Sylette

Male to Female Ratios

I'm up to 9 males, 3 females. Makes me wonder if it's truly 50-50 or if something else affects it. I'd get a pink to influence them but the pink would probably gender male too... dry.gif

Well, with the sole exception of the few single gendered dragons there are, I have a Noah's Ark scroll....one male, one female of each. Exceptions are the original pinks, Yulebucks, and Valentines day dragons, all of whom are single gendered. I have two of each of those as well.

I decided to get two more new pinks, only so I can influence gender on 4 eggs at once when there is a new drop.

Other than that, its a pure Noah's ark scroll.

My scroll has always been male heavy (funnily my first dragon was female) For a few breeds I seem to get more females then males, but they're definitely the minority. My ratios gotten a bit better since I managed to get a female pink, but I actually had to beg a hatchie off a friend.

When hatchies gender is the ratio based on the current DC male/female ratio as a whole or from that breeds current male/female ratio?

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but I didn't see it anywhere, and being slightly new and also in a certain situation, I could profit from an answer, if anyone knows.

I need a certain egg to gender Female, so I can breed her with my already grown Male Dusk/Thuwed/Dorkface dragon.

Now, as far as my Adult dragons, I'm tied with number of females and number of males, so you could say, my ratio is pretty much even.

However, I have the two new 2010 Christmas Dragons [rumored to be automatically females], a Yulebuck egg [which will come out male]. The fact that these will automatically gender a certain way makes me wonder, will this factor in to my scroll and possibly cause my egg to gender male?

My scroll keeps pretty even with the genders. If I have one more male than females, the next egg usually genders female and stays even. So, if these automatically gendering eggs have an effect, then the egg I need to gender female may gender male to keep the scroll even [i have a pink dragon, but he's a male. -.-]

However, the question is, do special eggs like the 2010 Christmas and Yulebucks effect your scroll, or is it strictly adults, or is it a mix of adults and hatchlings?

If the eggs don't effect it, then I can breathe a bit easier and not worry, but if they do then...blink.gif

I used to get a lot of females (particularly reds, magi and pinks, I got 4 female reds in a row and 3 (I think) for magi and pink...), but since having a friend influence me a male pink, I've used that one to create more male pinks and now my scroll is more balanced. Also, my rares seem to gender male, my thunder and gold are the only exceptions, plus one stripe that I influenced female, which doesn't really count.

Lately pretty much everything genders male :S I've been trying to get a female pink, but they keep gendering male too D:

Total:

Males: 70

Females: 57

Edited by Anima

I'm currently at 57/51 or 1.1020408163265 according to EDS, with one Cheese, one ungendered hatchling, one egg influenced female, and one 2010 egg which is another female. This is the closest I've ever been to the 50/50 ideal. I've tended to have more males, so it is nice to see it beginning to balance. And getting some Pinks has definitely helped make a difference.

(Of course, the first one just had to gender male, but we're past that now!)

If I don't use influence, certain breeds just prefer one gender.. >.< My Blacks and Stripes for example tend to be male lately. But, when I need them to be male, they turn out female.. I think it's not so much the ratios... It's just my personal curse.... dry.gif

I've always got way more females than males... But since I got myself a few more pink males I've been able to get at least a few more males. And mine dragons seems to know when I need a female, because they always turns out to be males when it's like that... So that's why I've started to influence mine eggs to be females too when I really need a new female.

For some reason I always end up with several more females than males, but I am trying to correct that by influencing - hopefully I will eventually have a 50/50 split.

The 10th male out of my 15 Magi Dragons is named "Not ANOTHER Male Magi," because I hoped he would gender female, without enough pinks to influence everybody. I may change his name at a later date, but I really understood how Midas got named when I saw that little arrow. xd.png

My adult male count is 66 and my adult female count is 70. I guess that's not so bad. I don't know what it was before the pinks had the influence BSA, but I believe that has helped even them out a bit more since I also like to have a male and female of each dragon type. I don't try to build armies. Although I have a lot of vampires, but that was to help other people out. tongue.gif

Eh, if I counted it right, I have 24 females (including s2 frozens) and 23 males.

As I have one male pink I have more males than females. Now all my reds are males, and all unfrozen hatchling (including reds) gendered MALE (I wanted to breed them). Despite this all drakes in my scroll are female so I can't breed them. xd.png

I tend to have more females

but with influence I've been balancing it out

I have 233 males and 243 females as of now

the females still overtake since some breeds are only female so until an oposite gender comes out to balance it females will win LOL.

Edited by Merenwen

My dragons tended to be female, but with the help of influence things are leveling out. Though I do have certain dragon breeds that annoyingly prefer to be male. Mostly I expect them to be female like everyone else and don't influence them. Yet, when certain breeds just didn't turn female I knew I had a problem and needed some female pinks. My stripes are the worst of the bunch and they're the ones that provoked me to get some female pinks. I even think I've had a failed influence or two on them.

Spitfires, reds, and skywings are also a problem. I just noticed not too long ago I have four CB male skywings and one female. meanwhile, the terrae and embers prefer to be females.

I've been lazily tracking my scroll stats since I started, and I've managed to somehow hover around 1:1 overall, which is what I'm currently at. But since I'm really looking for matched pairs, so I could breed if I wanted to, I go a little crazy when my hatchlings gender the same as every other dragon of its breed that I already have(I'm looking at you, pygmies. >:/ )

I have more Females than males.

But thanks to my Thuwed Dorkface Pink, I am slowly bringing back the balance.

Still, I always figured having more females than males in one's scroll is the lesser of two evils, where the other scenario is more males than females. xd.png

I seem to be cursed with attracting males recently, no idea how unbalanced my scroll actually is. Luckly i have more female pinks than males to influence with.

overall it looks like my scroll is female heavy though so it works out in a way xd.png

Edited by whitedragon313711