miss kobayashi's dragon maid) recently after I got my colored contacts in: I'm in love with how they make my eyes look huge, haha. At the time of the picture I'm still missing false eyelashes and the proper kimono, though I did get the fabric to make the proper kimono; I'm hoping to get that finished by next weekend at the latest.

Spoiler

photo 3_zpsqvg7kjc7.png

Edited by dark_sama

I finally finished my kimono ahhh It's taken a lot longer than I anticipated. But I'm really happy with how it came out and I'm really excited to wear it to con at the end of this month!

Edit: Ignore my messy room, haha.

Spoiler

thumbnail_zps8o0awlbk.jpg

thumbnail2_zpsfe02mpmw.jpg

Edited by dark_sama

I have never done cosplay before (unless you count me wearing a bright orange hoodie as Kenny McCormack cosplay) but my visit to German comic com this year has made me want to try it.

I wanna try cosplaying Shin-Ah from Akatsuki no Yona, though I have no idea whether I can do it or not. I've never tried making something like that myself. XD

@Flamekitty48 and @Gluria: Just start somewhere. :) Pick a character you find interesting, and then just start. It's so much fun and really rewarding, to see a costume come together!

Thank you @Starscream and @dark_sama! It just takes quite a bit of practice.... and I still have some issues with some parts of the armors I build - especially the helmet. But I'm very happy with the results in the end. :)

Got two new photos for you as well... I just edited one of the photos from January of Maeglin, since this is the week of Tolkien's Fall of Gondolin (and thus fall of Maeglin), I just have to post it.

dsc_1063e-1m3-2kmt-1.jpg?w=300

(photo by Denise Egal/Ahlundae, editing by me)

And I finished my new armor for Loki, just in time for the Medieval Fantasy Convention in Solingen last weekend, and I love the result.

stefan-lehrmann01.jpg?w=275

(photo by Stefan Lehrmann)

More photos here. :)

Edited by Ashtoret

At TFcon I managed to get third place.

Okay, year two. Same basic costume - some modifications.

New additions, cape, crown and actually used the mask this year. Improved lighting on the wings.

20190713_142547.jpg

20190713_142422.jpg

i am planning on doing a ghost of Starscream for 2020 - its complicated

I would like to use iridescent fabics - LED optic fibre, acrylic rod wings (G1 style but collapsible like above. )

I want to make my own chaps, boot covers/spats, corset & illuminated/iridescent outer covering. I am also attempting to lose a lot of weight - and have shed about 30 pounds so far. (looking to drop 60 all day) I'll go more into detail about it as I get further. But right now, I am planning the legs until I lose the weight to start the corset part.

found a short of short, curvy costume template.

colour-layout-concept.png

Edited by Starscream

Tbh, cosplaying sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't know any fandoms that have characters that look enough like me to actually do it... rip

19 hours ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

Tbh, cosplaying sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't know any fandoms that have characters that look enough like me to actually do it... rip

Who says you have to look like a character to start with? I've seen a Muslim female Captain America cosplayer in full hijab and she looked great! For that matter, google "Sailor Bubba" and you'll see a six-foot-plus, heavyset bearded man in absolutely wonderful Sailor Moon garb - I saw him myself at Gen Con back in 1999.

Or if you're really worried about looking enough like the character in question... do you play any RPGs? If so, do up a character with your own height, weight, eye and hair color, etc, and then cosplay your character.

Seriously, I get it that sometimes it's disheartening to see all these characters with perfect bodies when yours isn't. Believe me, about the only character I've seen that I could cosplay based on my own looks would be Delores Umbridge from Harry Potter. Not likely to happen, I can think of a bunch of other characters I'd rather do, if I was going to cosplay HP beyond "generic Ravenclaw student." (And for that matter, I don't let anyone tell me I can't be a student because I'm nearly 50.) But the whole point of cosplay is to dress up as what you want to be, rather than what you are, so just pick a character you admire and go for it!

I want to cosplay more but I can't spend too much so I try to make my clothing and stuff myself. Even if I'm a little fluffy I think I make an okay Yoruichi from Bleach.

My hair is dark brown but I went in with krita/photoshop to color it and see how good it would be in Yoruichi's purple hair color. I do this with my photos to see how good I might be able to play a certain character.

I also had an unnamed Uchiha character that I used to cosplay back in the day. The eyes and background are also photoshopped and the contrast upped a little but I sooo want to get the contacts for the Uchiha eyes.

yoruichi_me_by_terra_anne_d3j3p39-fullview.jpg

teranne_uchiha_by_terra_anne_d2xkgbb-pre.jpg

8 hours ago, catstaff said:

Who says you have to look like a character to start with? I've seen a Muslim female Captain America cosplayer in full hijab and she looked great! For that matter, google "Sailor Bubba" and you'll see a six-foot-plus, heavyset bearded man in absolutely wonderful Sailor Moon garb - I saw him myself at Gen Con back in 1999.

Or if you're really worried about looking enough like the character in question... do you play any RPGs? If so, do up a character with your own height, weight, eye and hair color, etc, and then cosplay your character.

Seriously, I get it that sometimes it's disheartening to see all these characters with perfect bodies when yours isn't. Believe me, about the only character I've seen that I could cosplay based on my own looks would be Delores Umbridge from Harry Potter. Not likely to happen, I can think of a bunch of other characters I'd rather do, if I was going to cosplay HP beyond "generic Ravenclaw student." (And for that matter, I don't let anyone tell me I can't be a student because I'm nearly 50.) But the whole point of cosplay is to dress up as what you want to be, rather than what you are, so just pick a character you admire and go for it!

What I meant was a  broader meaning of it, like the hair/eye  color.  And if I make up my own, everyone would probably ask, "So who are you supposed to be?" and I'll have to explain that it was a character I made up, etc. But thanks for the advice ^^

I would love to see the Muslim captain america - sounds wonderful!

Sometimes you need to explain who you are. with my costume, i was surprised at how many could figure it out. But if I went to fan expo in it, I'd probably get asked. Don't be disheartened by that either.

just googled sailor bubba. Wicked! I am glad to see that. Girls frequently cosplay male characters but you don't often see it the other way around. Lets see at fan expo I saw some amazing costumes. One I think was narato - a guy with spikey hair.

[was dead from the site for a while but I'm back and oh my gosh I love all the pics everyone has been posting here lately ahhh!!]

I entered my first cosplay contest earlier this year with a flareon cosplay that I made in three days and got a Judge's Award. Entered another and didn't get any prizes, though to be honest the judges didn't really seem interested in judging the novice cosplays? So that made me feel kinda bad. But I do wanna show off my recent stuff here so have a pic dump!

[put under the spoiler so it doesn't stretch the page too bad]

Spoiler

WlRA_-L7gpOlpNteBvC_3VgJyCDeew8KzfFpSsAh-myL9x6rKlT912m3Opcs7jiIa7fXxp4q-qnAdUSoYyHsy-uBn1jIhx5OBHPaZbRlW6AWPFs8XI-jVNrcBHWfvX_4ScA8yVAiuE7PelfeabzpCsWYE1G4svbEaNgcmh7ObLkRyokzYuJjfr0_jBxX_BCrUnsskRErt8psztuGcwTsSPCxlm1K-_FWbUy2pN-skcc64gZlDIckxlkryb706VNTE1lLvOh00Q0m8m8XkU2nnhxSRaQn6JSHWtLPc9nywW_uRYnhA9DS1z_1blA2d1rSV4MuVKaG27aLbJGCOGb6M0fm3Q0w33X72ReE8RD3PjdUx_ojP-PuCd46SHy5q_2z2WJvRr6qLlD_0YXapOq-ZjGceImZELuiFe4J6kqI-ol_-y38B5w2K0BizkS6kxSHtkA2wcMhyk77413MWnCZV3vDYMvCV5sCtGjrhab3zR3GBPkmLof1KTZMMj2-jl7R8DbvYQL9K-SKwkuCHthsViRb5ovIenu5MBCFBKpFQy9d48vj0ZKLxqkMVTVbrT90tdA2FU8hwU9r2a05ZGEzHQIQ81bOtsVxL7LzDC81fJTM-ja0AQpugSp0utwC93m63bDZcj5kTshUByLKWUqT35aXani9HyYvzJRykjrtYzbXTGE9s77qRg=w481-h575-no

Guzma from Pokemon Sun and Moon

pKodUJCaXYhYLOmwNMuCCkId266BMMAnQvsiGgjew7vySDFEaoN85u0WlfExYHeVvBOHUyNVLxANBP4KLKiT6Ojl7DGPpMNiOcaJh2RWwwad8cgyvR-iYvkDMflBiDCcbcEyv6D1d1N9HGXHD46L8f68WcdKsj8cgSC03H1jMyaQ6cFopTsMKJOFQ4Op0M2BYjUvRLn6FLvUtUiJWTli3sGHYl5yQYn3ucJcHnZR_yZ5ZOpTp3XUo5xAgaN9RXpThG0xk9jMqBXciFTb4RaWDukvCSyyovbrHXmhj20cH1RJrmXz94iEFJ4IkTcoh16Mo3-N0dQn5IbU1lbDIDy7rT0j2N7UQ7FMQ9SN7QIFga0iMZcJneK9cpA4ZE_IPJkj8GUSg5-68winv06Wh3R2XeqJY9nDhNzHoRmrH4lPTljiJ-uSDRpE55ZW2wOEttnXecqHuibn15zhINt0c4Th58gzXZCfEpL3X__2IaYHGIYfltar8qDtY5kLfVwlQGss4XQDoYTI59U8C8K8v9keMl13uVENZI3DwbJzdWRH7Cm9t1rOMETNXY_F_Y80KqOvVHogwWesUdfdGR_mtq-7csfvMCbgGAn70OcNx3ppWWOBhmQOmK1eOJg4AFTbFre9Mrd-Lvln_WNVkF6J53Uf7TYCUidJcFeWrFjqz7qqR9UnhurzoA3InQ=w477-h592-no

Flareon from Pokemon

sAB_ebhxXVN4juDmqA9TJHU06FxDaBt8MiulNdyOdXfItF16FmNNYQQTaHK1mNUJJsfZmeON0x3j8V-2qBM4UZO8Hmoviodaodi1gUWVGj8jGP6WDjTVcmjPrCxjwKdbSAzw214e7SIa50hexlW8GtO-GOsmR1Js7UAnzzTQfxiEc8_ZRp7ryJaJI0NQdndT-_J9AKMbKJuikY2kOON8f00pFq3cCQzWFbZTpZlecdoi9mvGdUsI6efJIRcBKMvgu-EBLw0O7pSBZwZUH1i6owPMbhkboQt5-KB6z2y2C-_R9XOeRgMP_Y_0p7bytJKJW22Wz2nSEpNnlTgxQM9iVuw5kVrS090mCl1q3ZgV9Vom54OWdUSDnEJaxPek6OdqyoYSz4YPgjBwNM52vTUTPvRo2XlYwwVX9lz_I1d6j9ZZ8OYGDmxVbTUypEfp-BJFowcJR45P3Oe0yxJ9_aqAqxtYK46aJU2oIORximp4pv68IfLvDipTPResE11kuPhJB5Wg3bmjugJuwLEfuLuQOuE14k1OuFsMujZAQIsiF19MDuK0C5v9RjpBBOEpSkzDeeJDKBxigAFi8mmFUDT1jEQXaqDDkz7SQ7FLWw6J2SAES6BbS8LbolXuUhFPwsszGGZpoGYjTt96MMC8bn6sUNz0-E4_jKSpQD-skmrJwqk5OaJmYjgREA=w490-h590-no

Magearna from Pokemon

Moving forward I'm working on a pumpkaboo cosplay that'll hopefully be finished before Halloween, and a cosplay based on a yu-gi-oh card that I'm hoping to have finished before my next con in January.